We Did It Escapists! :D

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
TopazFusion said:
Topaz, this one is brilliant idea

GenuflectHonesty said:
I think that "Survived the Zoe Quinn thread" could make a neat badge considering the bans that go on in there.
Basically month after that goliath dies anyone who posted on it and didn't received warning or ban should receive this badge
Possible names and pictures:
"Survivor of Quinnpocalypse" ("Five Guys: Burgers and Fires" building on the background of nuclear explosion)
"Oh, Humanity" (Picture of Picard facepalming himself)
"I is smashing Patriarchy" (Picture of girl with glasses and short blue hair giving someone a blowjob)
Honestly I don't expect last one :D

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Crazy Zaul said:
Slowly turn the Zoe thread into a spiderman thread.

'You know what I think about Zoe Quinn, the ways shes like spiderman.'
No, turn it into Batman thread
1.Link Zoe to Harley
2.Link Harley to Joker
3.Link Joker to Batman
4.???
5.Profit!

Captcha: barking mad
No, I'm closer to BATshit crazy, but thanks for asking.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
As of this moment, the Zoe thread is approaching the 150 page mark, let us pray this war ends soon, and our internet soldiers return home safely.

God bless.

Joseph Alexander

Jul 22, 2011
StormShaun said:
Is ... is it bad I haven't got a clue what THE thread is about?
Or am I free from a viewing of horror and 'controversy', if we may call it that?

Welp, all I know is that chaos roams in that thread, and I want to stay far away as possible.
That and it seems to be slowly transforming into a level of Hell.
more or less:
zoe quinn cheated with 5 guys some of which are relatively high ranking in gaming media.
boyfriend found out and exposed it.
gaming media outlets didn't even run a footnote of a story and started CENSORING any discussion of it at all.

then internet groups started digging and now its become a Gordian knot of deception, manipulation, out-right breaches in integrity, nepotism, and more and more dog-shit from members of the media.

oh and she pulled a wounded-gazelle gambit and now has an army if white-knighting SJW attacking anyone who even questions whats going on.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Joseph Alexander said:
StormShaun said:
Is ... is it bad I haven't got a clue what THE thread is about?
Or am I free from a viewing of horror and 'controversy', if we may call it that?

Welp, all I know is that chaos roams in that thread, and I want to stay far away as possible.
That and it seems to be slowly transforming into a level of Hell.
more or less:
zoe quinn cheated with 5 guys some of which are relatively high ranking in gaming media.
gaming media outlets didn't even run a footnote of a story and started CENSORING any discussion of it at all.

then internet groups started digging and now its become a Gordian knot of deception, manipulation, out-right breaches in integrity, nepotism, and more and more dog-shit from members of the media.

oh and she pulled a wounded-gazelle gambit and now has an army if white-knighting SJW attacking anyone who even questions whats going on.
[slow clap]

You managed to describe that fuckfest quite accurately
Have a

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Joseph Alexander said:
more or less:

Thank you for that summary, especially if it did violate your mind from doing so. Like the above post said, it seems you summed up chaos.

... I took a little peek into that thread, and I already think we need a "Abandon hope all ye who enter here" sign on it.
I'll stick to my position, and stay away.
I would hate to have all these false "justice warrior" knives sticking out of my back.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
DOOM GUY said:
I think it's just being used as more fire against the so called "SJWs" though honestly, I don't have too much of a problem with that.
Yeah, I fail to see a problem with over-inflating an issue to the point of farce simply to have another reason to whine about yet another bogeyman in gaming.

On a completely unrelated note, I wonder how long until the gaming community launches another wave of complaints that people don't take gaming seriously or that we're viewed as socially inept, basement-dwelling man-children. I don't know why this just completely randomly popped to mind, or why I chose to voice the notion here....

DOOM GUY

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Jul 3, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
On a completely unrelated note, I wonder how long until the gaming community launches another wave of complaints that people don't take gaming seriously or that we're viewed as socially inept, basement-dwelling man-children. I don't know why this just completely randomly popped to mind, or why I chose to voice the notion here....

If it goes back to that again, so be it, it never really bothered me.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
And now the biggest question of all, who the heck is Zoe Quinn? 100 pages and I haven't even heard of the person before today.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Xan Krieger said:
And now the biggest question of all, who the heck is Zoe Quinn? 100 pages and I haven't even heard of the person before today.
Insignificant female video game developer who made 1 "game" (Depression Quest). Ex-Boyfriend posted blog post saying (and proving, because if I say anything else I will be hounded) that she slept with five different men. 2 of these men were games journalists. After first 15 pages of general unpleasantness, topic eventually turned into how indie developers and games journalists are involve in a cabal of favors and promises. Then it turned into how Phil Fish, Moviebob, and one other guy are evil because they are on Zoe's "side", then it turned to how Totalbuscuit and JonTron are heroes because they asked questions, then it turned into how they were going to make their own game studio to truly appease feminsits. And I think that is where the thread is right now.

Now, the main question is why don't they make a new topic since they clearly have gone away from Zoe Quinn? Well, I guess 4chan and reddit aren't the most organized of people so it has stayed in one thread. Really, just imagine if every Anita thread had to be in one thread. That is why that thread is so long.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
TopazFusion said:
BloatedGuppy said:
What's this about Zoe Quinn?

Did something happen?
Surprised you missed the 100+ page thread about it.

