We've Been Named a North Carolina "Company to Watch"

SoxFan96

Mar 16, 2010
Congratulations!

I would leave it at that but that would be considered low content...
So, instead I will tell you that you are all awesome and deserve a medal, or a cookie. Whichever you would prefer.

But seriously, congratulations. You all deserve it for the work you put into the site.

SeanTheSheep

Jun 23, 2009
Furburt said:
I thought when you said "Company to watch" I thought you meant in the McCarthy/Terrorism sense of the word.
Yeah, I thought that at first glance too, but all is well now.

OT: Conga-ratulations Themis, though I still see you as an oppressive force for some reason.
Kind of like an Evil Gigantic Corporation-y thing, and I don't like them, but they've brought us the escapist, so I really can't complain if they start sucking our brains throught tubes. If it means we get ZP, Unskippable and all of the other videos and articles every week, I'll put up with it.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
John Funk said:
zHellas said:
...REALLY weird to see my state in the news. Especially when dealing with the Escapist.
JRShield said:
I thought the escapist was Australian... :s
We're based out of Durham, NC.
And...?

You quoted me and answered the 2nd person's post but not mine. Just wondering why you quoted me.

Rucknar

Man of few words.
Jun 6, 2008
Congratulations to Themis Group. Hopefully this will guarantee the long life of the Escapist for many years to come.

Paddin

Sep 30, 2009
Be careful Escapist, it seems North Carolina knows of your army sized Nerf armoury...

Maybe North Carolina could be made to... disappear... under a hail of Nerf bullets.

Congratulations anyway

Coliumbos

Mar 15, 2010
Paragon Fury said:
For a second there I thought we'd been put on some kind of terrorist/criminal watch list.

That'll teach me to read more carefully.
After this morning's Nerf wars, I wouldn't have been surprised if that WAS the meaning of the article. :#:

(they'll take down our best men first... Private Yahtzee, Corporal Butts... And then the big ones)

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
Paddin said:
Be careful Escapist, it seems North Carolina knows of your army sized Nerf armoury...

Maybe North Carolina could be made to... disappear... under a hail of Nerf bullets.
But then where would they work?

OANST said:
Nobody cares.
Thank you for that.

Awesome job, guys! Keep making awesome things!

SeanTheSheep

Jun 23, 2009
Coliumbos said:
Paragon Fury said:
For a second there I thought we'd been put on some kind of terrorist/criminal watch list.

That'll teach me to read more carefully.
After this morning's Nerf wars, I wouldn't have been surprised if that WAS the meaning of the article. :#:

(they'll take down our best men first... Private Yahtzee, Corporal Butts... And then the big ones)
If Yahtzee is one of our best men, then why is he only a private?

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009

I'm disappointed in you, escapists. To let a meme this obvious go untouched for 25 posts.

For shame. For shame.

-m

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
I'm off to buy some stock in Themis media.
I'll be richer than Scrooge McDuck, Now where did I put my monocle, top hat and pipe?

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Few awards seem on-target these days when awarded. But given the Escapist's original pitch and willingness to try what they have and thrive with it...being entrepenurial is definately spot-on and well deserved an award for you guys. Congrats! :)

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Going up in the world! Wewt wewt! Escapist should be number 1