We Are Our Avatars XI (Open)

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Shana put away her computer back in the satchel. Her ears perked around and her tail waved lazily in the air.

The human with the hat seems friendly, if a bit strange and quite loud. The colossus here, Tresh, is almost like a statue. I wonder if he still has a sense of touch through all that armor. The woman with the spear reminds me of hunter gatherers in my history books.

"Well, I've heard stories." She said to the guards. "I'm not certain whether they are true but... they were said to have taken place over 500 years ago on Earth and the details are scarce."

Vakra jal

Feb 12, 2016
Dalahar did a glance around him, maybe he was fated
To encounter these people. "One dimension I know of." He began. "The warp, realities broken mirror. It's touch isn't present here however and it's mostly used as a way to transport ships faster than light."

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
"Well, I don't know if your Earth suffered the same ones as this Earth, but those stories might be true." the guard told Shana.

A guard helped the tanned woman up off the floor, or at least would attempt to, and asked her if anything was wrong.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
The blindfolded woman accepted the help, and stood unsurely on her bare feet, leaning on the guard. She was about 165 cm tall.

She sniffed the air, much like the wolf-girl had done, then groaned and said: "... I think I had too much. Where am I?"

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
"You're in the Montreal Inderdimensional Portal Hub." the guard informed the blindfolded woman.

Edward's ID was returned to him. "Cut the attitude. The question was directed at the group." the guard stated, scowling.

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
"You can travel through worlds here?" the woman said, slowly finding her balance again. "Is this earth? ... and which year?"

Slenn

Nov 19, 2009
She sniffed as she saw the blindfolded woman come through. She smells of alcohol. She was interrupted by Edward McInvasive.

"Um, excuse me?" She said as she backpedaled defensively. "Do I know you?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Your apology is accepted. You are forgiven. But for the record, please ask before touching. Usually people who touch me without asking are either my friends or people who want to harass me."

Vakra jal

Feb 12, 2016
Dalahar glances around. This seemed a lot more like a meet and greet. He turned his attention to the guards, being s soldier.....formerly a soldier he felt he could identify quickest with them. "You run a tight operation here. Well practiced. You've been established for some time here I guess and this has happened before." His hand emerged from beneath his cloak and he gestured around.
"We are all from elsewhere are we? Other dimensions?". His huge gauntleted arm returned underneath his cloak. "What's next then soldier? I suppose you won't be letting us just wander off?"

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
"This is Earth, yes. Specifically Quebec in Canada. And interdimensional travel is possible here, though if you came through an anomaly it might be weeks or longer before we can establish a solid link to your homeworld." the guard informed the blindfolded woman. "And it's currently early 2025."

"It first happened in 2014. Over the past few years, there have been a number of anomalies like this. And we can't justifiably detain you. Illegally crossing dimensions would be ground for that, but anomalies are exceptions... So you are free to go, though we will keep watch on you. We can't have another Tokyo on our hands..." a guard said to Dalahar.

Vakra jal

Feb 12, 2016
"I don't see much use in remaining here."
He said "I can never go home either." He pushed that melancholy from his thoughts. "Where's the exit then? I would like to see beyond this small room."

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Montreal, Quebec, Canada. March 1st, 2025

"Canada, 2025 ..." the tribal woman thought loudly, then remembered that she was half-naked, and put one arm over her chest. "It's cold here, isn't it?
I was actually trying to travel, but I really think I had too much of this stuff. I don't feel a connection back right now ... I probably would be able to get back on my own, but it also would take some time.

Say, how many people are here? It does seem pretty crowded."

Slenn

Nov 19, 2009
She raised her left hand.
"It's quite alright. I imagine that you didn't know before hand." She placed it down. "As for the harassment, the history behind my people is long and I'd rather tell it at a later date. At this point, all you need to know is that there are other Fenrir who would rather kill humans than make peace with them like I do. For the record, a Fenrir is what I am." She cleared her throat. "In any case, this security officer is informing us of the situation."

She listened.
"So this is Earth and much further in the past." She said with a murmur. "I wonder what I'll see beyond this encapsulation. Or if it will be anything like my history textbooks depicted." I wonder how these people maintain laws across such vast distances. Surely whole universes must be hard to handle, let alone a whole planet.

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
"It's below freezing outside right now. So you might want warmer clothes than what you have right now." the guard responded. After a quick head-count he said, "And there's eight people here that I can see."

A second guard pointed at the wooden double doors. "There's the exit. Turn left to head towards check-in and then you'll be able to leave the port." he told Dalahar. He then turned towards Ed and replied, "That was the first known anomaly. A group of people came through, including some sea-dwelling beings who attempted to take over parts of Tokyo. They were stopped by the other interdimensionals, who located an uninhabited island for them to relocate to. When the details were released to the public, there was a lot of outrage about it, and groups like Earth First formed." After a short pause the guard said, "And if you meet any of those guys, please don't punch them or something. It's tempting but it just makes things worse."

Vakra jal

Feb 12, 2016
Dalahar was paying little heed to what was happening around him. He felt weird, not himself. Upon arriving something had been stirring within him. the anointed time? But there is no heresy here. No rebellion, no Horus, no emperor. This is terra in the past, at least an alternate one. What could possibly awaken you?
"My thanks" he said as the guard finished his address. He began walking over to the door, swaying slightly. Just as he reached the door he felt as if something was twisting within his body. Groaning he dropped to a knee with a loud thud. Laboured breathing coming from inside his helmet.

Slenn

Nov 19, 2009
"Precisely that." She said to Ed.

"I think I can manage the cold weather." Other interdimensionals? I wonder if that was connected to the stories in the year 3023.

"Thank you for the information." She said towards the guards.
She began walking towards the door as well, but went towards Thresh as he lowered himself. "What's wrong?" She said with a concerned look.

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
The woman shuddered. "Yeah. I would be quite thankful if you could provide me with some warm clothes. And then ... I guess I'll try to talk to these others.
Do you need something from me?"

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
"There are shops in the building. Since you probably can't pay, I'll get you something warm. And right now, I'll need your name." the guard replied.

"Earth First? Well, the basics are that they just don't like interdimensionals. They want to stop all interdimensional travel and migration. Hypocritically, though, they don't mind things like blastia technology or Rachmana translation software and all that stuff. Just the people." The guard told Ed. He sighed heavily and said, "They were reasonable during the early months, with all the stuff in Tokyo, and those crazy knights, but when the people from Avinah showed up things went downhill."

Vakra jal

Feb 12, 2016
Tresh steadies himself. Controls his breathing, he thinks of nothing but supressing the being within him. "Not now." He
Hissed as he stood up. He looked at the woman who had adressed him. His hood had fallen showing his full helmet. "I can care for myself." He said. "You're concern is noted." He was surprised, he hadn't expected someone to worry about him. It was strange. "Don't worry I am myself again." He said resuming a less laboured stance as the twisting subsides

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
"Thank you, that's so nice of you!" the blind woman exclaimed happily. "And my name is Anik. Just that, no last name, unless you count tribal titles."

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
"Tribal titles aren't necessary, no." the guard replied.

"Uh... basically, yes." the guard said to Ed, as another snorted with laughter. "And Avinah is another world that experienced an anomaly. They developed the interdimensional technology we use here, over a century or so, and made contact with us."