Weapons You Would Like To See More Of In Games

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
snipers

and make some games that mimic the sniper mission in cod 4 but make it so you need to get to the target and find a good place and everything that would be the best game ever

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
Also, I'd like to see shotguns and underbarrel launchers with actual ammo types. You can fire buckshot out of a real M203 [making it a 1.2-gauge shotgun], and that would be awesome in a game.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
Evil Tim said:
Also, I'd like to see shotguns and underbarrel launchers with actual ammo types. You can fire buckshot out of a real M203 [making it a 1.2-gauge shotgun], and that would be awesome in a game.
you can has that in b-company 2.
and its coming march 2nd!

Son of Makuta

Nov 4, 2008
Orbital laser target designators (Ion Painter, Hammer of Dawn, etc). Rapid-fire grenade launchers. A gun that makes stuff implode. Incremental-zoom sniper rifles like Halo's and Far Cry's (the latter's being better because you can use the scroll wheel to zoom it). Solid, accurate assault rifles available from early on (like Quake 4's). Arm-mounted harpoons that can reel in enemies and be followed-up by melee attacks. Drill weapons. A gun (or spell, or something) that makes multiple spikes shoot up from the ground and impale the target. Ricocheting disc guns with decapitation abilities, like UT's Ripper, only good.

Also, seconding the rapid-fire shotguns. The Jackhammer (featured in Far Cry) is awe-inspiring stuff, even if it does sound a bit weak.

Teddy Roosevelt

Nov 11, 2009
CORRODED SIN said:
i agree. nice to mix it up with different weapons. for me its the TDI Kriss Super-V, known in the game as the Vector. its an amazing weapon and im looking forward to seeing more of it in other games.
Actually, it's called the Vector in real life. The "Kriss Super V" is the name of the gun's patented action, not the name of the weapon itself.[/quote]

Actually, it is the Super V. The action is called blowback. The V, of course, stands for Vector, but it is the TDI Kriss Super V.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Games need more crossbows.And allot more Bananabombs.Because when you have a Bananabomb,no one is going to fuck with you.

Gyrefalcon

Jun 9, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
Automatic shotguns. Any class or make. All games need more.
You will love the one in Left4Dead 2. It's a great weapon in that game!

But for me, oddly enough, I really do like things that shoot lightning. It's odd and not very realistic...which is probably why I find them enjoyable in a game. ;)

probunk

Nov 12, 2009
I'd really enjoy a guerilla warfare-type game first and foremost, so I'd actually like some civilian style weapons, ie bolt- and lever-action rifles(I lurve lever actions) and shotguns, as well as improvised weapons like zip and pen guns. Specifically their construction and scrounging for ingredients.

I really think a true 'undergound resistance' game, like what Red Dawn was for movies, could be a genuinely fun experience. I've had the strange and deviant thought of an ARMA-like guerilla game.

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
Teddy Roosevelt said:
Actually, it is the Super V. The action is called blowback. The V, of course, stands for Vector, but it is the TDI Kriss Super V.
The "Super V" is the V-shaped off-axis blowback mechanism that reduces the weapon's recoil; the V doesn't actually stand for anything, it's just a description of the shape of the mechanism. Depending on what company press release you read the name seems to change with astonishing regularity, but TDI named it as "TDI KRISS Super V Vector SMG Demonstration Prototype;" since the "Kriss Super V" part is the name of the action, people surmised that the actual weapon was called the "TDI Vector SMG."

gigamouse

Nov 11, 2009
ladies and gentlemen... i give you the bowling ball and breast machine guns from redneck rampage!!!

Teddy Roosevelt

Nov 11, 2009
Evil Tim said:
Teddy Roosevelt said:
The "Super V" is the V-shaped off-axis blowback mechanism that reduces the weapon's recoil; the V doesn't actually stand for anything, it's just a description of the shape of the mechanism. Depending on what company press release you read the name seems to change with astonishing regularity, but TDI named it as "TDI KRISS Super V Vector SMG Demonstration Prototype;" since the "Kriss Super V" part is the name of the action, people surmised that the actual weapon was called the "TDI Vector SMG."
False. Proof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kriss_Super_V
Any questions? Good, moving on.

Vicrry

Aug 7, 2008
Mark 19 machine guns, and the MK 47 replacement currently in development. That's some serious fun there..

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
Teddy Roosevelt said:
False. Proof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kriss_Super_V
Any questions? Good, moving on.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Kriss_Super_V&action=history

It was moved from "TDI Vector" yesterday. But hell, let's look at TDI's own site.

http://www.kriss-tdi.com/products/kriss-smg-45-acp/overviewcrbso.html

Seems the company call it the Vector SMG and the action the "Kriss Super V System," how about that?

Jan 29, 2009
Need more cluster munitions.

This but handheld.
lizards said:
snipers

and make some games that mimic the sniper mission in cod 4 but make it so you need to get to the target and find a good place and everything that would be the best game ever
Yes.
Singleplayer sniping: Hell of a lot of fun.
Multiplayer sniping: So ffing annoying.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
hittite said:
Mookie_Magnus said:
Souplex said:
I want to see more polearms in fantasy universes. Polearms were the most common (And most effective) weapons until guns were popularized, it is only reasonable to want to use them. Seriously, why didn't Dragon age or Oblivion have any spears?
Exactly. Why is there never a spear-wielding class, or even spear weaponry available? Spears, halberds, and other pole-arms were the rifles of those days, with your sword being the side-arm, like that little pistol you use in shooters when the ammo runs out in your assault rifle.

The reason no one uses them for games is because they're only really useful when there are 499 other guys with pole-arms next to you. I mean, seriously, have you ever tried to swing one of those things?
Actually they were effective on their own, they were just nigh-unstoppable in a unit. The only reasonable way to take down your standard Phalanx was a Balista or a catapult. They had tower shields to protect them from arrows, and their reach negated any melee threat.

IWCAS

Jul 28, 2009
YES THE HOLY HAND GRENADE! lolololz. I love monty python.
1. Any Kimber pistol
2. UMP .45
3. MP5k (with the fucking stock)
5. Benelli Shotguns (they are great but they are hunting weapons which is probably why, but if something is accurate and powerful, does the job, and does it efficiently why not use it?)