Westboro Baptist Church, Wikileaks Troll Steve Jobs' Death

AngelSephy

Jun 28, 2011
xitel said:
God created the iPhone. The iPhone was created by Apple. Thus, we can assume that according to the WBC, Apple is God. Now, Steve Jobs was the creator of Apple. Thus, if Apple is God, then Steve Jobs created God, thus making him a step higher than God. WBC is protesting against Steve Jobs. meaning that WBC is protesting against the man who created God. Logic. It just... it doesn't work with WBC. It can't.
That actually just made my head hurt more.

But then again, I gave up trying to understand WBC's logic for things a loooooong time ago.

The Wikileaks thing doesn't even bug me. I wasn't a huge fan of Steve Jobs myself. And while it's kind of dick-ish to publish a fake medical report, it's not the worst thing the internet has done.

Kristina.K.

Jul 12, 2011
I should probably spin that and make a joke about her admitting that Steve Jobs is God. :p
Though someone has probably done that already.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
silversnake4133 said:
I think it would be hilarious if someone dressed up as "God" and picketed one of the WBC's pickets. It'd be a Troll-ception, not only that but that guy would become the next internet hero.
This is brilliant; I'm going to do that if they ever invade my city again. Just a white robe and a long beard and a sign that says "Hi, I actually don't give a shit. Keep doin' what you do"

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
SidingWithTheEnemy said:
A Relgious "Faction" actually hurting someone else feelings?
Wow, I'm ... that's...

Can we forbid that church now? Please...
Oh I forgot, sorry, no we can't because it's America and the have this "religous freedom thing"
So gaming should become an official religion, then - so nobody can forbid games and our places of worship. Our altar and temples we are praying to every day. It's not that games don't have enough zealots, biggots and fanatics needed for any "proper" religion.

On Topic:
They were probably only just very very envious that poor Mr. Jobs (may God or whoever rest his soul) had a larger fanbase and more worshippers than they did. It's just a shame that good ole jealousy is just a bad sin in their own religion so they can go to their hell as fast as they please...
We have a holiday does that count?

OT: As much as I dislike Apple, I had no problem with Steve Jobs, and this is such an awful thing to do right after the guys death

VGC USpartan VS

Feb 14, 2011
Gentlemen.

As composed as I usually am, I think it's about time we give Westboro a little machine gun justice.

...and give Julian a good puch to the stomach.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
It's one hell of a troll when even troll logic fails to explain their actions. It kinda makes you wonder if it really is all just the most dedicated troll or if they've really been completely brainwashed into such stupidity.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Can someone just put a sign in from of WBC that says "Don't Feed the Trolls." I'm certain the city would allow a permit as long as it isn't on their property. If their free speech is protected, why can't ours?

And cant we exile them already? They have done nothing but piss off america and have shown no respect for the office of the President, fallen soldiers, 9/11 first responders, etc. Really they are a terrorist group since all they do is agressive and done to incite fear among the people. It is clear that they don't like America, and America doesn't like them. Lets exile them. They don't have to deal with us, we don't have to deal with them; everyone wins.

It is better than the alternative.

Matthew 18:6

"But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

Multiple people from the WBC have left the church and the WBC believes that by leaving they shall be sent to hell. The letter of the bible is clear. The WBC caused their own children to stumble and according to them those kids are destined to hell. As a society we are to hang large millstones around their necks of the WBC and drown them in the ocean. That fate is kinder than what they can expect in the afterlife.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I'm not surprised by the WBC. At all. That's probably sad. I don't like what they plan to do, and I didn't expect it, but this isn't shocking. It's just WBC being the biggest trolls in the nation. As usual.

As for Assange, I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt here, but unless he denounces the release of the fake report, I'm gonna accept that he did it or approved it.

Cpu46 said:
imnotparanoid said:
Right enough of this shit.

Forced euthenasia anyone?
Better Idea! Form a crazed mob with torches, shotguns, and pitchforks.
I mean the KKK run counterprotests and Hells Angels shield the families of solders from them. I think it is safe to say that nobody would miss them at all. I'm surprised that nobody has tried to do anything to them.
Okay, I knew that the Hells Angels had counter-protested them, but I am surprised that the KKK has. I think that's about the point where I'd stop to re-evaluate what I was doing.

-|-

Aug 28, 2010
Is this wikileaks thing new? Wasn't this originally leaked in 2009 and wikileaks said that it was probably fake at the time.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I just had a great idea for a counter-protest to the WBC. Mrs Phelps has around 11 kids, right? At least one of them has to be 18 or older. So, if she takes that kid with her, you go up and kiss him/her. Better if its a same sex kiss, but hetero would be fine. Failing one of her 18 year old children being there, just kiss one of the protesters. You might wanna prepare mouthwash, though.

