Weird things that really annoy you.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Binnsyboy said:
Roofstone said:
I tend to hold doors open for people.

This year I've done it for like.. a hundred people? I don't count, but..

Not one says thank you.
Not a single one.
Not a teeny, tiny, mumbled thanks in the general direction of my being.

D:
I usually get thanked for that at least 1 in 3 times.

At least!
I envy you. )=

TheFunPolice

Mar 29, 2011
I hate it when people pretend they don't like The Red Hot Chili Peppers..Everybody loves the Chili Peppers...

Seriously though, it drives me fucking bonkers when people sacrifice humor for the sake of kindness/generosity. One person I know basically tries to be the nicest person ever to everybody he meets, and it's almost a chore to be around somebody who constantly says "OH, YOU'RE SO FUNNY AND TALENTED, WANT ME TO MAKE YOU SOME TEA?"

I think being funny is a far better way to get through life than just being overly nice. Sure, I think being nice is brilliant if you can be funny at the same time. I'm not saying I want people to actually be assholes, never ACTUALLY be an asshole, just pretend to be an asshole for the pure sake of humor ^_^

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
People snogging (making out) on the bus. I was stuck behind a couple on the bus yesterday and the guy was lent over his female compadre and kept loudly kissing and whispering into her ear and I've been stuck in the seats behind these cunts for 3 bus trips in a row now. Seriously, I wanted to cut of his lips and repurpose them as a cup holder, and that was before he got off the bus and they started tapping on the glass and making kissing motions towards each other, oh, then I wanted to murder them. And for the first 15 minutes of the bus ride the gal was trying to repeatedly push him away.

And if you're thinking "oh, you should've just looked away" they were directly in front of me in a crowded bus, there was no where else to look.

Shilefin

Aug 18, 2011
I could go on on a few different topics because my day is pretty much composed of me hating everything that happens around me, but instead since I don't want to spend all night here I'll list a few stranger ones.

I really hate fake-orange light in the city during the night, and generally hate the night unless it's somewhere away from any civilization.

I despise people who walk slowly and block me in narrow corridors or groups that do that on the street.

I cannot stand when something falls down. As in, off a desk. It can be the most irrelevant thing in the world, let's say the complete and categorized works of Westboro Baptist Church, and I'll still have to pick it up, for some reason.

I want to murder people who make loud noises or having complicated conversation while in a public bathroom, and especially people who hang around such bathrooms, because It's just such a lovely place to be in.

And pretty much most of the things listed in this fine thread.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Pretty much whenever my dad pour too much water into the kettle so it leak abit on to the floor and I just happen to touch it with my soak! FFS dad don't pour so much water into it or at least clean up the bloody water on the floor!!!! Soaking soak really irratate me alot!!!

Ziggy

Jul 13, 2010
The person below me. For some reason just seeing the person's profile picture pisses me off.

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
People who keep saying "Yea I hope that guy gets raped in prison!"

This annoys me to no end.
People don't really get raped anymore in prison.
They stick the rapists, the gays, the child molesters, and so forth - in their own little area.

Why? To avoid excessive killings within the prison. To avoid rapes in the main prison system.
Yea the rapists and the gays are going to have at each other, but fuck em right?

The guy who got mad, got into a fight and killed one or two people, isn't going to get raped in prison because he's a 'monster'. He's 'standard'. That's all. No-one in prison is going to give 2 shits unless you're mixing with a different race.

"This guy raped and killed a *****!"
"OMG! I hope he gets raped in prison!"

...Nope. He's gonna be someone's ***** in prison definitely because this guy's a retard and a punk, but he's not going to be raped by some angry black dude with a 30" cock just because he raped/murdered some mid 20's woman.

phyrexian

Feb 5, 2012
Couple things:

Back when I was learning piano, one of my biggest pet peeves was finding a hair or dust or bit of lint on the keys. I'd stop playing immediately and clean the bastard up. I couldn't ignore it.

It also really annoys me when I see tattoos of stupid things in stupid places, like a butterfly on someone's neck. WHY DO YOU NEED THAT THERE? BUTTERFLIES ARE PRETTY, BUT I WOULDN'T GET ONE TATTOOED ON MY FREAKIN' NECK.

