Weird girl troubles

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
I had originally posted this in another thread of a similar question but I guess it warrants its own thread for now. Copy pasted the text I posted too, let me know if I am too vague somewhere.

Right now the state is that of her ignoring me, after telling me to fuck off a few times when I tried to be nice and reasonable to her. So we stopped talking, and haven't talked in about a month now. As far as moving on, I would say I'm good in that department. There is one thing that gets at me though...and that's just closure, I guess. Thing is, we were reeeeeeeally good friends, and we met each other when she started working at the grocery store I had been working at for two years. Eventually we became good friends, and by coincidence I ended up mentoring her in everything I had learned, so we really developed a bond that went past a simple friendship. And for two years after just that, we were good friends, with only a few on-off moments of 'discontent' with each other.

I guess the important catch here is that we never actually went out. At the time I met her she was in a long-standing relationship, but I think it's safe to label that as shaky, at best. And after we really started to hit it off as friends, we both made it pretty clear that we were attracted to each other...mind you, I was very careful not to come off as trying to steal her from her boyfriend or anything. I wouldn't do anything to anyone that I wouldn't want done upon myself. But eventually her relationship did come to an end, and it seemed very likely we might, at the very least, date somewhat soon afterward. And in fact, we almost did. I told her I was visiting my family for the weekend, on a trip down from the University I am at, and her birthday was a few days after that weekend. So I asked to take her out as a birthday gift, from me to her. Well, she cancelled it virtually last minute, and I kinda found myself stuck at home thinking I had a night to spend with her but instead with nothing to do. But that was easy to cope with, just a slightly more boring weekend than I had planned on. When her actual birthday came around though, and I wished her a happy birthday, I got quite the cold shoulder, about a step away from telling me to fuck off. Which she did...three days later. So little after a week where we were going on a date we were both excited for and she does this shit, and I eventually find out she is dating (and now in a relationship with) a guy from our old workplace who is literally 10 years older than her.

Now from my standpoint, I cannot see how she would justify building up our relationship to that point only to crash and burn it so quickly and suddenly. I stopped trying to speculate on her reasons for this but I can't help but think now if she maybe regrets being harsh about it...which I think is putting it mildly at best, but that's just my standpoint, however bias it sounds. At the very least, even if she truly hates my guts now, I can't see us going on with the rest of our lives without saying another word to each other, we were such good friends and to let all that go with a simple "Fuck off" just doesn't seem like how it will really end someday. I guess I can't decide whether to look forward to even the most bitter closure on it possible, or put it all behind and never think of it again. Honestly, I can do either. I feel fine, just a bit confused I guess.

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
Put it all behind, and never think of it again. Even though it may not seem like it;
TIME HEALS ALL RELATIONSHIP WOUNDS​

Fixed it because y'all are right about the depressed people and stuff. But relationships won't kill you(unless they're abusive) so just give it time and don't think about her.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
Well, taking your side of the story, with all of this being so sudden to me it just screams missunderstanding somewhere in there. I can't see two good friends suddenly breaking up.

If she feels bad about it, you could try to make up with her, or come to some sort of understanding. Something just seems off to me here and so my advice is going to real sketchy. Hell, if you can talk to her fine just ask her why she hates you. Maybe that's too blunt.

Then again, putting it behid you now will just make this thing a whole lot easier. You just don't talk to her, she does the same to you and it's all peachy, and seeing as you are fine now it won't feel worse over time.

That is weird and I'm afraid I've got nothing to help with that. It would be a lot easier with her side of the story but with only yours it's quite hard. I wish you good luck though and hope you make up with her.

Mar 9, 2010
Not worth the thought, mate.

If the girl can just shrug you off like that then there's something else going on. She clearly doesn't want to tell you so maybe just back off and let things roll their way back into the norm.

You won't get anything from putting any pressure on this so I'd say just ignore the whole situation and find yourself a new girl... if you're up for it, that is.

The_Healer

Jun 17, 2009
My answer depends on how old you are. So I'll set it out that way.

Girls are moody. They do stupid shit that they regret later but can never admit they regret.
And at this age, guys are overly optimistic about girls. They are not as perfect as you'd like to think. And no, she wasn't looking at you in *that* way, she just noticed the tomato sauce you'd spilled on your pants.

