Westboro Baptist Church, Wikileaks Troll Steve Jobs' Death

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
It's like the Westboro's real message is 'We really regret the New Testament.'

Seriously... WBC. JEWS don't take Leveticus that seriously and it's THEIR BOOK!

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I think we should fallow Westboro's preaching...

[HEADING=1]AND GO OLD TESTIMATE ON THEIR ASSES. TORCH EVERY ONE OF THOSE FUCKERS, SAVING PHELPS FOR LAST![/HEADING]​

*clears throat*

My apologizes. Westboro brings out the worst parts of me...

pyrokin

May 13, 2011
theriddlen said:
The best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them. Don't post news. Don't post any more comments. Let this attempt to anger you slip by unnoticed.
What attempt? :3

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
A bit distastefull really.

What was it that church always taught me about the dead?
Ohright, let them be -.-

C. Cain

Oct 3, 2011
K4RN4GE911 said:
C. Cain said:
That's rather tasteless. I'd be a lot more outraged if it wasn't for the delicious irony.
Dude, your avatar says everything about this.

Seriously though, why are people assholes? Isn't the world in bad enough shape without sixty percent of the population being a bunch of insensitive fucks?

Ok, rant over. You can return to your desks.
Misguidance, gullibility, irrational fear of an allegedly higher power, indoctrination and the lack any sort of social in-group repercussions? It's "Us-vs-Them"; they can easily hide behind online accounts (like most run-of-the-mill internet trolls do). Or they form large faceless groups with the other religious fanatics they chose to mingle with.

Your average social code of conduct doesn't apply either way. At least between groups. Inside their own little group they are still bound by social graces.

That's my take on it.

hooby

Aug 18, 2008
People who suggest that HIV is not a real illness (like cancer) shows a complete lack of respect for all those people suffering from that deadly disease.

Now it's up to the reader to decide what it worse:
Showing utter disrespect for Steve Jobs, or showing utter disrespect for many thousands of deadly ill people with no hope of a cure.

Either way:
Way to go escapist!

As someone who had cancer in his childhood, I really don't think my illness was more real than that of all those dying from HIV.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
"after he passed away from a real illness like cancer"

Was probably not the best wording ever.

If you quote the Bible at WBC they just refuse to respond which is annoying because you'd at least hope they weren't aware of their own hypocrisy.

Poor taste on the wikileaks front. Not how a guy whose been sheltered by other people should be acting but I guess some people are like that

EDIT:
hooby said:
People who suggest that HIV is not a real illness (like cancer) shows a complete lack of respect for all those people suffering from that deadly disease.

Now it's up to the reader to decide what it worse:
Showing utter disrespect for Steve Jobs, or showing utter disrespect for many thousands of deadly ill people with no hope of a cure.

Either way:
Way to go escapist!

As someone who had cancer in his childhood, I really don't think my illness was more real than that of all those dying from HIV.
I suspect it was badly worded (ie not real as in he didn't have it) than malicious

Capslockbroken

Oct 25, 2010
I can't imagine why having members of that "church" act like uberschmucks is considered newsworthy. The only thing necessary to fight these peckerheads is to ignore their dumb asses.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
The WBC stuff is not suprising.

What suprises me is how many people doesn't know that Assange is a total asshole. After he was arrested for the rape thing he made a lot of claims that swedish courts were corrupted and biased and whatever. Despite knowing nothing about the subject and totally disregarding that sweden is consistently rated high when it comes to security in the judicial system.

Also, watch an interview with him. Makes the skin crawl.

Khada

Night Angel
Jan 8, 2009
I don't understand why people love Steve Jobs so much. I could be mistaken, but as far as I know he hasn't done anything commemorable. Building a successful business can be just as evil as it can be good. What matters is what you do with the power/money. I know of nothing I would class as good that Steve Jobs did during his life. Correct me if I'm wrong.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Khada said:
I don't understand why people love Steve Jobs so much. I could be mistaken, but as far as I know he hasn't done anything commemorable. Building a successful business can be just as evil as it can be good. What matters is what you do with the power/money. I know of nothing I would class as good that Steve Jobs did during his life. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm not a big fan but most people think he's a 'visionary' and rightly so, think how much apple has effected the world.

Khada

Night Angel
Jan 8, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
Khada said:
I'm not a big fan but most people think he's a 'visionary' and rightly so, think how much apple has effected the world.
Sure, but affecting the world isn't an inherently good act. What directly good effect has the man had on the world?

InfiniteSingularity

Apr 9, 2010
That's fucking disgraceful. Ruining a sacred ceremony for loved ones to say goodbye to the deceased?

And with the Assange thing, if he didn't know whether or not they were genuine then what's the harm in posting them anyway? It's not disrespectful, it's just ignorant.