We Are Our Avatars XI (Open)

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
[color=660099]"Accidentally!?"[/color] Zevrisya scoffed. [color=660099]"He would've known what he was doing. That's like me saying I didn't know I drank away someone's good fortune after eating. But if he's in custody, that's good."[/color]

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Earlier

"They are with the mages." Blue told the Forefront agent. "Everything is ready and set."

[hr]

Later

"The mage would ask for the XPOL agent currently on the way to the secret base. Once the agent is with us, we can read her mind to get the location. We can then travel through some astral plane there, quickly, take Anik with us, then get back." Blue explained, like it was pretty normal to do.

[hr]

The smith worked well and good, finishing the tuning fork in just an hour. "Never done this, but it seems interesting enough." he stated, as he waited for the steel to cool down. "You can tune instruments with this? And ... worlds?"

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
"Yes. When you strike the prongs, it makes a tone you can use to tune an instrument. With a little application of magic, I can tune it to this plane, and then later use it in a ritual to bring up to eight people back here. I also have one for my home world, and for the world I just came from."

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
"Huh. That is quite interesting. Never heard of this before." the smith said, and handed over the tuning fork. "Now, I have other work to do. Hush!"

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
[color=660099]"Probably how he was putting his blood in the public."[/color] Zev muttered, frowning.

[hr]

Yauna took the metal device and went back to the throne room. She would ask one of the soldiers, or mages or other servants in the castle to direct her to a private room where she could perform her ritual, and go there. Through the door, chanting could be heard, and anyone who looked in would see Yauna staring intently at the tuning fork, causing arcane sigils and lines to worm their way over it.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
"I didn't say it would be unpleasant. I said it be a little intense." Nina corrected Candace. "Looks like you're already past it anyway."

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Ahriman remembered the name vampire from somewhere, and he cast his mind back to his studies. His eidetic memory allowed him to recall every scrap of ancient writings that he had ever read, and sure enough, there were references to such in ancient Terran lore. Supernatural predators, monsters that took the form of a man and drained the vitality of those around them. Commonly associated with bats, wolves and the night, they were said to be able to subsume the minds of the weak-minded, traumatised and mentally ill. Many of the later Terran accounts clearly devolved into fiction and sensationalism, but strangely, very similar accounts had been unearthed on several rediscovered planets of Mankind after the Emperor began his Great Crusade. He had even heard rumours of such creatures being encountered during the Crusade itself, though these were rare. In both cases, the accounts were too similar to write off as coincidence, and in the stark light of Imperial Truth, it seemed hard to attribute the latest 'encounters' to a common human folklore. Ahriman resolved to pursue the topic at a later date.

"Humanity is subservient to these dragons? Willingly?" Ahriman enquired. Inside, he cursed. It was not the first time that he had known of a human population under the heel of alien overlords. "How long as this been the case? Has there been conflict with the creatures?"

With Lambda's appearance, and the turn of the conversation to daemons, Ahriman listened intently. The being that they spoke of did not sound like a Warp entity but another xenos. He wondered if there was a connection, or if it was simply a misnomer.

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
[color=660099]"If he's locked up, I can't complain. I just needed to find out if he was here."[/color] Zevrisya told Lambda. She then turned back to Ahriman, and said, [color=660099]"A few centuries, ever since humans entered dragon lands. There have been some conflicts but they ended pretty fast."[/color]

Vakra jal

Feb 12, 2016
Faa had remained silent, he was very scared around Ahriman. He swore he could hear two heart beats. Not only that he had a very unsettling aura that seemed to radiate from him and he had eyes like no other Hrem, despite he fact Faa himself had met very few of them spending all of his life on Scarhis in the capital. Hrem couldn't stare well and didn't like being stared at usually, especially by a Scath who always looked eachother in the eyes when speaking.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
"I see... my condolences." Ahriman replied. Unsure how to reply, he considered telling Zevrisya of the Great Crusade, and how the armies of the Emperor were engaged in reclaiming all such planets from the xenos and bringing their human population back under the rule of Terra, but decided to remain silent on the matter. If Faa could come from a parallel universe that Ahriman was not even aware existed, and Ahriman himself had been displaced back to the earliest years of the Golden Age of Technology, then the odds that Zevrisya's world as she knew it existed in the same existence, in the same galaxy, and in the immediate path of the Great Crusade were vanishingly small. For that matter, given the recent terrible events that Ahriman had been party to, the fate of the Crusade was far from certain.

Vakra jal

Feb 12, 2016
"admittedly I have to say that Scathis is better off with its alliance with humans. They brought electricity and such. In return we gave them a workforce. Fair trade I'd say. Pales are only good for working" Faa chimed in. Nobody wqs subjugating anyone where he was from......at least not yet.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
"That... sounds like a fair bargain." Ahriman agreed. For the sake of building a rapport with these two that they might ease his accumulation of useful knowledge in the world, he thought it best not to inform Faa that under Imperial rule, both Faa and Zevrisya would be anything but better off living in a human society. "What are pales? A subspecies of Scath?"

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
[color=660099]"Pfft, it's their own fault for marching into dragon-controlled territory and acting like they owned the place. Anyway, it's hardly a bad deal."[/color] Zevrisya scoffed a little at Ahriman's response.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
"That is one way to look at it. You might also argue that it was their fault for losing." Ahriman replied somewhat disdainfully at the notion that anyone could speak so favourably of their own subjugation by another species. "Perhaps they did not belong there. I do not know your planet and its history. But mankind as a whole also does not belong under the lash of a xenos master. To simply acquiesce to it... I find that unthinkable. The Legiones Astartes were created for the very purpose of freeing mankind from such a fate."

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Dala, having looked on how Candace drank the potion, suddenly gasped. [color=e50000]"Oh shit. Why didn't I think of this?
... come with me, Candace. I ... don't think the potion was as good as it feels right now."[/color]

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
[color=660099]"It's not like the dragons go around eating people at random. In fact, if something is eating people at random, a prosecutioner like myself will get sent to deal with it."[/color] Zevrisya replied.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
"As in, sent to deal with one of these dragons?" Ahriman asked, intrigued by the notion. "Do you mean that the creatures grant humans authority, even over some of their own kind?"