Well that date was weird...

jthm

Jun 28, 2008
I went on a date with a girl from the internet who cut geometric symbols into her arm, used a fake picture online, had untreated bipolar disorder, sold her meds to other students and had a boyfriend. All of these things I had no idea about until showing up at her front door.

Juan Cantu

Dec 30, 2011
The weirdest date i had came from a girl I saw everyday in the bus to school, we talked a lot in the road but we were not in the same classroom (she was a year younger) I usually dont make first moves because of my "experiences" but then one day she asked me out, she told me a local band was playing and that she wanted me to go with her.

I didn´t think it would be bad to go out so go i did, for starters, I got lost really bad (I had no car back then) and It took me like 3 hours to get to the adress, when I finally arrived I couldn't believe what I saw... it was a church and I'm like... hmmm im not sure about this (I'm not that big of a religious fan) I decided to enter and found her on some kind of reception, where she took my cellphone number and some other data (which I faked obviously) and she told me to wait for her on the first row of the church.

It couldnt have been worse, it wasnt even a regular church where you just stay quiet and get over with but a kinda cult or some sort of that where everyone was shouting and jumping and weird stuff like throwing themselves on the floor (including the girl that invited me) the whole time I was just sitting thinking (oh my god i'm going to die).

Later on the "band" came in and it was some kind of metal christ church music? I don't even know how to categorize it, again they were all jumping and screaming and saying god gave us limbs to praise him and weird stuff, the worst part came when the pastor (or whatever) told every "newcomer" to stand up and go to a room behind (I was really really distressed as i tend to prefer to avoid attention) but the girl pushed me and shouted HE TOO HE TOO so i got pulled to a room where the pastor said he welcomed us and gave us a lollipop...

inmediatly after that the people started going out so i ran, threw the lollipop to the garbage and tried to erase the memories.

Never talked to that girl again.

Captch: how are you.
pretty fine actually.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Dude... weird.

Fortunately or not, depending, I've not gone on a proper date so I have no stories to tell either way.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Vault101 said:
SaetonChapelle said:
Something about Uggs... No idea what kind of shoe those are but they sound unpleasant.
that was....really....really biazre

I men uggs? he wants to buy you ugg boots? (ugg boots are sheepskin boots, like slippers...an Australian thing)
Australian? Sheepskin? They're more vaguely soft leathery looking boots with a fur trim at the top. In Britain anyway.

On topic: Well I once went to meet a girl who for some reason brought her friend along. And then immediately got in a weird mood and stopped talking to me. I ended up talking to her friend instead 'cos it was getting awkward. And then I kinda... got on with her friend even better than I did with her.
That was an interesting day.

I don't tend to go on a lot of dates though.
I usually prefer to just straight up invite people over. It's easier to get to know someone in a comfortable environment, where you have some privacy, and you're surrounded by all the things which are significant to you. The last time I had a 'date' we snuggled up for a while with a film. The film was pretty bad so we ended up laughing relentlessly at it. Then she noticed the bass guitar and asked me to play, so I did some of the stuff I've written.

...she liked it.
Ahem.

Anyways, due to this tendency I've not had a lot of bad dates at all.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
This sounds like you really gave him way too much ease. By the time he started talknig about same type of bathrobes you should ahve quit it.

i never been on a date. i dont believe you need dates.

Juan Cantu

Dec 30, 2011
daveman247 said:
Juan Cantu said:
Damn, sounded more like a recruitment than a date XD

Good on you for not giving real details or licking the lollipop.
I know right.

I know that you should pay attention to your partners interests, but draging you to a cult is waaaaaay to much for the first date unless you are nuts like her (in wich case you should be in a mental asylum)

Maybe thats where she is nowadays!

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
Juan Cantu said:
I know right.

I know that you should pay attention to your partners interests, but draging you to a cult is waaaaaay to much for the first date unless you are nuts like her (in wich case you should be in a mental asylum)

Maybe thats where she is nowadays!

Or still at the "church" luring young men, maybe successfully too o_O

feeback06

Sep 14, 2010
I had no idea that the guy picking up the girl was a "red flag". I just always thought it was a nice gesture.

Ok, weird date: I had talked to this girl for years online, and I finally got to meet her on her birthday. I was without a car at the time (which is why I think giving rides is a nice gesture ;) so her mother picked me up with her in the car. Looking back on it now, I suppose it was kind of cute that the entire ride to her house she just kinda stared at me with goo goo eyes and didn't say a word, but at the time it really creeped me out. Any way, we have the traditional family birthday party with Grandma and the cousins and what not, and I started to loosen up and get to know everyone pretty well. But at around 11, her mother tells me and her that she is sending us home. I'm a little confused by this since I was staying at a hotel at the time but she drives us back and says "see you tomorrow." So at this point I'm kinda panicking since I really don't know this girl that well and I'm trying to be a nice guy; offering to sleep on the floor so she can have the bed but....well...let's just say she "loosened up" pretty quickly herself.

