Weird things that really annoy you.

attackshark

Nov 16, 2010
the phrasing of certain sentences.

specifically, when people phrase a yes or no question with one part question, one part answer.

example: do you think the OP is a kitten smasher or no?

GOD DAMN IT. WHY DON'T YOU LET ME ANSWER?

people to this all the time, and every time i hear it, i want to hit them with a chair. it's people trying to fit more dialogue into a situation without actually saying anything and it drives me bonkers.

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
Drivers who come racing up to you on the freeway/highway (being annoyed by tailgating isn't weird, but the behavior of the drivers is, so I say this counts):

Oh hello, Tailgater. I am sorry I am in your way, but there is a hoard of other cars ahead of us. You see, many of are driving to our destinations at the moment, so I'm afraid it'd be impossible to put pedal to metal in this case. Following me that closely isn't going to make a difference, and I'd rather not speed up and be only 5 feet behind a camper while going lethal MPH. Maybe when it's your birthday... you let me know then and I'll tailgate the person ahead of me as well, so together we can get to the exit ramp .004 seconds sooner. That'll be grand.

Eventually, they'll realize you're not about to speed up just for them and they'll change lanes and gun it. They will proceed for another few seconds before braking hard to avoid rear-ending the cars in that lane. See, crazy driver, I told you I was only going this speed because, due to traffic, there was no point going any faster, but you didn't believe me.

This happens way more frequently than I expect. Sometimes more than once a month. What is wrong with you people?

tl;dr I hate it when people tailgate you until the adjacent lane is clear, than launch themselves forward around you, only to brake hard 2 seconds later, because there's *GASP* cars in that lane too. Can't we all just drive safely and not die? I know we might have to get to work 5 minutes late every once in awhile, but isn't life more precious than that?

OrenjiJusu

Mar 24, 2009
That style of trouser that hangs around the knees and shows every casual observer your choice in underwear.
That is not how you wear trousers.

Also people on the internet using "ur" as a substitute for "your", "u" as a substitute for "you", or worst of all, spell "through" as "thru".

Estranged180

Mar 30, 2011
There is no end to the stream of obscenities that leave my face when I step on a power cord plug in bare feet. This is only one of my little weird pet peeves.

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
People who think that it's really funny to drive as close to me as possible when I'm biking down the street. And of course these guys are big hulking lads and when you flip them off they get out of their car and make you feel like your about to be killed. Thats the biggest one, but another would be people who overly complement me. It just makes me feel weird when I get complemented to a stupid extent.

debtcollector

Jan 31, 2012
People who spell "Lose" (as in "to lose a game") like "loose" (as in "she is a loose woman"). Grinds my gears.

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
Light. As in, the stuff that we need to see stuff. It bothers me something unbelievably. Well, when there's a lot of it, anyway. To the point where I avoid the sun (because let's face it, it's the no.1 producer of light visible from here) if I can, and always turn off all the lights in the rooms I'm in. And I keep my screen at low light settings.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Religious people. Nothing worse than a bible thumper, especially the Creationists who deny evolution and try and convince people that Creationism is a branch of science.