We Are Our Avatars VIII: Interdimensional Jaunt. (Closed up, thanks for playing.)

DotSlash

Knives on Full Auto!
Nov 20, 2011
As the lift began to move, Ness let out a small sigh of relief before taking a seat on the floor while she looked out of the side of the platform as it moved, hoping to see some sort of view eventually.

Zepherus14

Jan 24, 2012
"I wouldn't mind hearing a little story to answer the stiffly dressed man here. Seems that there is some serious business going on here." Franky announced from ball.

Demonjazz

Sexually identifies as Tiefling
Sep 13, 2008
"Also can we leave here? I'm supposed to be fighting a gym leader tomorrow"

FPSfanatic

Sep 21, 2011
Don sighed, and looked the group over. "Alright, no point keeping you in the dark. I'm a member of the WAOA, a group of people who, 30 years ago, discovered how to jump between universes. We set a facility up in Siberia, a remote location to test out what we could do. That place quickly turned into one of the largest transportation and trading hubs our world had ever seen. this went badly when one world, having made contact with us, decided to invade. a nuke ended the threat, but it cost a lot of people their lives. We decided to set up a new location, because profits good at making people forget bad things, and set it up so that there would be far less loss of life in another invasion."

he patted the elevator. "this facility, set up in England, got buried a couple miles underground to make it easier to clean up. since then, its been pretty calm. Until you lot showed up with your dragon. So yeah, welcome to the largest interuniversal trading hub we've found. Might be bigger out there in the altiverse, but we haven't seen one this large. We're currently raising ourselves to the halfway dorms, where we keep people so they can be inoculated to this world's diseases and we can test to see if you're carrying anything dangerous." at Ethan's question, he rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Unfortunately, with how our interuniversal travel works, we don't know where you lot came from. We asked you your point of origin in the hope that someone logged visiting your world in our archives, but in all likelihood you'll be stuck with us for a while, until we find where you're from."

Rozlynn listened, having hear this before, and decided to rub her eyes, changing the color of them from bright green to florescent orange.

Demonjazz

Sep 13, 2008
"... So I'm living in a world without Pokemon that I have to stay in for years... This sucks!"

Chungus

The memes, Jack!
Mar 25, 2012
Gideon glanced towards the metal ball that was Franky's vessel with a frown as Franky spoke, before looking back to Don. Stiffly dressed... Says the space muskrat in biker gear.

Listening to Don's explaination, and once Don finished, Gideon closed his eyes, and rubbed over the eyelids, looking to do so fairly roughly. "So, it's really so, then... I'm not just on some other planet, but a whole other universe. This... This is crazy." He said to himself, cocking his head upwards. Letting his arms hang by his side again, Gideon opened his eyes again and took a deep breath, before looking back to Don once more. "Alright... so. How long 'till you guys can send me back to where I came from? Can you give me an estimate there?" He noted the mention of the Rathalos, and realised that it was likely tied to the poor state the waiting room was in, but didn't comment on it, having other things on his mind. Similarly, he didn't comment on Rozlynn's eye colour changing, despite noticing it.

DotSlash

Knives on Full Auto!
Nov 20, 2011
[color=666666] ...These guys again? ...Regardless, an interdimensional trading post sounds interesting to say the least. [/color] Ness thought to herself as Don explained the situation. [color=666666] "So you're just going to send everyone back home in due time? No strings attached? What about those papers that we all came in with?" [/color] She asked, rising up to her feet and holding her copy up.

The woman noticed Rozlynn's eye color changing, but said nothing of it.

Zepherus14

Jan 24, 2012
'Not quite what I imagined, but fairly close all things considered.' He thought.

Franky thought over the situation over as much as he could given the information, but it was too early to make any conclusions. Hearing what the two other seemingly sensible people asked he thought it would be a good idea to get that settled to. "What those two said, how long?"

Franky looked at some of the other people as he waited, pausing as he realized that Rozlynn's eyes changed. 'Oh ho ho, well it's she fancy. Wonder if those are natural or not.' He chuckled to himself.

FPSfanatic

Sep 21, 2011
Don looked pained at the sudden complaints and questions. "As unfortunate as it is, the best ETA I can give on you lot getting home is around three or four months. And as for the papers you all recieved... we have no idea. Normally, when someone arrives they have a paper marked for when they'll be called up and have their paperwork finalized. As for no strings being attached..."

