Watch Leaked Amazing Spiderman Clips

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Greg Tito said:
Next thing you know, Webb will ask Bruce Campbell to do a cameo.
Hey, I'd ask him to do one too. What? I like Bruce Cambell.

Also, I kind of liked Spider-Man 3 myself.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
Man thats disappointing. I really love Garfield as an actor, and I held onto my hope for this movie after the first trailer kind of blew. I'm still hopeful, but these clips didn't help. The second one was kind of amusing, as others have said, but overall it just isn't looking great.

Who knows. Guess we'll just have to wait for the release this summer.

(Also, ads in the captcha? The Escapist is addressing its financial problems in weird ways...)

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
There's really not enough here to pass any kind of judgement to be honest guys. Combine that with the frankly awful sound quality of the YouTube video and I'm not sure that there's really anything that can be said.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Is this a joke? If this is part of the film, "Spiderman: The Quest For Twilight Money" looks worse than I already imagined it would be

And fuck this ad-based captcha. Little Ceasars is greasy garbage.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Middle one was alright. The audio was wonky so I couldn't get a good grasp on his delivery, so we'll see for certain later.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
This does not change my initial opinion in any way. I expected complete crap from the moment I heard Raimi was removed.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Well Jesus Christ guys, most of you guys sound determined to hate the movie, and came in looking at the clips from that perspective.

Realize this is less than two minutes worth of clips, so please, calm your balls.

AgentCooper

Dec 16, 2010
That footage looks like its months old and the edits don't seemed finished.

They don't have to reinvent the wheel for the amazing spider-man movie. I just hope for some surprises.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
I didn't know we had started basing our entire opinion of movies less than 2 minutes of footage with poor sound quality, but hey there you go.

As for the "questions" raised by the first clip - haven't you ever fallen asleep on public transport before? Or find yourself waking with a jump for whatever reason? It's really not that outlandish a scene if you think about it.

But yeh, I also liked Spiderman 3, despite the fact I had heard so much bad press about it I went in expecting a complete travesty.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Terrible sound, with potentially multiple takes strung together (for the middle scene when he's stringing the guy up), and highly unlikely to be the final edit.

So yeah, no shit it doesn't look great.

Acting in the actual trailers seems fine. And yes, those are obviously highlights strung together in short succession, but then this leak is hardly representative either.

We may as well be sitting around and complaining that clips of characters being animated for a game makes the final product out to be a little shitty, because there's no textures or music, and all the voice work is filler, and some of the animations don't look real yet.

Nooners said:
Bleeahhhhhhhh....not really liking this at all.
This guy just seems like more of a jerkass than Toby MacGuire's Spidey.
Well MacGuire's was (and I believe this is the scientific term) a massive pussy, so that's not exactly difficult or surprising.

niceguy191

Mar 11, 2010
Something about just how easily that bathroom fell apart didn't make it look like super strength at all but just bad luck in a very poorly constructed bathroom. At least TRY and make it look like there's some extra force there....

Caffeine_Bombed

Feb 13, 2012
Cheery Lunatic said:
Well Jesus Christ guys, most of you guys sound determined to hate the movie, and came in looking at the clips from that perspective.

Realize this is less than two minutes worth of clips, so please, calm your balls.
That's the impression I got too.
Mind you, I can't friggin' stand the 'original' trilogy and I'm actually really looking forward to this so maybe that's why I liked these clips. Saw absoloutely nothing wrong with them.
Some people just seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for reasons to dislike these clips.
'Spider-Man wouldn't do that to a criminal' - What comics have YOU been reading?
'His stance is wrong' - Fucking what??

And if I may quote wikipedia regarding the cancelled Spider-Man 4:
"Raimi also discussed his desire to upgrade Bruce Campbell from a cameo appearance to a significant role. It was reported in December 2009 that John Malkovich was in negotiations to play Vulture and that Anne Hathaway would play Felicia Hardy, though she would not have transformed into the Black Cat as in the comics. Instead, Raimi's Felicia was expected to become a new superpowered figure called the Vulturess"

Fuck. Sam. Raimi.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Robert Ewing said:
This is like that parplexing hulk remake, that went into production the SAME YEAR as the release of the OTHER hulk movie, and were both ABOUT the genesis of the Hulk. So it was essentially the same movie, released twice, but with a different subplot. It was so weird...

