We've Been Named a North Carolina "Company to Watch"

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Nice, now you are on the path to corruption and screwing over your users...erm the big time corporate world!

Lets hope you go big and take over more of the internet. I think this calls for a staff picture in the mr burns pose.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
Naturally I'm going to go for the impetuous route and start buying Themis stocks. If acting on impulse has gotten me this far...

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
In my haste, I read "We have been banned from North Carolina." Good thing that's not the case.

OT: Great job, guys, but I'm actually not surprised that you received this award. Now if you can move some place better, say, Northern Virginia, that would be perfect.

Apr 29, 2010
Aylaine said:
Congratulations guys! Russ, break out the champagne and bonus checks! :D

Strippers too?
Si si, we need zee strippers with their skimpy bikinis and implants.

Well, now that you've been named a North Carolina company to watch, there can be only one thing left. To become the company to watch. Then we shall conquer the world!

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
If I'd known you guys were based in North Carolina while I still lived there, I... well, I'd probably have moved out of the state anyway. But I'd have felt much worse about it!

[small]Seriously, I couldn't stand those 106-degree summers anymore. My car has no working air conditioner![/small]

Still, congratulations!

Spiner909 said:
I thought you meant like, government watch list.
They saw Ryan's Nerf arsenal on the last LRR and now they're watching for signs of a soft-foam insurrection.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
John Funk said:
Is Themis Group some company over you that also owns other stuff or just a company founded for the Escapist for some off reason such as tax benefits or something similar? I don't like the idea that somebody has the power to change the one relieable gaming site.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I think we need some truly under used words here. The escapist is Radical one could say ...tubular.

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
I hope this place doesn't get spoiled now more people might know more about it...

This place is like 4Chan for people aren't cunts.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
Furburt said:
I thought when you said "Company to watch" I thought you meant in the McCarthy/Terrorism sense of the word. Got me worried there.
What's with the McCarthy terrorism comment? This is a real question. What does it mean or what is it about?

My surname is McCarthy and I do remember once when I was about 10-11 I was pulled over at an airport because of my name and related to terroism (I was on the terrorist watch list they said 0_o). Is it blatently obvious or well known 'cause if it is I will feel dumb.

Oh and congrats to the Escapist and Themis. Nice work but you are just that awesome.

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
For a sec I thought "Company to Watch" meant, "Keep an eye on it, it might go berserk!"
Gratz!

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
Furburt said:
Banana Phone Man said:
Nah, when I say McCarthy, I'm referring to the senator Joseph McCarthy and the doctrine of McCarthyism. It's this paranoid anti-communist thing from the 50's, really radical and hateful.

When I say this is sort of like a McCarthy/Terrorist thing, I mean as in I thought that saying The Escapist is a company to watch sort of meant that the government was watching them at first.
Ahhh. McCarthyism. Isn't it nice to know that you are named after being accused of harsh and radical communism. Refreshing.

I read a little bit about it in my history class. (We were surposed to be doing WW2 but we seem to have done that subject so many times now it gets very grating) It's interesting stuff. Thanks for the information.

AmayaOnnaOtaku

The Babe with the Power
Mar 11, 2010
WTG guys give yourself a pat on the back.

and *ahem* if you need a DBA or an intern DBA hit me up