I usually don't like people saying "impossible to miss" when giving directions, but the Zoe Quinn thread really is impossible to miss.
I've been avoiding it.

I don't care enough about her or her game to get bent out of shape about what ever she supposedly did.

Besides, getting involved with that thread would cut back on my Marvel Heroes time and punching Hydra thugs in the dick is a much better use of time then arguing online imo.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
xaszatm said:
Xan Krieger said:
Insignificant female video game developer who made 1 "game" (Depression Quest). Ex-Boyfriend posted blog post saying (and proving, because if I say anything else I will be hounded) that she slept with five different men. 2 of these men were games journalists. After first 15 pages of general unpleasantness, topic eventually turned into how indie developers and games journalists are involve in a cabal of favors and promises. Then it turned into how Phil Fish, Moviebob, and one other guy are evil because they are on Zoe's "side", then it turned to how Totalbuscuit and JonTron are heroes because they asked questions, then it turned into how they were going to make their own game studio to truly appease feminsits. And I think that is where the thread is right now.

Now, the main question is why don't they make a new topic since they clearly have gone away from Zoe Quinn? Well, I guess 4chan and reddit aren't the most organized of people so it has stayed in one thread. Really, just imagine if every Anita thread had to be in one thread. That is why that thread is so long.
Thank you, you just saved me over 100 pages of reading. Kinda funny in a way how now it's the indie developers instead of the AAA that are causing all the drama.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
TopazFusion said:
If we combined every Sarkeesian thread there has ever been on this site, would it be as big as the Q-thread? I'm genuinely interested.
Question: Would that also include any thread that was derailed by the mere mention of said person's name?

Back on topic, I just clicked the drama button a bunch of times. Seemed appropriate enough. http://www.dramabutton.com/
Everyone push the drama button repeatedly! That would be something stupid to do while being somewhat appropriate to the situation as well!

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I've been avoiding that thread like it has the plague. By all accounts that is wise.

I have no idea who Zoe whateverhernameis is and don't really care. Though, I'm surprised a mod didn't move that into R&P. Pretty sure they can do that.

Man, wouldn't it be hilarious if this thread hits tons of pages, too?

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Xan Krieger said:
Thank you, you just saved me over 100 pages of reading. Kinda funny in a way how now it's the indie developers instead of the AAA that are causing all the drama.
Kinda expected, sadly...but I also find it weird at the same time.

Any human organization inevitably internalizes behavior and relationships. A friend better versed in sociology than me described it as "Social turfing"; where Relationships that seem completely benign internally may produce unintended consequences elsewhere (and eventually, lead to behaviors that produce intentional consequences; reinforcement is a helluva drug).

In this case, the extra coziness between indie devs and the gaming press.

Ironically, AAA is an indirect contributor to this: See, indie devs aren't used to competing against each other directly (or openly) because they're usually relying on networking (and more importantly, a niche-friendly press) to scratch and claw for any shred of attention left over after AAA gets theirs in.

It's been that way for years, and over time, the indie-press relationship seems to have developed into a bizarre Hollywood-esque mentality.

"Don't knock another indie dev if you want support. And definitely keep your mouth shut if anyone you support fucks up and it goes public."

Granted, Gaming Journalism has always been in this uncomfortable spot from the start with AAA, thanks to their reliance on AAA's ad-revenue and information to stay afloat. But adding in indie devs as a new underdog with which they can rely upon for exposure (especially in an era of AAA crumbling) has taken it from "uncomfortable" and pushed it into "weird".

Qage

Sep 11, 2013
TopazFusion said:
Snippity-NINETY-SEVEN-AND-A-HALF THOUSAND REPLIES-snip.
Jesus. O.O

Is there a badge for getting 100,000 replies to a thread that you've started?

Because I feel like there should be.

OT: I've been away for a few days and managed to avoid the entire controversy and so when I went onto the Escapist yesterday and saw a thread with just over 5000 replies, my curiosity made me click on it. I still have no idea what is going on.

So I feel like the thread should end, be locked, and then we all get a badge that just has the number of replies for the picture and says "Q-thread; 2014" when moused over.

Sweet, delicious badges.

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
blackrave said:
Crazy Zaul said:

1.Link Zoe to Harley
2.Link Harley to Joker
3.Link Joker to Batman
4.???
5.Profit!

We might want to be careful with these suggestions since there's also a controversy about Spiderwoman and Catwoman running at the moment... On second thought, that may be the only thing that can actually derail that thread at this point.

OT: I'm going to celebrate by playing Saints Row 4, the biggest, dumbest (funnest) game I own! For the rest of you, there's always Hold the Button.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
blackrave said:
Crazy Zaul said:

1.Link Zoe to Harley
2.Link Harley to Joker
3.Link Joker to Batman
4.???
5.Profit!

Actually, two of us on this website already joked about that the other day.

We determined that the Joker has been behind the feminist conspiracy (which is meant to be a joke as well, if the context is unclear) plaguing gaming this entire time, and we were only fooled into not realizing Zoe was Harley Quinn because she changed her first name, dyed her hair, and put on glasses, when all along the "Quinn" should have given it away.

Then we also determined that the moderators of this website are Batman, and the gaming community is Bane, and there's currently a massive turf war going on between Bane and Harley Quinn and Batman is too busy trying to clean it up to get to the bottom of the conspiracy and uncover who the Joker really is in all of this.