Well that girl is either extremely insecure (and has been told by this older guy how to treat you) or she has just had an immense emotional backflip. Either way, she's not good stable relationship material. Find another girl.

She needs to grow up. Seriously, that's a pathetic way to act.
Oh well, she'll end up in a trailer park somewhere with the guy of last resort...

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Well I will clarify a few things hear:

Best of the 3 said:
Well, taking your side of the story, with all of this being so sudden to me it just screams missunderstanding somewhere in there. I can't see two good friends suddenly breaking up.

If she feels bad about it, you could try to make up with her, or come to some sort of understanding. Something just seems off to me here and so my advice is going to real sketchy. Hell, if you can talk to her fine just ask her why she hates you. Maybe that's too blunt.

Then again, putting it behid you now will just make this thing a whole lot easier. You just don't talk to her, she does the same to you and it's all peachy, and seeing as you are fine now it won't feel worse over time.

That is weird and I'm afraid I've got nothing to help with that. It would be a lot easier with her side of the story but with only yours it's quite hard. I wish you good luck though and hope you make up with her.
Thing is, I did eventually try asking what the hell was up with the sudden change in attitude towards me, it's not like I was even getting too upset about it. The way she talked, it seemed like she felt it necessary to get me to "back off" after not going on our date, when I made it pretty clear that I was fine with that and was just a bit flustered over the sudden change in heart. After all, we were still great friends, or so I thought.

I of course can't tell you much about her side of the story, but my guess is she just is getting carried away. She works a job now where she doesn't get to choose any of her hours and still has school on top of that, as well as divorced parents she splits her time with. So I understand her being pressured. Then again, it's not like I haven;t been around to try and help with things when I can. That aside though, from her conduct I have seen in person, a little on facebook, and even heard from a few of my friends who spend time with her at school and work, she really just seems to have gotten carried away with being single. That doesn't bother me as much as the fact that she is going out with some guy literally 10 years older than her, especially considering a conversation we once had about one of her best friends doing the same damn thing and how much she hated the idea of it.

The_Healer said:
My answer depends on how old you are. So I'll set it out that way.

Girls are moody. They do stupid shit that they regret later but can never admit they regret.
And at this age, guys are overly optimistic about girls. They are not as perfect as you'd like to think. And no, she wasn't looking at you in *that* way, she just noticed the tomato sauce you'd spilled on your pants.

Well that girl is either extremely insecure (and has been told by this older guy how to treat you) or she has just had an immense emotional backflip. Either way, she's not good stable relationship material. Find another girl.

She needs to grow up. Seriously, that's a pathetic way to act.
Oh well, she'll end up in a trailer park somewhere with the guy of last resort...
I am 19 now, and she is only a few months younger than me (and 19 as well).

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
It looks as though something is wrong on her end. Maybe the boyfriend she dumped is dating someone else and is jealous about it.

My suggestion is wait, and talk to someone who knows her (a family member, for example) and say you're concerned about how she is behaving. If you get a full story act accordingly, if not then it sounds important.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
TheYellowCellPhone said:
It looks as though something is wrong on her end. Maybe the boyfriend she dumped is dating someone else and is jealous about it.

My suggestion is wait, and talk to someone who knows her (a family member, for example) and say you're concerned about how she is behaving. If you get a full story act accordingly, if not then it sounds important.
I can confirm that her ex is still single, oddly enough.

I have never met her immediate family before, I don't think they even know me by more than name. That would be hard to do, physically, despite also probably being awkward for them. I wouldn't think it necessary at this point though, but I guess always possible.

Imp Poster

Sep 16, 2010
Chalk it up to have built something with someone for that person to take it down. Who knows why, maybe she doesn't understand it herself enhence the cold shoulder and "fuck off" attitude. Maybe she is getting some stability from this older guy. Seems like your timing was off. She was going out with someone and now she is with someone she is probably rebounding on. Who knows.

Important thing is, how are you? and are you ok with moving on?
For me, as hard as it is, when a girl cancels like that at the last minute, I don't do anything with her at that point. If she doesn't call or come to me to at least apologize or make it up to me, then it is over for me. Imagine if the table the was turned, you at the last minute, cancelled a date with her, can you imagine what your excuse have to be so she wouldn't get mad about it or how bad you would feel about it. If she didn't act "human" about it, it shows you how much feelings she had for you. Sorry. It is what it is. It's time to move on.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Imp Poster said:
Chalk it up to have built something with someone for that person to take it down. Who knows why, maybe she doesn't understand it herself enhence the cold shoulder and "fuck off" attitude. Maybe she is getting some stability from this older guy. Seems like your timing was off. She was going out with someone and now she is with someone she is probably rebounding on. Who knows.