Rozlynn stepped forward for that. "Yeah, no strings attached. You guys didn't choose to show up, and we aren't going to hold you at fault for appearing. Now, if you break laws or do serious harm to either a persons business or being, thats a problem, but we won't require you to do anything." she said in a suddenly male voice. This voice, contrary to her previous feminine and upbeat voice, sounded like an old smoker's. Don seemed to want to disagree with Rozlynn, but kept his mouth shut.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Remilia looked at Rozlynn, and raised an eyebrow. [color=990000]"What just happened to your voice?"[/color]

Zepherus14

Jan 24, 2012
Hearing Rozlynn's new voice, Franky flinched as he stumbled for a moment, falling on his controls. A squeek was heard from the ball as it seemed to roll in a tame manner to the side of the lift, bumping into the wall of it rather gently, but still enough to make a sound.

Chungus

The memes, Jack!
Mar 25, 2012
"Four months?!" Gideon exclaimed. "Emperor... This keeps getting worse and worse..." Closing his eyes again, he began thinking on what to do during the time he would be stuck in the world he found himself on. He thought on these things for a few more moments, before looking to things in a more positive light. Okay... So. At least I won't be stuck here forever... And they said they'll be giving us a place to stay? So, I won't be homeless either... All in all, things aren't too bad, I guess. It could be worse, right?

His train of thoughts was interupted when Rozlynn spoke, noting the vastly different voice. With a incredulous expression on his face, he was about to ask what happened to Rozlynn's voice, but refrained from doing so when Remilia beat him to it.

DotSlash

Knives on Full Auto!
Nov 20, 2011
Ness raised an eyebrow. [color=666666] "Three to four months...? Do you know why there's such a large delay? ...Would it be due to all the paperwork having to be done in our cases...? Which are seemingly exception cases from what you've said." [/color] She asked next, putting a hand to her chin. She blinked as Franky's ball hit the side of the lift and tilted her head. [color=666666] "...Mr. Franky? Are you alright in there?" [/color]

Looking over to Rozlynn, her eyes widened a bit and she simply waited to hear the answer to Remilia's question.

Zepherus14

Jan 24, 2012
Franky steadied himself before sitting back down to his controls, rubbing his face slightly before responding to Vanessa. "Ya ya, I'm... alright. Just a little... eh... shocked is all. Ya! Just thinking of my fans missing me for such a long time is all..." He said a little uneasily. The ball rolled back to it's original spot after a short time.

'Yeah... that's it...' He groaned as facepalmed slightly.

FPSfanatic

Sep 21, 2011
Don moved to explain Roz's question as everyone else seemed fixated on Roz. "The problem is that we still have a lot of unexplored universes. Our current method of exploration is like the way the old explorers worked- we have no idea whats past the next hill. Exploration will find the universes eventually, so we hope. Until then, trying to get you home would be rather dangerous."

Rozlynn sighed, rubbing her/his head. "My sister, Rozlynn, and I share a body. Its weird, but our dads had the same problem. Its kind of a long story, but I haven't gotten a chance to say hello yet. Names Adam Jensen Logan. Jensen's the middle name."

Chungus

The memes, Jack!
Mar 25, 2012
"You're... in the same body as your sister..." Gideon repeated incredulously after Adam. "Damn..." And I thought siamese twins were freakish.

After shaking his head, Gideon momentarily looked down to Franky's vessel, before looking back up to Don. "Would it help if you knew what planet I'm from? What solar system? What galaxy?"

Demonjazz

Sep 13, 2008
"... That must be a very good trick if you ever need to hit a high note"

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Remilia stared at Adam, quite surprised. [color=990000]"That is... that's not what I expected,"[/color] the blue-haired girl eventually responded.

DotSlash

Knives on Full Auto!
Nov 20, 2011
[color=666666] ...Ah, so they're in the same straights as I am then... [/color] Ness said, sighing a bit and nodding toward Don. [color=666666] "Alright then... I'll keep that in mind... Does that mean we'd be allowed to join in the attempts to find our home dimension?" [/color]

Hearing Franky's reply, she tilted her head as she heard a slow clap in her head. [color=ff4599] I respect the attempt to save face, furball... It was close enough... [/color] Ignoring the mental noise, she simply nodded at Franky. [color=666666] "I can't say I know how having fans like that is... You'll get back to them in time, maybe even sooner." [/color] She said, trying to lift his spirits a bit.

She nodded toward Adam, her expression still confused before something hit her about his name, causing her to quickly silence herself, though she obviously looked more on edge than before.