Watch Now: Suicide Squad Comic-Con 2015 Trailer

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Lizzy Finnegan said:
"Warner Bros. Pictures and our anti-piracy team have worked tirelessly over the last 48 hours to contain the Suicide Squad footage that was pirated from Hall H on Saturday. We have been unable to achieve that goal. Today we will release the same footage that has been illegally circulating on the web, in the form it was created and high quality with which it was intended to be enjoyed. We regret this decision as it was our intention to keep the footage as a unique experience for the Comic Con crowd, but we cannot continue to allow the film to be represented by the poor quality of the pirated footage stolen from our presentation."
Wow, lady. Pouring it on a little thick are we? Three times that you talk about it being stolen/pirated, four if we count that last one where you redundantly double-state that it was stolen. It's like she's trying to guilt trip us over something that someone else was doing. Then again, that does seem to be corporate policy 101: When you can't find the real crooks, blame your customers.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
The main message I'm getting from this trailer is that Harley is a hot, psychotic mess. Katana, Killer Croc and Enchantress got a couple seconds each, Deadshot gets a line or two. But they've transformed Margot Robbie into a sexy pile of harlequin insanity, right down to the shots of her pole dancing and licking a cell bar.

I need to see more before I know if I'm okay with this.

kris40k

Feb 12, 2015
Deu Sex said:
With band-inspired character names like Slipknot, I'm wondering if DC is starting to take ideas from Jojo's Bizzare Adventure. Also that news about Will Smith is disappointing.
To be fair, Slipknot's (edit: the character) first appearance was in 1984.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
I don't care for it. This is the type of comic shit that didn't grab me about comics in the first place.

It feels stupid. Like it exists so people can make crappy tumblr gifs out of it. And cosplay as shitty versions of the characters

It looks like the movie Hot Topic has been saving it's allowance to make since 2000

It looks edgier than a box of razor blades with daddy issues

It warned it's parents what would happen if they didn't get it a pony for Xmas. They should have listened.

Oct 20, 2010
Queen Michael said:
Honestly? This seems perfectly good. A 4/5 at least, I'd say.

Harley isn't exactly like in the comics, but I'm okay with movies doing their own thing as long as said thing is a good one. And honestly, on the whole she's pretty darn faithful, and keeps her sense of fun.

Deadshot is cool. I haven't read a lot of comics about him, but judged on his own merits Will Smith seems good as usual.

The Joker? Weeeeell, I know the tattoos are controversial--or rather, not controversial, because everyone agrees that they're a bad decision and npbpdy's arguing about it--but I honestly think that they might work with this version of the Joker. And while I'm not crazy about what I've seen of him, I don't have enough to go on.

Like rosac said, Killer Croc shoulda been bigger but is good apart from that.

Amanda Waller isn't quite big enough, but still basically good and not the New 52 lbs. version.

All in all, I think the movie as a whole looks fantastic.

I'm with you, It looks a whole lot better than I would have thought because that joker is ALL THE NO. I do not "Love that Joker!" in fact i say "Nay Nay!"

I'm going cautiously optimistic - mostly because Harley seems to be done well as Her Character. I'm 100% baffled as to why they have her blue/black not Red/black but it wouldn't be the movies if they didn't pointlessly change things. Still, her costume is slowly becoming "Tank Girl Cosplay."

......Tank Girl and Harley Quinn Crossover.......I might be on to something here.....

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
DeepReaver said:
Frankly, to me it looks like this movie is going to be an over-hyped mess that could do with about 5-6 less characters and plot points.
I agree, I fear it'll be a convoluted mess of a film.

Can't we just have a Joker & Harley film? Or just a Harley film? Because she's going to be wasted in this movie. Best cast of all of 'em, frankly.
Ishal said:
I don't care for it. This is the type of comic shit that didn't grab me about comics in the first place.

It feels stupid. Like it exists so people can make crappy tumblr gifs out of it. And cosplay as shitty versions of the characters

It looks like the movie Hot Topic has been saving it's allowance to make since 2000

It looks edgier than a box of razor blades with daddy issues

It warned it's parents what would happen if they didn't get it a pony for Xmas. They should have listened.
Luckily there's all kinds of hipster stuff besides the superhero crap. You should see my purchases, they got nothing to do with that genre. Things like DMZ, Northlanders, Fables, Joe The Barbarian and Fell.

Except maybe the odd Deadpool comic.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
So I'm not terribly impressed by this. Does it have an interesting concept? Sure. It's the Dirty Dozen with supervillians. However, there are plenty of great concepts that had crappy executions, so I'll wait and see on this one.

Also, so far this Joker isn't doing anything for me. Maybe the movie will change my mind.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Deu Sex said:
kris40k said:
Deu Sex said:
Looks like crap, to be honest. Who are all these jabronis anyways? Only characters I recognize are Joker, Harley, Killer Croc and Will Smith as Deathstroke (which I personally think is a neat casting choice). All of whom except Will Smith look like they're designed to appeal to 14-year olds who unironically enjoy nu metal. I have no clue who the hell coatman or tattooman are, or why I should be getting hyped for them.
Will Smith is Deadshot, not Deathstroke. Deathstroke is awesome, Deadshot is ...ehh.

Tattooman is El Diablo. Other characters are Captain Boomerang, Slipknot, and Rick Flag.
With band-inspired character names like Slipknot, I'm wondering if DC is starting to take ideas from Jojo's Bizzare Adventure. Also that news about Will Smith is disappointing.
Slipknot's a Firestorm villain that dates back to the early 80's. I'm pretty sure he predates the band.