This is a needless remake! Raimi's movies were completely and utterly demonstrably fine! Sure the third one tripped at the last hurdle. But it's too soon!

A remake in 20 or 30 years I can understand, but why now!?
Hammeroj said:
I can see the "too easy" line as a little chuckle-worthy, but really, this reeks of nothing but 'meh'.

And I don't like this Garfield guy at all. Didn't see anything special about him in Social Network, and seriously not seeing Spider-Man in him.

Fuck it, I'll be honest. Looks like shit.

Robert Ewing said:
A remake in 20 or 30 years I can understand, but why now!?
Because Spider-man 2 and 3 broke box office records, and because, allegedly, Raimi decided not to work on the fourth movie after too much meddling by Sony.
Also the rights to spider-man were about to go back to Marvel and Sony were afraid that:
A: They would do a better job, and looking at their movies so far they probebly would do
B: They were afraid that Marvel would put him in The Avengers and make it an even bigger hit than it already will be.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
ProtoChimp said:
Soviet Heavy said:
DVS BSTrD said:
There's smoke coming out of his wrists in the second clip. They're going back to the web cartridges?

Looks like a Bruce Campbel cameo is just about the only thing that could make this movie bearable at this point.
Soviet Heavy said:
That still looks awful, and his acting is making it worse.
I think Garfield has forgotten the meaning of the word sincerity.
The worst part is that I like him as an actor. He was great in the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, so why is he so awful here?
I will direct you to Ryan Renolds. Watch Buried... then watch the Green Lantern.
You shall now be savagely beaten for mentioning the movie that shall never be named again! I will, however, give you the choice of a baseball bat or a sledgehammer.

In related Ryan Reynolds news, I hope he does a better job with Deadpool than he did GL or I will be paying him a visit to perform another of the above mentioned savage beatings.

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
I may be one of the few people who didn't like Raimi's Spider-Man. He was soul less. Never joked, never had any banter. Just give Spidey back to Marvel please.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Yay, it still looks like shit. I dont have to be as bothered when people tell me Im wrong for being mostly content with the third spiderman film

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I am clearly the only person in the world that is looking forward to this film. Big fan of Andrew Garfield and Marc Webb directed 500 Days of Summer, which is quite possibly my favourite film... ever. Plus, the casting is fantastic. Rhys Ifans is an odd yet fantastic choice for the Lizard, Emma Stone has been in consistently good films since Easy A, and the supporting cast is just... my God. Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben? A medal for whoever made that casting choice. Sally Field as Aunt May? I literally can't think of another actress who is more suited to the role. And Dennis Leary as George Stacy? I'm pretty sure only Nathan Fillion tops him as a better casting choice.

Plus, they're basically giving the fans what they want at this point. Mechanical web-shooters? Check. A one-villain movie with a fan favourite antagonist? Check. Gwen-fucking-Stacy? Check.

Fuck the haters, I'm looking forward to it.

Greg Tito said:
Here's a free tip for Marc Webb on directing The Amazing Spider-Man: If you're going to remake a movie, don't directly steal scenes from the previous director's interpretation.
Firstly, I'm going to get a little pedantic here: remake and reboot? Not the same thing. Secondly, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say Marc Webb is stealing anything. I mean, two scenes are similar so Webb is suddenly some scene-stealing villain? I doubt Webb is brazen or stupid enough to steal a scene from the original and figure nobody would care.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I don't know, I think instead of remaking a movie, they should have remade a musical. Or a comic series.

Seriously, I don't see how we can get very much from a new Spider-man origin story. In my mind, that's always the worst part: having to meet all the characters and waiting for them to meet each other, and then waiting for something to go wrong. Just cut to the chase already.

Stephen Reagan

Apr 4, 2012
I cant stand haters and I cant stand trolls always looking for a reason to hate snd it seems every single last one of you (almoost) are all hating and saying crap, everything about those clips were great and you really need to get your heads out of your butts( yeah give it to marvel see Ultimate Spider-man tv series) I cant wait for this movie