Well, this sucks.

CaptainKoala

Elite Member
May 23, 2010
Last Friday night some d-bag friend of mine pushed me into a wall playing basketball and broke my wrist. Now I have a paper due tomorrow :mad:

For discussion, what are some injuries that you have had and how did they adversely affect you?

EDIT: And I'm in two bands, they'll be screwed for a couple of weeks without their drummer.

White_Hawk

Oct 22, 2010
i have only been to hospital once, to fix the nose i broke 3 times befor hand but i have never been effected by an injurie, nope.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I had the top of my middle finger chopped off by a door when I was 5.

They were able to reattach it, but I wasn't able to suck on it for atleast a month.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
i have ear infection in both ears right now, and it hurts so bad that i cant sleep, i have been awake for 43 hours and my eyes are hurting but every time i try and fall asleep the pain in my ears keep me from the sweet, sweet sleep.

also can you just write it on the pc or get an extension due to the circumstances?

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
3 concussions and 4 times I split my head open. But no MAJOR damage just a little loss of memory.

And I would kidnap that "friends" parents and hold them hostage until he completes some tests to make sure he is worth the wasted air. Or you can break his wrist and nose when you feel better. Or you can pee in his drink. Revenge.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
When I was in the 2nd grade, I had the opportunity to go to Turkey with my family to attend the wedding of one of our good friends. My mom was going to be the matron of honor, my brother the ring bearer, and myself the flower girl. A month before we were supposed to go, I fractured both of the bones in my right wrist whilst running to my room to get something. Somehow, I was supposed to toss flowers in a hard cast.

Literally the DAY we're going to head to the airport to catch our flight, we went to the doctor's office and get the hard cast replaced with a removable one with velcro straps. It worked and we were able to remove it during the ceremony, but MAN did that thing smell horrible. I had little mold balls developing between my fingers like belly button lint from the moisture caught inside. I was blowing into it constantly to try and dry it out, but nothing worked. Finally we got home and just threw the thing away.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
A large piece of glass once broke in my hand, couldn't use it for like a week.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
The store I was working at got held up and the guy shot me in the leg.
In terms of accidents, I've broken both my legs twice, my ankle twice, torn my achilles tendon, broken my wrist, and gotten 2 concussions.
Overall, though, none of them have had that big of an impact.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
Absolutely nothing. I think the worst I've ever had was bad bruising on my right arm that had it in a sling for 2-3 days, and a chipped front tooth. That's really all I've got. Weird 'casue I'm quite fragile as people go.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Broke my nose, couldn't breathe until the operation.

Cracked my knee, never got it checked, so now I can't run and I limp when I walk.

Cut half my thumb of when playing with a razor.

Jumped off the top of a double decker bed and cracked my skull when I thought I could fly.[sub] shut up, I was 8[/sub]

Ran smack into a metal sign, clipped my ear and almost tore it off. Luckily it didn't, wearing glasses would have been a pain.

CaptainKoala

Elite Member
May 23, 2010
Swaki said:
i have ear infection in both ears right now, and it hurts so bad that i cant sleep, i have been awake for 43 hours and my eyes are hurting but every time i try and fall asleep the pain in my ears keep me from the sweet, sweet sleep.

also can you just write it on the pc or get an extension due to the circumstances?
I can type it on PC, but my words per minute are like a third of what it was before because of this huge bulky splint. I can more than likely get an extension.

Also, that sucks balls. Can you get something to help you sleep from a doctor, or something for the pain?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Swaki said:
You have my sympathy: I know what it's like to be sleep depraved because of an injury. A long time ago I had a scalp infection which made it impossible for me to lay my head down. What a fucking nightmare that was.

I hope you'll get some well deserved rest.

movienut

Nov 5, 2010
Swaki said:

2 days is a long time for the pain to be that bad from an infection. Have you gone to the doctor yet? Could you call them and ask for some ideas to control the pain?

I feel for you. I had chronic infections as a kid and they are not fun. A hot water bottle (or heating pad) on my ear helped if you want to try that.

Simple Bluff

Dec 30, 2009
One day, it was raining heavily so we had nothing else to do but sit in his room and play video games - well, I played videogames, he was smoking the wacky tabacky (I'm not into it myself - not that I have anything against it). After an hour the room was engulfed in foul smelling smoke, and I could barely breathe. Also, I was starting to get a bit woozy from inhaling the stuff. I had to leave the room and have a drink of water - so I immediatly headed to the bathroom to drink from the tap.

In my haste, I drank from the hot water tap rather than the cold water - and let me tell you, it was f***ing scolding. My upper lip and tongue swelled rapidly and stayed that way for a week - my friend thought it was very hilarious. I did too, after a while.

The kicker? It was my 16th birthday.

adakias

Jul 15, 2010
A nail cut through my knee when I was about 8. That was probably the most painful.

The most inconvenient "injury" was when I played piano from 7 AM to 11 PM one day with only one break of about five minutes. By the last hour, almost all of my fingers (and my left wrist) were sprained and red and blistered. I couldn't do anything the next day.

CaptainKoala

Elite Member
May 23, 2010
adakias said:
A nail cut through my knee when I was about 8. That was probably the most painful.

The most inconvenient "injury" was when I played piano from 7 AM to 11 PM one day with only one break of about five minutes. By the last hour, almost all of my fingers (and my left wrist) were sprained and red and blistered. I couldn't do anything the next day.
Why on earth were you playing so long?

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
Radeonx said:
The store I was working at got held up and the guy shot me in the leg.
In terms of accidents, I've broken both my legs twice, my ankle twice, torn my achilles tendon, broken my wrist, and gotten 2 concussions.
Overall, though, none of them have had that big of an impact.
Jeebus, I've always been curious. What was it like (besides the obvious) and what damage did it do? Also, what was the recovery like and what did it require?

OT: I destroyed my ankle in June and still haven't recovered. I almost had to get it lopped off but some tugging and pulling and surgery got it straighten out. I just started walking again and with some Physical Therapy, it should be back to normal.

I'm a bartender and this has kept me out of work for sometime. Being beyond poor is no fun.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
gamerguy473 said:
I can type it on PC, but my words per minute are like a third of what it was before because of this huge bulky splint. I can more than likely get an extension.

Also, that sucks balls. Can you get something to help you sleep from a doctor, or something for the pain?
oh yeah, im so used to writing with one hand my now i forgot that it would be a significant handicap for most people, oh and and im not referring to masturbation im a heavy smoker to say the least, and i hope you get the extension and use it wisely *strict face*.

and i appreciate your concern, i have a appointment with my doctor Tuesday evening.

Casual Shinji said:
You have my sympathy: I know what it's like to be sleep depraved because of an injury. A long time ago I had a scalp infection which made it impossible for me to lay my head down. What a fucking nightmare that was.

I hope you'll get some well deserved rest.
thanks man, i assume that sooner or later i will "pass out", but its weird, i have never been awake for so long, i dont get why people stay up so long voluntarily.

Squarez

Apr 17, 2009
spartan1077 said:
3 concussions and 4 times I split my head open. But no MAJOR damage just a little loss of memory.

And I would kidnap that "friends" parents and hold them hostage until he completes some tests to make sure he is worth the wasted air. Or you can break his wrist and nose when you feel better. Or you can pee in his drink. Revenge.
Or break into his house and pee in his toilet and don't flush it.

Then pee in the cistern so that when he flushes it, more pee comes out.

Ultimate revenge.