well, the the escapist was just attacked.

SnakeTrousers

Dec 30, 2013
Archer666 said:
SnakeTrousers said:
Witty Name Here said:
To anyone curious. Yes. This is an attack by the Anti-Gamergate side.
What brought you to this conclusion? I made a quick search and didn't find anything to suggest who might have been responsible.
I think its the anti people too. Since the pro gg guys literally have nothing to gain by doing this. Even as a false flag, they would be stifling the only open discussions on a relevant site.
Uh huh. Anything beyond that? WNH seems pretty convinced, after all. How many people would it realistically take to pull this off?

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Archer666 said:
SnakeTrousers said:
Witty Name Here said:
What brought you to this conclusion? I made a quick search and didn't find anything to suggest who might have been responsible.
I think its the anti people too. Since the pro gg guys literally have nothing to gain by doing this. Even as a false flag, they would be stifling the only open discussions on a relevant site.
Actually, they gain the perception that it's being perpetrated by the anti-GamerGate side in an attempt to "stifle" discussion, thereby "proving" that they have something to hide or whatever else.

It's a pretty scummy thing for either side to do, but forgive me if I don't immediately believe that the "SJWs" are the ones guilty without any actual evidence.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
shrekfan246 said:
Archer666 said:
SnakeTrousers said:
Witty Name Here said:
Actually, they gain the perception that it's being perpetrated by the anti-GamerGate side in an attempt to "stifle" discussion, thereby "proving" that they have something to hide or whatever else.

It's a pretty scummy thing for either side to do, but forgive me if I don't immediately believe that the "SJWs" are the ones guilty without any actual evidence.
Their people has doxxed, hacked and threatened people in the past. The Email dump has them pressuring Greg Tito into censoring discussion on GG related issues here, it was them.

Archer666

May 27, 2011
shrekfan246 said:
Archer666 said:
SnakeTrousers said:
Witty Name Here said:

Understandable. I'm also holding back my judgement until we know more, this is just my first impression.

SnakeTrousers

Dec 30, 2013
Witty Name Here said:
SnakeTrousers said:
Witty Name Here said:
Archon outright said they're targeting the gamergate thread. The thread was just locked down as well.
Yes, I know. Go on?

There is something beyond that, right?

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
Well, the threads are back now, they were gone for a while. Now it's just us waiting to see what happens and unfolds.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Witty Name Here said:
BobDobolina said:
Witty Name Here said:
To anyone curious.
It goes even deeper. The "hardware failure" explanation was planted on the Escapist's twitter by the Illuminati. They've been behind the SJW agenda all along. The Shriners and the Reptoids from Zeta Reticuli are in on it too. No one is safe.
Archon confirmed that it's a DDoS attack. It's specifically going after the Gamergate thread.

You have no leg to stand on.

The simple fact of the matter is the world sees the Anti-GG types for what they are now. This hacking is because they disrespect the basic tenants of free speech. They hate, loathe, the loss of their control. They're desperate to silence the opposition and will use any means necessary to do so.

This is what the SJW side is truly like. This is what those who look at all the evidence and are still Anti-GG support.

Doxxing, Hacking, DDoS, these are the tools those who are against Gamergate. They can't win with logic. They can't win with the press. They're now trying (and failing) to win with borderline illegal methods and threatening those who support Gamergate into silence.
Yes, what happened here was pretty damn despicable. I'm still staying neutral in this whole mess though. Still way too much garbage going on on both sides. (Also, I have to say, are we certain that this was an anti-GG move? We sure it wasn't just someone trying to piss people off?)

Random Gamer

Sep 8, 2014
MarsAtlas said:
Douchebag who brought down the site is douchebag and is only representative of themselves regarding GamerGate and how people react to it. Can we all agree on that point before we start accusing sides without any evidence whatsoever (because there currently isn't any evidence whatsoever).
Yup.
BobDobolina might be quite right that this could come from current 4chan, since there's been serious infighting and purges against GG threads/posters these last days. Some there might have gone slightly overboard and decided to go after a few places where ex-4chan people took refuge - on the other hand, did 8chan get hit at all?

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
"Well my account has just about no information on it, and I haven't posted in any GG threads at all - so I think I'm safe" he said calmly as the hacker sneaked up behind him with a knife.

*turns around suspiciously*

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
erttheking said:
Witty Name Here said:
BobDobolina said:
Witty Name Here said:
To anyone curious.
It goes even deeper. The "hardware failure" explanation was planted on the Escapist's twitter by the Illuminati. They've been behind the SJW agenda all along. The Shriners and the Reptoids from Zeta Reticuli are in on it too. No one is safe.
Archon confirmed that it's a DDoS attack. It's specifically going after the Gamergate thread.

You have no leg to stand on.

The simple fact of the matter is the world sees the Anti-GG types for what they are now. This hacking is because they disrespect the basic tenants of free speech. They hate, loathe, the loss of their control. They're desperate to silence the opposition and will use any means necessary to do so.

This is what the SJW side is truly like. This is what those who look at all the evidence and are still Anti-GG support.

Doxxing, Hacking, DDoS, these are the tools those who are against Gamergate. They can't win with logic. They can't win with the press. They're now trying (and failing) to win with borderline illegal methods and threatening those who support Gamergate into silence.
Yes, what happened here was pretty damn despicable. I'm still staying neutral in this whole mess though. Still way too much garbage going on on both sides. (Also, I have to say, are we certain that this was an anti-GG move? We sure it wasn't just someone trying to piss people off?)
I side with Jim, who sides with Ganondorf (Peace be upon Him) - The person who hacked represents only the person who hacked. We cannot currently say more.

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
erttheking said:
For most, it was probably just an inconvenience, granted not exactly a small one. It may very well have been worse if attempts were made to attack certain users or content producers and even worse if some were/will be successful. We still don't know who did it, whether they were a small/large group or individual or what their intentions were or anything really. I'm actually beginning to think this may just be the pissed off option, mostly because I can't really assume a person was dumb enough to do this while having an agenda.

Mouser_House

Sep 17, 2014
MarsAtlas said:
Douchebag who brought down the site is douchebag and is only representative of themselves regarding GamerGate and how people react to it. Can we all agree on that point before we start accusing sides without any evidence whatsoever (because there currently isn't any evidence whatsoever).
I'm pro-GG and I think this kind of desperate attempt to silence the discussion at this point in time is too crazy to be true. I'm just kind of dumbfounded. I was just about to enter some of the "neutral grounds" threads and see how much our image still sucks.

It might be someone having a laugh, or trying to get revenge for something.

However, we also know that pro-GG are getting doxxed on twitter and receiving threats. The guy who started Notyourshield got fired because someone called his boss, supposedly with doxxed info.

TFYC got attacked by a hacking attempt. For the second time.

There are also rumors going around that moot wants to sell 4chan and that he's going to rule with an iron fist from now on.

There's a lot of paranoia going around on both sides it seems. Things are getting out of hand. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go fold a tinfoil hat.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010

Seriously though, whoever did this, no matter what "side" of this mess they're on, is a shitlord.

And since, we're back up, y'all know what time it is.

[sub]Seriously though, good work Kross and the Tech Team :D[/sub]

WhiteNachos

Jul 25, 2014
Witty Name Here said:
This is the same logic used to dismiss GG as misogynists.