We need another Cold War

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I don't want to do this fren, but I can waste 30 minutes of my life to go through archives and burst your bubble if I wanted to. Most of your politicians are compromised, all of your universities are compromised, China is buying estates and companies inside Australia (not mere investments). The political squabbles stem from people like you in power who don't realize it's already lost, and that they're a future colony of China unless something drastic happens. Otherwise it's bought politicians trying to show some push-back as a form of controlled opposition.
China is estimated to have pumped AUS$150 billion or so into Australia. Australia as a whole is worth about AUS$11 trillion, which means China (or more strictly, Chinese individuals and companies) owns at most about 2% of it. That's vastly less than the proportion of Australia owned by Americans. In fact, 15 of the 20 largest Australian companies are majority owned by American investors.

Just because if we want to talk about foreign nations owning Australia, we should make sure we're looking in the right direction.

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
How do you know what Trump was referring to? He didn't have the ability to exonerate himself on the escapist like you did. Admit it, you called China a shithole country!
/jk/ You ought to be deliberate with your language, and avoid hypocrisy.
Because the context was that he was talking about immigrants being blocked from those countries. He also had the opportunity to explain himself quite clearly. He wanted to block immigration. I do not want to block immigration, whether it be from china or anywhere else.

Also, im not sure why you're asking me to admit it. I never denied calling china a shit hole. I did call china a shithole country. Because china is a shithole country. I'm not ashamed of that. I would say the same thing about germany during WW2. They should stop sending people to concentration camps, and forcing women to have abortions. It's barberic. But that's not reflective of the civilians who are forced to live there.

Reactions: Iron

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I checked, China controls 2.3% of Australia's land. It comes in second. The UK owns more, owning 2.6%

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
Everybody panics over China buying land here, one thing I don't get, can't the government just sequester Chinese property inside our borders if China ever became our enemy in war or something?

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Everybody panics over China buying land here, one thing I don't get, can't the government just sequester Chinese property inside our borders if China ever became our enemy in war or something?
Yes, they can. The goal of the Chinese is to make war such a painful endeavor the Australians will refuse to engage.
How much do you think the Chinese have bought?
at this point it's about key industries and soft power. You don't need to own 51% of the land in Australia to control it, I think China has less than 5% (considering half of Australia is a desert, could be less).

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I checked, China controls 2.3% of Australia's land. It comes in second. The UK owns more, owning 2.6%
'ave it!

At least the UK's still top in something that isn't excess deaths during covid-19.