Welcome to Fallout town: What do you do now?

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
I'd try and set up some kind of Government to organise the settlement. Build walls, get water and food, organise a militia and try and make the homes a nice place to live. Find some people who would be the more 'Wasteland' type and try to get them to make trade caravans and scavenge food and water. Yes, I'd try and be the towns mayor and attempt to turn it into a trading town so we all get rich.

Make a life in the town and people play to their strengths for the benefit of all.

EDIT: This place is going to have a great clinic.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
tanithwolf said:
Well I'm Irish so I'm instantly qualified to run the local saloon, where I shall gather information on everyone and sell it for caps. Especially if your some kind of lone wanderer. For more information follow this link: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Colin_Moriarty

Edit: There will also be a sign up saying "People caught crouching, will be shot".
Under that sign should be a sign saying "No Bucketing!"

OT:Duel SMG merc. I do most jobs for caps except going into ant mounds. *shudder*

Leole

Jul 24, 2010
I'd probably stay inside the "safety" of the city, and try not to die of Rad Poisoning. I'm 17 years old, I'm no good using a gun, nevermind surviving mutants out there. Screw that, I'll stay in my little shed inside whatever-scrape-yard-city I'm in.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
As proud citizen of my country i'd immediately start to gather everything what's needed for small but efficient distillery.

...Sooner or later you'll all visit my humbly abode. :)

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
I'm rather good at working with leather, I like being creative.. And since I'm Danish, my racial trait is +5 points to knowledge in Alternative Energy.

Soo.. Id probably try to start a little shop... And make some cool looking hats and coats of whatever hides I can procure.

The wasteland is in dire need of non-goofy looking hats!

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
Get some awesome weapons and equipment, drug myself on whatever's possible, head out of the town like a boss and get eaten by a ghoul.

Artinam

Jan 5, 2008
Survive, help set up a community and learn to do something useful.
Then try and seek out information on any nearby rising power, either join them or seek a deal with nearby towns to band together for protection.

All of this will lead to world power and a comfy leather chair in a missle silo somewhere...but lets start simple.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
If not I will become my character and fight for THE GOOD FIGHT!

If not again...

Sword expert/ Gaurd.

I will be living in a vault for little then a year, I will focus on marksmanship and melee and medicine until I will be realesed into the wasteland...

I will then live/find in a community that is an okay place and make it better and then become the head of security, and I will also be an expert in swords, guns and medicine.

I will live a good life until a big plot comes in and I will have to kill an evil to rescue my town and become an awesome character in the process and SAVE THE WORLD!!

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Da Orky Man said:
WolfThomas said:
Fourth year medical student, I know enough stuff to run a basic clinic, deal with injuries and deliver babies etc. Also know how to shoot and a bit of hunting so that's helpful. Probably be pretty useful.
I'd probably join the clinic with this guy. I'm trained in Advanced First Aid, so I can use a defibrillator, gives oxygen via a mask, treat external and internal injuries, and give basic injections. Medical personnel are handy to have about.
Welcome aboard. (throws medkit) Now these radscorpion stings and laser burns aren't going to treat themselves.

Justice4L

Aug 24, 2011
STEP 1: Go to New York

STEP 2: Travel the wastes to find groups of people who are willing to make an underground settlement. Then we could hopefully be safe from everything (apart from some feral ghouls).

STEP 3: I would expand the underground city until all sewers belong to me. it would be one of the safest places in the wastes and would be somewhat expensive to live there.

STEP 4: Create businesses for things like guns and food. I would eliminate any competition (they would look like accidents of course).

STEP 5: Slowly take over above ground area (I'm pretty damn rich about now). I would kill raiders, slavers (any bad people, even though I'm a little dodgy).

STEP 6: Get others to travel around America to spread the word of my New York while stirring up trouble so other places don't seem so safe.

STEP 7: Have a huge population living in my city and be very powerful.

STEP 8: Live happily ever after.

THE END

or just be a bartender in the town lol

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
I think this settlement that is coming together should appear in the next Fallout game. With plenty of good quests so we don't all get slaughtered for having little use in the game.

ELD3RGoD

Apr 23, 2010
I own several shotguns and a few boxes of ammo... and I know how to run a radio show so you have your radio guy with all your wastelands news!

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
well im an apprentice builder...so i guess id help build the city walls, and then make everyone a shitty tin hovel. Yay!

Justice4L

Aug 24, 2011
fenrizz said:
Build utopia.

Or atleast try to.
Collective farming at first, then when we have enough manpower (3 children minimum per couple would be the law) we'd start some industry, consumer goods and weapons.

Then I would conquer the wasteland with my army and bring utopia to everyone.
Sorry mate, you will have to go through me :p

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
1. Set up an underground shelter in one of the abandoned bunkers using computer and repair skills to create locking doors and defensive turrets.

2. Clean up the shelter and slowly work on improving the lifestyle, while at the same time going out at evening to scavange supplies and various other things.

3. Repair scavanged things and sell them for higher price to caravans and traders.

asa11

Apr 16, 2009
I'm pretty sure I can dig holes.Hence,I'll be the caretaker.Given the usual lifespan of fallout survivors , I'll be up to my neck with work.

snowpuppy

Feb 18, 2011
I'll start a religion that promotes what humans are actually meant to do! MWHAHAHAHA

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
the_green_dragon said:
So, the end of the world has happened and the world is now that of the fallout universe.

Your currently living with a handful of other survivors in a small town. What would you do? Would you live in the town and make a new life or risk the wasteland?

What makes you qualified to do whatever it is your going to do?

For me, well, I did a psychology degree so I might set up a clinic to help the other survivors though their trumatic experience, I'm not much of a surivilist so I'll prob die if I go too far into the wastes.

EDIT: If anyone chooses to stay in town, it's going to be the town with all the other posters. We're all in this together!
You know what this topic would be awesome for? Forum game Role-playing.Everyone picks their positions, and you create situations. Like, knowing a super mutant group is coming our way, so everybody prepares for it. The medics stock up on chems and medical stuff, the gatherers take up weapons to defend, and the builders start constructing additional protection.

Luke3184

Jun 4, 2011
Skulltaker101 said:
Try to wall off the town with my good mates, and then we'll work on building a fortress. Set up a kind of post-apocalyptic medieval town. With any luck, I'll be able to turn it into a trading centre. With money comes power, and I'll be able to influence mercs and soldiers to work as town guards. We'll manufacture weapons, armour and ammunition in relative safety. With the excess caps, I'll hire assassins to eliminate other burgeoning leaders. This will remove rival factions and economic competitors. People want something, they come to me. Thus, I'll likely end up with a clinic, a gun store and some kind of general infrastructure within my walls. Then we can work on the development of purified crops and generator construction.
Finally, I'll assemble teams of power armoured knights to lead campaigns to drive mutants and other threats back. Assuming I can afford the best weapons, I'll send them outside of the town walls. Without rival groups jostling with me, these warriors will be the people whom the wastelanders look to for protection. Safety, check. Security, check. Money, check. Publicity, check. Bring it on wasteland.
I'm a pretty damn good shot, so I'll sign on as a guard for this guy, maybe hiring myself out to the caravans as a guard to add to the viability of trading in his city. I also would start up some form of library and scribes, maybe with an adjacent school. Work to keep English Literature alive!