Weird things that really annoy you.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
The touch of velvet. Dunno why, it just makes me cringe.

Also, people who stand on separate sides of a hallway and talk to each other. It's rude to walk between talking people, couldn't they at least be considerate of people walking by?!

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Jewellery.

Any type of Jewellery just spots my eye a lot of the time. Especially the really weird ones or if someone has loads of piercings... it just irks me and I don't know why. It seems really pointless to wear pieces of plastic and metal and even put it into your skin. It doesn't seem to improve appearance either.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
"can I get a *insert beverage / foodstuff here*?"

It's can I HAVE! Fucking have, not get!

One of my close mates does it all the time in the pub whilst ordering a pint. I'm not saying it's grammatically wrong or anything, it's just sounds so awful and Americanised.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
anthony87 said:
People who lament that gaming will never be taken seriously. By whom exactly? By people that have nothing whatsoever to do with gaming. Who the fuck cares what those people think.
Fully agreed.The whole thing with Roger Ebert baffles me.Why are people so concerned with what a 70 year old film critic thinks about videogames?

Brixton6

Mar 30, 2012
Misspelling of the word "weird." Also, people who require noise just because it's quiet. Things like talking about nothing for no discernible reason or having the TV on just as background noise. That sort of thing.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
When people spell the word "weird" incorrectly.

Also when they misuse apostrophes.

That is all.

Dutchj

May 2, 2010
PieBrotherTB said:
The incorrect use of apostrophes.

I'm ashamed that I'm that petty, but seriously it's (ie it is) EVERYWHERE.

CD's is the most unreasonably galling.
This is partially because of English not being everyone's primary language. In Dutch for example, a lot of words ( including "CD's" ) are actually spelled with an apostrophe in plural form. Funny thing is, most of these words are not from Dutch origin.

What tends to annoy me is people who stress out. I tend to be quite a relaxed person, and avoid stress as much as possible. It grinds my gears incredibly hard when I see people get stressed out or even pissed off over stuff that just plainly doesn't warrant it. I guess you could say I get annoyed by people who get annoyed over nothing.

Another thing that gets to me is people who use incorrect terminology. Especially if I've already corrected them once on it. It's not that hard, just name it like it is! For example, someone I know always refers to wanted levels in games as 'stars' because that's how your wanted level is depicted in the GTA series. So even in other games which have a wanted level, he would always refer to it as having a certain number of stars. Annoys me to no end.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
People that talk about religion, when they know absolutely nothing about it other than hear say . Religion seems the be the only topic where people who know absolutely nothing about it . Until you have read the books of the religions you are criticising , i'm sorry you are just blowing shit from your ass . Now the opinion of someone who has at the very least read the book(s) i will respect to the fullest whether we agree or not .

As for the weird thing : people that vote . They know the politicians lie , but yet get hyped by their bullshit.

Zombiefish

Sep 29, 2012
Children in public places. And mothers who think they own the world and can let their brat do whatever they want without taking responsibility.

windlenot

Archeoastronomist
Mar 27, 2011
I got two main ones. I hate gettin shit on my hands. Not literally, but it could be anything from Cheetos dust, potato chips dust, to dirt, or barbecue sauce. But that's mainly because I'm always using electronics and don't want to gum up my stuff.

The other thing Is When People Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word Of A Sentence. I have NO idea why people do this, or what the reasoning is!

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
People using the word 'addicting' when they mean 'addictive'.
People using 'then' when they mean 'than'.
People saying 'I could care less' when they mean 'I couldn't care less'.

Although it's not that strange I guess, I cannot understand how anybody with English as a first language could possibly use any of the former, yet it happens all of the time.

ABLb0y said:
People on the internet who insist upon spelling 'You' as just the letter. I mean, it's just two more letters, not a whole lot of effort.
D you know what's worse? There are people who say 'yes' using just y. I am not kidding, but I wish I was.

If you ask somebody a question and they say 'y', you logically assume they mean 'why, but oh no, not this person.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Brixton6 said:
Misspelling of the word "weird." Also, people who require noise just because it's quiet. Things like talking about nothing for no discernible reason or having the TV on just as background noise. That sort of thing.
lotr rocks 0 said:
When people spell the word "weird" incorrectly.

Also when they misuse apostrophes.

That is all.
Yeah, people who do that are just terrible.

Oh crap. I'll get to fixing that right now.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Are - are you a vampire?! D:

OT: I'm pretty reasonable about this stuff, with the exception of people who over-reply. If I make a short comment, you don't need to ask six or seven questions about it...

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
I tend to hold doors open for people.

This year I've done it for like.. a hundred people? I don't count, but..

Not one says thank you.
Not a single one.
Not a teeny, tiny, mumbled thanks in the general direction of my being.

D:

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Doclector said:
When you realise you'll never be as well known as Daystar.
It could happen, who said it won't?

OT: People who block you on the street. Those putrescent individuals, even though their mass is nothing exceptional, they still manage to block the flow of higher accelerating individuals.
Oh, that's aggravating. Especially when you're consigned to walking behind groups of people because there's no way around them. Makes it look like you're stalking them from very close range.

People who have conversations in the middle of a flight of stairs.

'I could care less'.

Facebook attention whores.

People who the only statuses they post on Facebook are ones ripping into annoying status trends, to the point where that itself is an annoying status trend.

People who wear ear stretchers. DO YOU HAVE NO COMPREHENSION OF THE FUTURE!? YOU'VE HORRIFICALLY DEFORMED YOURSELF!

People who misuse the phrase 'exception that proves the rule' to basically say they're better than other people.

That really put on chavvy accent that NOBODY naturally has! It's disgusting to listen to.

People who are walking around, and randomly spit somewhere. It's fucking grim.

People who spit when they talk.

There. My rage is spent for now.

doggy go 7

Jul 28, 2010
ABLb0y said:
People on the internet who insist upon spelling 'You' as just the letter. I mean, it's just two more letters, not a whole lot of effort.
Even worse then that is when people on the internet say should/could of instead of should've and could've. SHOULD OF MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE, AND WHERE THE FUCK DID THIS COME FROM. It's really annoying as these people otherwise seem to care about their grammar, but getting that right is just too much for them.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Roofstone said:
I tend to hold doors open for people.

This year I've done it for like.. a hundred people? I don't count, but..

Not one says thank you.
Not a single one.
Not a teeny, tiny, mumbled thanks in the general direction of my being.

D:
I usually get thanked for that at least 1 in 3 times.

At least!