Weapons You Would Like To See More Of In Games

Jun 8, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
Automatic shotguns. Any class or make. All games need more.
Modern Warfare 2 has it. AA-12 Shotgun or w/e.

OT: I was always fond of the Gravity Gun, for goofing around moreso than killing. I couldn't usually kill things with it anyway. I personally am fond of any form of missile that has a lock on because it usually leads to causing a nice explosion by shooting an enemy vehicle.

Arkham

Esoteric Cultist
Jan 22, 2009
I'd like to see more of our daily activities turned against us. The only example (taken from a game) that stands out in my mind is the Tranquility Lane quest in Fallout 3 where you fiddle with a woman's oven before asking her to make a pie, then it blows up in her face. This could be useful in stealth games or missions. Suppose you're in an enemy cafeteria you could poison several pots of food with cyanide.

Though if I had to pick an actual weapon I would choose throwing knives.

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
I think RTS games need more less then nuke wmd type weapons. To date its been nuke or nothing.
In FPS I would like to see more Rail Guns. Sure then would one shot anything. But thats the fun of a one time use gun.
RPGs need more mind fuckery weapons like a gun that turns someone into a turtle and then makes them explode.

Kruxxor

Jan 18, 2009
dbrose said:
The title is self-explanatory--if there's one weapon, whether real or imaginary, that you would like to see more of in video games, list it here.

For me, I wish more games would include the Fabrique Nationale F2000, and I was really grateful to Infinity Ward for including it in Modern Warfare 2--hell, I found myself going out of my way just to find them!
2 Handed Axes.

Spekter068

Sep 4, 2009
ZwizzeR said:
Lissa-QUON said:
katar - also known as a punching dagger

I really love this weapon and the technique for it, I'm rather sad it never sees more usage in games or media. There are more blades out there than swords and daggers, try spicing things up a little.
i second this, the last game i can remember using katars is Diablo 2...
unless you count the Beam "Sword" from Halo 3 as a katar, and why not seeing as it IS a katar and not a sword.
The concealed blade in Assassin's Creed is a katar (sort of).

Someone else mentioned a shotgun that shoots sharp objects. Such a thing has already been done IRL- it's called a flechette shotgun.

Frying pans, golf clubs, baseball bats, and other domestic and improvised cudgels are always entertaining, especially when they have wacky impact sound effects.

Packs of dogs, like in CoD: WaW multiplayer. I love calling in Sparky, Spot, and co and watching them go to work.

How about a naginata? It's a Japanese weapon that has a blade mounted on a pole 6 to 8 feet long. In Japan, it's considered a woman's weapon, but who cares? It would be a combination of quarterstaff and sword-fighting techniques, which is BEASTLY.

Oh, yeah: the pipe bombs in Left 4 Dead are endlessly amusing. Every zombie game should have a piece of equipment that's basically a squeaky chew toy for the undead.

Spekter068

Sep 4, 2009
Sgtkillalot0 said:
Underpowered sniper rifles so nobody would use them :D
CHRIST ALMIGHTY YES.

Lightsabers. Yes, they have been used A LOT, but I have yet to see a game in which the dueling system isn't a pile of malarkey. The Jedi Knight series wasn't great, but it was a hell of a lot better than The Force Unleashed. I think it would be better if LucasArts stopped trying to put the dueling styles of the prequel trilogy into their games and just went back to having the lightsabers being really heavy. Then, they would focus on making a GOOD dueling engine instead of a flashy one. Once they have that figured out, then they could speed it up.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
I would love to see more games that dont take themselves seriously and reflect that in the guns.

Like the posters for the 'Force a' Nature!' in TF2 or other concepts.
Or things like in Ratchet and Clank or Armed and Dangerous.

Sure, itd be nice to see more 'new' guns in the realistic shooters. Other than that, though, I would like to see more interesting and creative ideas in new shooters. Like any weapon in Ratchet&C or the freakin' Landshark Gun in Armed and Dangerous.

I want to laugh at my weapons again.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
Spekter068 said:
Oh, yeah: the pipe bombs in Left 4 Dead are endlessly amusing. Every zombie game should have a piece of equipment that's basically a squeaky chew toy for the undead.
I'll do you one better, the monkeys from Nazi zombies. Just like the pipe bomb, but HILARIOUS!