I'm still not sure what her mom was thinking.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
I've had two dates in my life:eek:ne was normal but the girl was using me as a rebound and hooked up with her ex about a week later. The other ended with awkward conversations about Persona and me not being able to go to Mcdonalds for a while.

Claude01

Nov 24, 2012
LOL I guess, they think that all women want a body building "manly" man XD

ok my turn. There is one particular date that I had that I find really odd.

There was a friend of mine, he introduced me to a female friend that apparently likes me for some reason. She was cute so I was like "to hell with it" and just asked her out.

I invited her to watch a movie, she agreed. We sat down and started to watch the movie. Five or so minutes later, she began caressing me. From my chest, downwards. I was pretty surprised and felt very uncomfortable. I'm not the "touchy" type of person, it scared me a bit. Since I was a nice guy, I didn't want to say things like "No dammit! STOP! GET AWAY D:<". I just endured it (cringing every minute) let her do what she pleases until the movie ends.

come to think of it...I think she was molesting me @_@
I guess men aren't the perverted ones anymore...

...I want my innocence back T_T

squidface

Jun 3, 2012
I wouldn't say it was weird... but it definitely sucked. But turned out alright. It was the time me and my boyfriend went to see Prometheus. Just as they find the Engineer still alive, I began to get really faint and dizzy (this happens to me a lot, but never in a cinema) so I rush out of the cinema and sit down outside. Needless to say the cinema attendant who helped me was awesome, he got me free water and let us use his phone to call my boyfriend's mum to come pick me up. All in all I thought it was going to be really awkward but my boyfriend was lovely about the whole thing. So it turned out ok, apart from I've yet to see the ending to Prometheus. XD

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
My most awkward date was when I showed up to the date to find that my boyfriend brought his girls friend and also showed me a photo of his wife and daughter.
The three of went out for drinks.
Awkward.

Spoonius

Jul 18, 2009
Hahahaha... this thread is the best.

I'm basically the epitome of the forever alone guy... but I guess I can still conjure up at least one story to tell.

I once liked this girl back in primary school. In grade two (we were both seven) she came back to my house to play. It was really innocent, nothing happened and I still laugh about it to this day, we basically sat in my bedroom for an hour talking enthusiastically about topics such as "can people who go to school together get married?" (totally serious the whole time) and making fun of our teacher.

Then we went outside and build a box fort.

After that we started jumping on my trampoline. There was a tree right next to it, and being the total idiot I am (and seven years old) I decided to show off by climbing it... and jumping onto the trampoline. From a considerable height.

Well, long story short I landed right on her shoulders and she went down wailing her eyes out. My mum drove her home and that was the end of that! :p

svenjl

Mar 16, 2011
SaetonChapelle said:
I was well aware he and I had little to nothing in common. I'm a female gamer, watch animation, have a comic series, am only like 5" tall and although thin, I do not exercise. This man was easily a foot taller then me, built like a brick house, and although a smart gentleman, his interests were in cars and body building. But hey, he was sweet, and anything can happen..
I am a man, and my advice to any woman is to stay far, far, very distant, completely out of range of men whose main interests include both cars and bodybuilding. Nothing good can come of that combination. NOTHING!

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
I never really go on "first dates". I usually just start hanging out with girls and the relationship progresses from there if we both develop interest in one another. Hanging out eventually turns into more date-like activities, and whichever date constituted the "first one" becomes vague to the point of being indistinguishable. It just seems awkwardly contrived to have a special type of initial social arrangement dedicated to romantic pursuit. I can even understand just wanting to bang it out with a stranger, but the whole concept of first dates and whatnot seems supremely uncomfortable.

I guess the most "awkward" date I've gone one was when a girl I barely knew gave me a handjob in the theater. It was a...unique experience. I was in too much shock and too exhilarated to protest though (plus it's difficult to protest in a crowded theater, and I wasn't really in a position to walk out). In the end I'd say it was all around just uncomfortable. Wouldn't let it happen again.

Feb 22, 2009
Wow, creepy. I guess he got the whole money and physical attractiveness thing because he couldn't be bothered to figure out how to interact with other human beings?

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
In Search of Username said:
Wow, creepy. I guess he got the whole money and physical attractiveness thing because he couldn't be bothered to figure out how to interact with other human beings?
No, a lot of people just react positively to that sort of behavior. There's also the possibility that he wanted to get laid, and he learned that was one of the fastest ways to do it (buy people stuff, act cocky, be a prototypical alpha bro, seem "serious", etc.)

He probably knew how to get what he wanted up to that point in his life, but never how to have a mature, meaningful relationship. I wouldn't doubt that he found the her standoffish demeanor alluring in its own right because she seemed like a "challenge", or "deeper" than his usual type of girl. Or he just bet his buddies that he could bag a geek gamer girl. Just my experience with matter.

Phantom Kat

Sep 26, 2012
Is peach cobbler like the manliest of desserts?

OT: I don't have any personally but I've heard of ones like a friend of a friend ending up at his date's house then finding out the hard way that she has a scat fetish.