And repetitive sounds. I feel like I could turn into the Hulk.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Roofstone said:

Not one says thank you.
Not a single one.

D:
And it's always old people too.
Pricks.

OT: Can't think of anything too unusual to be honest. Just standard stuff, apart from this door thing I guess.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
I also dislike the sun!

I hate the heat. I want to live somewhere freezing cold. inb4 YOU WON'T LIKE IT. I'd rather be cold and trying to stay warm than sweating like mad and trying to stay cool.

People who bash on other people for their music taste. Just quit it.

Hardcore elitist gamers who can't ever seem to have fun unless they're #1 in a game.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Roofstone said:

Not one says thank you.
Not a single one.

D:
Oohhh this. I do it for everyone! Women, men, old people, children. I'm not expecting a thank you but damn some people act like it's my job to hold the damn door. Like 1 in 6 will say thank you but most it's either silence or just a weird grunt that can't even be considered english.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
People who amble along in public places, especially if it's crowded. Even more so when they amble against the flow of pedestrian traffic. It literally drives me spare. Then they look at you as if you're the annoyance blocking up the pathway.

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
Elderly people who think the world owes them everything and think the youth should respect them just because they're old. Respect works two ways, if you're rude to me straight off the bat you're getting nothing from me, regardless of your age.

Also women with prams who think they have automatic right-of-way. I've lost count of how many times I've had my toes run over in pissing Greggs. Or ones who have actually pushed in front of me in queues because they presume they should be allowed to go first. Drives me up the wall.

Brixton6

Mar 30, 2012
Roofstone said:

Not one says thank you.
Not a single one.

D:
I find it interesting that this has come up a couple times in the past week for me. I have a friend on my favorite social networking site that was complaining about the exact same thing. On a side note, I've realized that my life must not be very exciting if I find things like this interesting.

Doclector said:
Brixton6 said:
Misspelling of the word "weird." Also, people who require noise just because it's quiet. Things like talking about nothing for no discernible reason or having the TV on just as background noise. That sort of thing.
lotr rocks 0 said:
When people spell the word "weird" incorrectly.

Also when they misuse apostrophes.

That is all.
Yeah, people who do that are just terrible.

Oh crap. I'll get to fixing that right now.
Good man(or woman, if that's how you choose to be referred to). I'm proud of you.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
People about to get on the subway that doesn't realise that you gotta stand on the side of the doors to let people out first. When that happens I always get fueled by rage. Once I bumped a guy with my shoulder and I'm a big guy(not fat!), so it wasn't a nudge exactly. Another time I took a big step forward as soon as the doors were open wide enough and stopped right in front of the blockers face. Stared at him angrily until he stepped back.
Most often I just say "Move, you fucking idiot!". Got a feeling I'll end up in a fight due to this some day. D:

Might not qualify as a weird thing to get annoyed from though.
Well, I also get extremely annoyed/disgusted when people chew loudly.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
Leftover time on microwave timers. I hate it so much. Just press the damn reset button if you take your food out early for fucks sake.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
prophecy2514 said:
people who slurp their drink, even just a little. especially coffee or tea drinkers who slurp the froth off the top because its obviously too hot to normally drink.
Nothing makes me rage harder, its my "nails on a chalkboard" noise.
ditto, though thats not a particularly weird one.

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
I have two things that haven't been said that piss me off to no end! Both of which have taken place many times in the supermarket near my house.

1. People always choosing to stand RIGHT IN FRONT of the all the damn baskets and having an extended conversation. That makes it so much of a pain in the ass to either get one or to put one up. One time while this was happening I took three baskets one at a time and intentionally went right in-between these two ladies until they took the hint and moved on the third one.

2. This one needs a little bit more detail. When I'm pushing a basket and there is either a wall or something to one side, people will always move to the side of the basket with the narrowest gap. Why? Why do so many people always have to squeeze into the narrower gap? I do not understand this behavior...

I understand that these are very small things to be annoyed by, but dammit they annoy me to no end!