Were you a vampire in Oblivion?

Kausill

May 23, 2010
I used a console command to revert me back, and then reloaded a save from before I was a vampire and then going to back to after I'd been cured to get rid of my ugly default Breton face and get back my awesome one.

I did have one interesting experience where it was raining and the guards were chasing me because of my vampirism, while the sunlight was only barely breaking through the thick clouds and burning my character as he ran from the law.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Depends on my race and class I guess. I mean, if I'm playing a race that doesn't look like shit, and doing something like hand-to-hand, then sure, I'll go vamp. But I have a "Let's try a different race/build/class/etc" issue when I play games like oblivion or Dragon Age or Diablo 2, so the limitations of vampirism just make my "New Game!!!" mentality come that much sooner.

EDIT:
TheJulz said:
stinkychops said:
legion431 said:
I hated it, it really ruined the game for me. That, and trying to join the mages guild.
Wow, we're the same person.
Oh man, there's three of us.
Four.

snowman6251

Nov 9, 2009
Not only was I a vampire but the quest to cure myself was glitched with no way to fix it. The woman wouldn't accept my bloodgrass. I learned to deal with it. God knows how many times I sucked the blood of the prophet camping out on the streets outside my house.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
I wanted to but decided it was far too much trouble for what it was worth, I really hope theres Lycanthropy in Skyrim though :D I will be all over that, one thing though, aside from probably nto being able to talk to people, what would be the downsides of being a lycan?

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Biosophilogical said:
EDIT:
TheJulz said:
stinkychops said:
legion431 said:
I hated it, it really ruined the game for me. That, and trying to join the mages guild.
Wow, we're the same person.
Oh man, there's three of us.
Four.
Goddamn you people, get out of my head.

I went werewolf in Bloodmoon, that's the only time I've ever enjoyed playing a 'supernatural' being in both Morrowind and Oblivion.

Jekken6

Aug 19, 2009
I did it once as an Argonian on the PS3 version. Accidentally went outside during the day and my guy was just lying there in the sunlight. The sunlight doesn't necessarily kill you, but you can't fucking do anything.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
Tried it once. Hated it. It isnt fun and the "benefits" you get I usually already have. I usually play a spellsword with the alteration skill and im always a khajiit so I already have nighteye.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Who do u think you a town guard.

But yes i was a vampire i was Once Bitten twice Shy

i ended up biting every one is Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves guilds

IzisviAziria

Nov 9, 2008
I was a vampire, but not by choice. I had the PS3 version, with the bloodgrass bug, so I couldn't get rid of it once acquired. It's actually quite irritating having to constantly find somebody to feed from. The perks are pretty nice, but certainly not worth the hassle.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Yeah i was, then when doing the quest to cure it, i couldn't find the 5 empty grand soul gems so i was kinda stuck with it.

Never became one in any of my other playthroughs

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
I found that vampire abilities fit perfectly into Dark Brotherhood activities, but other than that, I missed Hircine's gift. It was like nocturnal's mask, but with more superpowers.

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
I enjoyed the short comings of becoming a vampire, it IS a curse. It made the completion of the vamp quest and obtaining the cure more personal, I felt like all the shitty things about being a vamp I could overcome...and I felt victorious and it was a relief.

Worse thing about being a vampire? If your outside at night and use the Wait function, if the duration takes you to daylight hours your instantly crisped, an automatic cut-off when damage is taken would've been nice.

Avisell

Jan 19, 2011
yes, by accident, and yes it sucked, pardon the pun. the super amazing vampire powers wern't worth the hastle of running around finding things for some old woman, during the nightime where you cant see the items your looking for. it was a shame, why couldn't i twinkle like r.patts in Twilight. JK that films the equivilant to the task of finding the vamp cure.

Wondermint13

Oct 2, 2010
Yeh, I became a Vampire, thinking it was all cool and awsome and like so gothic.. But God it pissed the living hell out of me. I just felt like I was looking after a f***ing baby. A very ugly baby! Oooh... the sun is coming up, time to come inside and watch while all your non-vampire NPC friends play and quest without you.
So I got bored and frustrated reaaaaly quickly. And if you do change your mind and want to go back to not being a vampire, the quest for the cure is long, boring and full of pointless royal lore... Yawn......

DeathChairOfHell

Dec 31, 2009
i did it, then i realized: "HEY, THERE'S NO CURE BECAUSE OF A GLITCH! AWESOME" then i replayed and killed that vincente with pleasure