Weird preferences you have in games.

jackinmydaniels

Jul 12, 2012
In a game where a party of followers is generally mandatory I MUST rotate different people in as much as I can. Even if it's to the detriment of my party, I guess I just feel bad picturing them hanging out in camp, wondering why they never get picked to go on the big damn adventure.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
I always try to play a sneaky bastard, even in games that have shitty stealth systems. I rather like the utility of the rogue-type class. Highly mobile, can be very damaging in close combat, not as squishy as the wizard, capable of longer range fighting and can specialize in it if they want. Essentially, a rogue can do most of what any other class can do if kitted and crafted properly. In the least, this is true outside of MMOs.

Also, I tend towards pragmatism now in games. If doing the "bad" thing is significantly easier, I'll probably do it. I don't do evil for shits and giggles usually, but I try to do what makes sense given my goal.

Finally, there are self imposed challenges. In CoD 4, my favorite gun was the M-14. I got so good at a 2 shot combo of one to the body one to the head. Anyone could rack up a good score with an M-16 and a grenade launcher, but it takes skill and a fast trigger finger to do well in those extremely close range maps that CoD loves with a semi-auto rifle.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
I prefer playing female characters the majority of the time, depending on the models.

I love stacking DoT and HoT spells/abilities.

I adore Ice and Illusion spells/abilities.

Summoning swarms of somethings to ravage enemies.

Rapid attack animations.

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
I always play a mage-type character in any game that has the option, even if they're weaker than other classes.

jonpaze

Feb 23, 2013
Small details. Somehow I just love 'em.
Here's an example: In Crysis 1 (and in 2, but more better) your ammo notifier-thingy also took the extra bullet that is loaded in the gun in consideration, as in 40+1 boolets in your clip. Also different reload animations based on if you reloaded an empty gun or with a few bullets in 'em.
Yes i know that other games do that too, but Crysis came in mind first.

Mutant150

Jan 4, 2012
I never use blunt weapons in a game. If I play a melee character, it has to be swords or daggers. Axes at a push, as an absolute last resort. But hammers, clubs and maces - no way. They are just too inelegant to tolerate.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
wintercoat said:
The scroll-through-text/confirm/"A" button is evil, and must be punished by rapidly pressing it, even when not in use.

Anywho. I almost always play a bloke, and I usually try to make them blond. If the game has more than one playable race, then I will never choose human, because that's boring.

And I spend an inordinate amount of time obsessing over what to name my character. Always.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
When given a lot of interesting options in a game to make very unique fighting styles, I'll usually ignore them and just go for skills and such that give me a well rounded character. The same goes for weapon choices too, I always want to make sure I'm well rounded so I never run into a fight where I don't have what I need to win.

Hieronymusgoa

Dec 27, 2011
I never play women in RPGs, I play them all the time in fighting games.
I should add I do favor men sexually so it has nothing to do with their boobs in fighting games but I somehow enjoy beating the crap out of men with women...
I need to see someone about that i think...

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I reload after almost every kill in order to have full ammo for the next gun fight. Gets me killed a lot. The only time I don't reload immediately is when there's another enemy in sight right as or right after I kill the first enemy.

I always put the subtitles on, even though I have a fairly large HD monitor and no eyesight problems. I just like to read sometimes.

I almost always choose female if there's a choice of gender. A long time ago, I used to choose male then do a second playthrough as female, but now I always choose female. Only recent exception is Saints Row, but that's because my cousin and I have a running joke of a Time Lord Hitler, so the Boss has to be male. I'll choose female in my subsequent playthroughs.

In Elder Scrolls and Fallout games, I usually install a mod that changes an item of clothing or adds something and make it an extra goal to find that item before I complete the main quest. More often than not, it leads to dozens of hours searching for the item just before starting the last mission.