Important thing is, how are you? and are you ok with moving on?
For me, as hard as it is, when a girl cancels like that at the last minute, I don't do anything with her at that point. If she doesn't call or come to me to at least apologize or make it up to me, then it is over for me. Imagine if the table the was turned, you at the last minute, cancelled a date with her, can you imagine what your excuse have to be so she wouldn't get mad about it or how bad you would feel about it. If she didn't act "human" about it, it shows you how much feelings she had for you. Sorry. It is what it is. It's time to move on.
I'm pretty good with it now, almost perfect I could say. For a few days after it all happened I was a bit shaken up and mostly just confused as fuck, but it wore off, as I had plenty of important business to take care of and even more to occupy my free time with. Hell, I even started getting more sleep when not talking to her.

I'm really past the whole relationship thing, and not really caring if we even stay friends now if she is this willing to destroy it all over something so very small and stupid. I guess what got me thinking on it was that we still live (at least when I am not at my university) within a few miles of each other, and even that grocery store we worked at and met each other at is still a place we both have many mutual friends and just go to for damn grocery shopping. So I figured that since I don't plan to just stop seeing my family and friends that still live there, we would eventually, likely by coincidental accident, run into each other, and I have no idea if I should try to make peace with her when that inevitably happens or give her an even colder attitude than she gave me.

Imp Poster

Sep 16, 2010
Hader said:
So I figured that since I don't plan to just stop seeing my family and friends that still live there, we would eventually, likely by coincidental accident, run into each other, and I have no idea if I should try to make peace with her when that inevitably happens or give her an even colder attitude than she gave me.
I would ignore her. She should make the first move by atleast apologizing or explain what happened on her end. She, if you meant anything to her in atleast with friendship, owes you that. No point in saying anything if she had a "fuck off" attitude. If she changed her attitude and you meant anything to her, she will or should come up to you and say something. This is where you let off the chase or the ball is in her court, however you want to put it. I wouldn't persue anymore as it might make you look worse or turn her off even more. Besides, the one who destroys should be the one that builds again, right? Anything else might look desparate.

The best thing you can do for yourself when it comes to this girl, is befriend other girls if not date some girl. Hang out with these friends and hopefully one day, she is sees this. Showing her that you moved on and pretend she is not there till she comes up to you.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
spartan1077 said:
Put it all behind, and never think of it again. Even though it may not seem like it;
TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS​
Whoa, don't go throwing that around anywhere. While it may apply here, time doesn't even nearly heal all wounds. Depression, for example - if you just leave it and don't do anything, it'll get worse and worse.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
If she said to fuck off, I think you are being too clingy. Seriously, my situation is waaaaaaaay worse. Just try to get her out of your head and just remember it's only illegal if you get caught it's best to move on.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
PoisonUnagi said:
spartan1077 said:
TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS​
Whoa, don't go throwing that around anywhere. While it may apply here, time doesn't even nearly heal all wounds. Depression, for example - if you just leave it and don't do anything, it'll get worse and worse.
I also think this doesn't work for flesh eating diseases.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Judgement101 said:
If she said to fuck off, I think you are being too clingy. Seriously, my situation is waaaaaaaay worse. Just try to get her out of your head and just remember it's only illegal if you get caught it's best to move on.
I could come off as too clingy I guess, though I wouldn't consider myself that. Personal bias perhaps, but the very last thing I said to her was along the lines of "So that's it, after all this, that's all you can tell me? Well okay then." I have no trouble ignoring someone who acts like that to me, but I guess the shock of her saying that so suddenly made it a bit worse. Honestly, I couldn't ever trust her again, from the current state of affairs, and I am fine with that.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Imp Poster said:
Hader said:
So I figured that since I don't plan to just stop seeing my family and friends that still live there, we would eventually, likely by coincidental accident, run into each other, and I have no idea if I should try to make peace with her when that inevitably happens or give her an even colder attitude than she gave me.
I would ignore her. She should make the first move by atleast apologizing or explain what happened on her end. She, if you meant anything to her in atleast with friendship, owes you that. No point in saying anything if she had a "fuck off" attitude. If she changed her attitude and you meant anything to her, she will or should come up to you and say something. This is where you let off the chase or the ball is in her court, however you want to put it. I wouldn't persue anymore as it might make you look worse or turn her off even more. Besides, the one who destroys should be the one that builds again, right? Anything else might look desparate.

