Westboro Baptist Church, Wikileaks Troll Steve Jobs' Death

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
WBC wants attention. The best way to get rid of them is if we completely ignore them. They were protesting at the school where I work (one of the buildings we use is also a Jewish Y). They WANT people to yell at them because it'll give them more attention. THEY want people to inflict violence on them because then they can sue. If we want them to go away, we need to start pretending they don't exist.

zf6hellion

Dec 24, 2009
I'm sure plenty of people have said it by now, but hey it never hurts to say it again. If God invented the iPhone don't that make Jobs God? Or Jesus if we count the inventor of the telephone as God.

cbert

Apr 1, 2011
AAAAAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA H-

but seriously, my condolences to S. Jobs' family, and many respects to a pioneer.

Mysticgamer

Apr 14, 2009
Sparrow said:
I hate people some times. Sure, I wasn't a fan of Jobs, but he's freaking dead you heartless asshats.
Yeah, I feel the same way but to show up at a man's funeral just to piss on his grave is disgusting!

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
good grief not these trolls again

not giving God glory (or anything positive) by picketing!

Calvar Draveir

Feb 10, 2010
duchaked said:
good grief not these trolls again

not giving God glory (or anything positive) by picketing!
Seriously. If a Christian knows that someone didn't die a Christian, they should not mock them after death, they should mourn them. Westborough doesn't seem to have noticed that part of their own faith.

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
When idiots on the intertubes got your blood in a boil,
Trashing other people's hard work and toil,
They're acting like gits,
On the dead, they're practically taking shits,
It almost makes you want to fry them in motor oil

What do you do in a situation such as this?
Do you tell them to walk off a cliff into an abyss?
NO it only makes their trolling stronger,
And makes them do it longer,
Pretty soon you want to make their heads look like cheese that is Swiss

Stop what you're doing, don't try to reason with them,
Because pretty soon, you want to stab your own brain stem,
Just ignore them, for fucks sake,
Don't threaten to feed them poisoned cake,
Or make them bathe in rotten phlegm

You see, that's how trolls feed
They use backwards logic bad enough to make your brain bleed
In an attempt to get attention
They put niceness in cryogenic suspension
Because to live attention is what trolls need

So please, if you should come across a troll,
Don't tell it to swallow a *censored* whole,
Just leave it alone,
It's just a mindless drone,
That really needs to learn some self-control.

hooksashands

Apr 11, 2010
No more free publicity for those simpletons, please. Just start removing all mention of them from this site. I'm tired of hearing about the Phelps' family, I'm tired of them making global headlines, I'm tired of them shitting all over the reputation of the United States' real conservatives, real churches and real pastors.

R.I.P Steve, hope you're in App Heaven.

ADDLibrarian

May 25, 2008
lockgar said:
You see, what you should have done, is not report on the Westboro Baptist Church. Since that is giving them the free publicity to be any actual annoyance. Don't feed the trolls?
Agreed. Move along folks- tired of seeing these morons. Then again, me posting and bringing this up to the top of the threads is probably part of the problem.
*moves along, goes to watch more ZP*

trophykiller

Jul 23, 2010
twistedheat15 said:
Can we stop just talking about wbc protestes and start posting snipers at any location they think of coming too? Ppl that stupid shouldn't be getting attention, they should be getting .50 incineration rounds to the face.
That's a great idea for a thread. What would you kill the WBC with, if it were legal?

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
Bento Box said:
Khada said:
Aeshi said:
Khada said:
I didn't mean to be aggressive towards you at all. Just asking :)
I did some research after my post and found out that Mr Jobs was pretty much against acts of philanthropy and never bothered to do anything with his money/power. I don't mean to disrespect the dead, but I do not morn his passing. I simply can't bring myself to think much of someone who finds him/her-self in such an awesome position to do good in a world that desperately needs it and yet does nothing, even with their impeding demise known to be on the near horizon.
Why should he have done that? so the masses can go "oh it's just a PR stunt that doesn't count" and then go right back to bashing him?
Perhaps the question is should he care what some select people say if he knows he is doing a good thing? It would be a far cry better than doing nothing with a greater spendable wealth than the county he lived in.
See, I agree with the cynical angle that Aeishi took - after all, Bill Gates gives MIIIIIIIIIILLIONS to charity, and he still gets flak, just for being wealthy. What Jobs dis with his money, was his business. IT doesn't make him a worse person than Bill Gates.

It just makes Bill Gates a better person than Steve Jobs.
One thing that is important to note is that Steve Job's salary was only $1. Another thing to note is that Jobs is very private about his personal life, and there have been many rumors about large donations he has made. Both men have done amazing things for humanity. Bill Gates has made some amazing progress in eradicating diseases in impoverished areas, and improving education, but without Steve we wouldn't have most of the advancements that have come to define our entire generations technological achievements. Both men will be remembered for thousands of years, for different reasons.

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
Zing said:
Assange could lose a lot of support with stupid moves like that. :\

I'd also like to point out something else with the WBC thing, God didn't create the iPhone...Steve Jobs did.
Meh same thing.

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
Awexsome said:
It's one hell of a troll when even troll logic fails to explain their actions. It kinda makes you wonder if it really is all just the most dedicated troll or if they've really been completely brainwashed into such stupidity.
It's almost like they upgraded to vista...

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
SelectivelyEvil13 said:
WBC: Have some godammned respect, a man just died and all you can think about is spouting off bigotry. I can't wait to protest their funerals, and you can damn well bet there will be nightly return visits involving flaming bags of dog excrement.

"Rebels mad cuz I used iPhone to tell you Steve Jobs is in hell. God created iPhone for that purpose! :)"
And so it became, the Westoboro Lunatic's iPhone broke, if not before releasing hundreds of compromising digital photos contradicting every view espoused by the villian. - The New Fuctimus Westborus Testament

Who the hell are the "rebels" being referred to, anyway? Last time I checked, the WBC is rebelling against the realms of sanity and decency.

Honestly, is religious persecution that wrong in a case when the religious cult in question is so agreeably bad?
You know, believe whatever the fuck you want, but when you want to cite a 2000 year old book in which the entire human race expands from two people, one of which is the rib of the other, and a 600 year old man fits billions of animals onto a boat that he and his family built, and keeps them alive there until the flood of water that simply materialized in an amount capable of covering the entire earth has subsided as a reason to picket peoples funerals goes beyond any definition of insanity we have. Especially when the people they are picketing are decent, hard working individuals who simply didn't play into the vision of the world they saw.

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
enzilewulf said:
I know that they are attention seeking ass holes and I am just giving them what they want, but can some one please just kill them all ready? Come on it will be a honest "mistake". In fact lets just get one of those Toyota's with faulty breaks.
Lets just let them drive millions of cars on the off chance that they get one of the 5 or 6 that were faulty. There has to be a more efficient way to do this.

flatten_the_skyline

Jul 21, 2009
twistedheat15 said:
Can we stop just talking about wbc protestes and start posting snipers at any location they think of coming too? Ppl that stupid shouldn't be getting attention, they should be getting .50 incineration rounds to the face.
As tempting as it sounds, I'm afraid you'd only create a martyr, followed by more zealots. Isnt that what christianity was all about in the old days?

I like it how other groups gave Jobs respect, though they might not have gotten along too well while he was alive. I really like this greenpeace blogpost about him...

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/news/Blogs/Cool-IT/steve-jobs-a-worthy-opponent-a-valuable-ally/blog/37215/

I mean, seriously, like his tech or not, we all have to agree that he was brilliant at what he did, and a great source of innovation for the whole industry.