We Did It Escapists! :D

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
TopazFusion said:
VanQ said:
What's the record for most posts in a single thread on this site?
That would be the glorious 'Stupid Question, Stupid Answer' thread, at 2789 pages.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.113313-Stupid-Question-Stupid-Answer?page=2789

(The link probably won't work, so you'll have to re-refresh it every couple of minutes or so, until it does)

It has over NINETY-SEVEN-AND-A-HALF THOUSAND REPLIES.

So the Q-thread has a looooooong way to go.
Dern, I completely forget that Forum Games and Role Playing exist on this site because I never go there. Threads past the 1000 comment mark are a dime a dozen there, but in Off-Topic and Gaming they're seen maybe once a year.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Shame that it had to be for such a stupid topic.

But yay, go us, and our inability to save such drama for something that really matters.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
At the same time I don't want to talk about it because of how incredibly dumb everything and everyone involved is. On the other hand it poses some serious questions about the integrity of games "journalism" which we already though was shit, especially seeing as certain staffers of this site were involved. It's even more sad when I think back to when I first heard about the whole shit storm, and I was like "man people need to stop being such jerks" i.e taking all the kotaku,polygon,escapist etc articles at face value.

Now I can't even begin to express my disdain for this situation, the shady practices in the games industry, and the general problems that nepotism (sexual or otherwise) and SJW whining has created. The real kicker for me is that DQ isn't even any good, or even really a game for that matter, and now it has all this undeserved attention because of this shit-stirring.

I just want to curl up in a ball, play tearaway or viva piñata or something, and pretend none of it ever happened.

Wait what was the topic of this thread again? Screw it I'm going to go make my own games industy...with blackjack, and hookers, you know what forget the industry.

EDIT: I wrote that comment while sleep deprived. My opinion is more or less the same I just give a lot less of a shit now.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
Actually... [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.178418]

And yeah, that thread breaks the forum even harder :D 3141 pages and 119,474 replies if you can't reach it.

Forum Games. Just when you think you've got it all figured out, another leviathan sneaks up on you...