The best thing you can do for yourself when it comes to this girl, is befriend other girls if not date some girl. Hang out with these friends and hopefully one day, she is sees this. Showing her that you moved on and pretend she is not there till she comes up to you.
In a way I kinda hope to do that, in spite of her I guess you could say. After all this however, I really don't think anything would work out, so no matter what she says I am pretty much done with her. At most, I will come to peace with her so it's not a persistent matter anymore, but I feel no regrets or sorrows and if she does at any time then I won't give a rats ass.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Hader said:
I had originally posted this in another thread of a similar question but I guess it warrants its own thread for now. Copy pasted the text I posted too, let me know if I am too vague somewhere.

Right now the state is that of her ignoring me, after telling me to fuck off a few times when I tried to be nice and reasonable to her. So we stopped talking, and haven't talked in about a month now. As far as moving on, I would say I'm good in that department. There is one thing that gets at me though...and that's just closure, I guess. Thing is, we were reeeeeeeally good friends, and we met each other when she started working at the grocery store I had been working at for two years. Eventually we became good friends, and by coincidence I ended up mentoring her in everything I had learned, so we really developed a bond that went past a simple friendship. And for two years after just that, we were good friends, with only a few on-off moments of 'discontent' with each other.

I guess the important catch here is that we never actually went out. At the time I met her she was in a long-standing relationship, but I think it's safe to label that as shaky, at best. And after we really started to hit it off as friends, we both made it pretty clear that we were attracted to each other...mind you, I was very careful not to come off as trying to steal her from her boyfriend or anything. I wouldn't do anything to anyone that I wouldn't want done upon myself. But eventually her relationship did come to an end, and it seemed very likely we might, at the very least, date somewhat soon afterward. And in fact, we almost did. I told her I was visiting my family for the weekend, on a trip down from the University I am at, and her birthday was a few days after that weekend. So I asked to take her out as a birthday gift, from me to her. Well, she cancelled it virtually last minute, and I kinda found myself stuck at home thinking I had a night to spend with her but instead with nothing to do. But that was easy to cope with, just a slightly more boring weekend than I had planned on. When her actual birthday came around though, and I wished her a happy birthday, I got quite the cold shoulder, about a step away from telling me to fuck off. Which she did...three days later. So little after a week where we were going on a date we were both excited for and she does this shit, and I eventually find out she is dating (and now in a relationship with) a guy from our old workplace who is literally 10 years older than her.

Now from my standpoint, I cannot see how she would justify building up our relationship to that point only to crash and burn it so quickly and suddenly. I stopped trying to speculate on her reasons for this but I can't help but think now if she maybe regrets being harsh about it...which I think is putting it mildly at best, but that's just my standpoint, however bias it sounds. At the very least, even if she truly hates my guts now, I can't see us going on with the rest of our lives without saying another word to each other, we were such good friends and to let all that go with a simple "Fuck off" just doesn't seem like how it will really end someday. I guess I can't decide whether to look forward to even the most bitter closure on it possible, or put it all behind and never think of it again. Honestly, I can do either. I feel fine, just a bit confused I guess.
You really need to leave this girl alone. She's very clearly not interested in having you in her life and she's made that plainly obvious. Any grasping for "closure" is just going to met with a brick to the face (literal and/or metaphorical) - that sort of thing requires two, and she doesn't want to play. I would move on from this situation immediately and explore new pastures. The only possible chance you have of salvaging a friendship for the future is if you leave her alone now, she may possibly come around to talking to you again one day at some point. However, I don't consider it likely.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
spartan1077 said:
TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS​
Tell that to trauma patients?

OT best thing to do is walk away, you go for closure and the like it shows you care, she'll see it as clingy and you will lose the psychological battle.

Best thing to do is act like nothings wrong and don't bother with her, if she feels truly bad about it she will contact you. Though if she does I would think about whether or not you let her back in