It might not be legal in all honesty, but I think people would love you for it.

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
*sigh* oh, WBC. You crazy bastards. I can't even get mad about them anymore because... I don't know, things get so silly sometimes that I just can't help but feel like we're all being trolled, you know? It's just too ridiculous to be true sometimes.

Also, I'm not sure how Steve Jobs "taught sin."

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
This is either:

A) Blatant trolling of a persons death (For the record I believe every death should be treated with respect, regardless of who they are or how you feel)

B) People being huge idiots and NOT realizing it.

Either way it's disgraceful and deserves a facepalm of biblical proportions.

snfonseka

Oct 13, 2010
xitel said:
After several people pointed out the irony of using the product created by the same man she was damning, Phelps responded, "Rebels mad cuz I used iPhone to tell you Steve Jobs is in hell. God created iPhone for that purpose! :)"
God created the iPhone. The iPhone was created by Apple. Thus, we can assume that according to the WBC, Apple is God. Now, Steve Jobs was the creator of Apple. Thus, if Apple is God, then Steve Jobs created God, thus making him a step higher than God. WBC is protesting against Steve Jobs. meaning that WBC is protesting against the man who created God. Logic. It just... it doesn't work with WBC. It can't.
WBC is secretly working with Satan. They are doing a deep undercover assignment for Satan. :) Anyway what the f*ck wrong with Assange?

Hawgh

Dec 24, 2007
Crazies gonna craze.

But via the iPhone. That's just so deliciously idiotic that I don't know what to say.
Perhaps we could reanimate mr. Jobs and tell him. Then he could die of laughter, which would probably be a nicer way to go.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Dammit news, why do you drive me to drink so early in the day...

Clearly just looking for attention. The entire point of the WBC is attention. They believe that they must preach their severely fucked-up God's teachings as loud as they can for everyone to hear. A large part of their faith is literally just telling everyone they're damned. Thus, going after Jobs is nothing but an attention grab (even if that neuroscience study said that Apple fanboys have the same brain chemistry reactions as religious people haha).

Saltyk said:
I'm not surprised by the WBC. At all. That's probably sad. I don't like what they plan to do, and I didn't expect it, but this isn't shocking. It's just WBC being the biggest trolls in the nation. As usual.

As for Assange, I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt here, but unless he denounces the release of the fake report, I'm gonna accept that he did it or approved it.

Cpu46 said:
imnotparanoid said:
Right enough of this shit.

Forced euthenasia anyone?
Better Idea! Form a crazed mob with torches, shotguns, and pitchforks.
I mean the KKK run counterprotests and Hells Angels shield the families of solders from them. I think it is safe to say that nobody would miss them at all. I'm surprised that nobody has tried to do anything to them.
Okay, I knew that the Hells Angels had counter-protested them, but I am surprised that the KKK has. I think that's about the point where I'd stop to re-evaluate what I was doing.
The KKK likes the current wars and 'supports the troops' (i.e. the white ones), which puts them at odds with the WBC's habit of protesting at military funerals.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
soulfire130 said:
captaincabbage said:
Okay, I've just come back from suspension, but I am willing to say this at the risk of being banned.

I honestly hope that a riot breaks out at Steve's funeral. I hope this so that WBC can have the shit kicked out of them, because they are fucktards.

That is all.
What would be more awesome is that the leader of WBC dies and people picket his funeral. That would very sweet irony.
I would honestly picket that with a big sign that says "Where's your pancake mix now!??"

Darius Brogan

Apr 28, 2010
After several people pointed out the irony of using the product created by the same man she was damning, Phelps responded, "Rebels mad cuz I used iPhone to tell you Steve Jobs is in hell. God created iPhone for that purpose! :)"
Hahaha, that's funny. 'God created iPhone for that purpose'
Doesn't that mean that God was working directly through the Apple Company? Making it the equivalent of a Holy Institution?
Doesn't that mean that damning the man in charge of said company is going directly against Gods will?
Doesn't that mean you're all going to Hell as well? Given that you, evidently, have no respect for the God you so 'devoutly' follow?

Steve Jobs could be in Hell for a million different reasons, according to the Bible, but given that God evidently worked directly through him to create the iPhone, he's certainly not in hell for being CEO of Apple.

Marudas

Jul 8, 2010
Not bad Christians, bad people. Period.

The only appropriate response to this (Since we're not allowed to hurl them into the sun) is to ignore it completely. Westboro long ago found out that being radical and hateful gets the attention they need. Whether or not these people are as insanely mad as they appear to be is yet to be determined, but the most productive thing you can do is pretend they don't even exist.