WH40K Tabletop Game

Insanity72

Feb 14, 2011
Hey Guys / Girls, i was just curious as to whether many people on the Escapist play the Tabletop version of Warhammer 40K.

If you do play, what race do you play (and why) and what team is your least favorite? (and why)

My favorite team at the moment is Chaos (MAIM, KILL, BURN!), I don't know what it is about them that i like, i suppose it's the fact that the are just as strong as normal Marines but look so much more Badass, plus i love Khorne Beserkers (Hence why my avatar is Kharn the Betrayer)

My least favorite team would have to be Necrons, They have just never had enough variety in units for me to get interested in.

Zomni42

Jul 22, 2008
I play, I play Necrons(admitting you have a problem...) CUZ THEY ARE UNDEAD ROBOT ZOMBIES. AND ARE AN ARMY OF TERMINATORS.

and I have an unfinished dark Eldar Army... cuz they are cool too.

Smurfs are dumb, but i have a few from when i started out.

I hate the IG and Tau cuz they kill my Tank(Monolith) with one go despite the lore. :/

MrPeanut

Jun 18, 2011
I play Chaos, Necrons and have been starting a Tyranid army

Why? I like the playstyle of the Necrons and Tyranids while Chaos has the most eye-candy (for me atleast :D

I despise regular Space Marines for being kinda bland compared to all the other races. I also dislike Dark Eldar due to their boring fluff.

chilly_05

Jun 15, 2011
I play Biel-Tan Craftworld Eldar because I am in love with all the Aspect Warriors, especially Striking Scorpions :3.

I have just started building a Night Lords army using the Blood Angels Codex because i wanted to do a full Assault Marine army. That and I have just finished reading Soul Hunter and Blood Reaver by Aaron Dembski-Bowden, which are awesome reads in my opinion.

I hate playing against Tyranids because off all the different sort of bugs you could come up against :mad:

Slaanesh

Aug 1, 2011
I really wish I was rich enough to play 40K...and have people around to play with...oh well. All I can do is read about the fluff and play Dawn of War.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Tyranids here.

Loved them since I had Space Hulk in the 80's. Over the years they have made so many additions to the Tyranid armies it's been fantastic. Well, to think we started out with only the Genestealer and now look.

I dislike the Tau and I have no idea why. The times i've gone up against someone with a Tau army have been no different than any other I just don't seem to have as much fun slaughtering Tau as I do any other race.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I used to, with a variety of (mostly unfinished) armies, until they dumbed the fluff way down.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
If they didn't want a kidney and an arm to play, I'd go with the Tau. I content myself with the books and video games.

Meredith999

Jul 24, 2011
I've got Necrons and Alaitoc Eldar.

It's nice to change from playing a fragile army with lots of choice to a tough army with hardly any choice and vice versa.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
chilly_05 said:
I play Biel-Tan Craftworld Eldar because I am in love with all the Aspect Warriors, especially Striking Scorpions :3.
Excellent taste, my good man! Five Scorpions charge aka 20 S4 attacks = you're dead!

I'm an Ulthwe player personally (loads of warlocks, plus a Jetbike Seer Council, very expensive, but a mech army's worst nightmare and dual Farseer HQ).

Otherwise, I play Spehz Muhreens as custom chapter with Emperor's Children colours and camp posing. Hurr hurr! Currently playing them with Blood Angel rules.

Also have Necron, Tau & Dark Eldar armies kicking about.

Really want to start a Sisters' army now that their new 'codex' has come out.

ShasOMiKael

Aug 2, 2011
For the Greater Good here!

Been playing Tau for about 2 years now. I have an unfinished Imp Guard army somewhere...

The race i dislike the most would have to be the Space Wolfs. Why? Because.

MartianWarMachine

Neon-pink cyber-kitty
Dec 10, 2010
I play Blood Angels, because I can make my entire army out of berserk, psychotic Death Company (Death Company Tycho HQ, Death Company squad, and a Death Company Dreadnought to make up the core unit choices), but I hadn't heard of the Iron Hand marines until after I already bought and assembled my Blood Angels...

My least favourite is the Tau, because they insta-kill my army before it can get close enough to do ANYTHING, and the Ultramarines, because they're self-righteous, arrogant bastards who need to be stripped of their flesh, and have their nerves stuffed into a blender with steel wool.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Paragon Fury said:
If they didn't want a kidney and an arm to play, I'd go with the Tau. I content myself with the books and video games.
Deathleaper said:
I really wish I was rich enough to play 40K...and have people around to play with...oh well. All I can do is read about the fluff and play Dawn of War.
Piecemeal some armies off of e-bay. If you save up some here and there, you can get very large armies for pretty damn cheap.

I haven't actually played a game in a while, but I have a few armies. Blood Angels, Iron Hands(both a conventional codex and a space wolves codex version), Orks, Chaos, Necrons, Eldar, and I'm working on IG and Dark Eldar at the moment. I don't particularly care for the Tau or the Tyrinads. I'm not even sure why, seeing as how the Tau are unique, and the Tyrinads at least look cool.

Kekkles

Feb 19, 2010
God damn the expenses of Warhammer 40K. I used to play Necrons as a kid but it's not exactly pocket-money play is it? I played for a bout a year before moving house, I didn't have a safe box to keep it in and now all my pieces are destroyed. Complete waste of time and money.

Though I do want to get back into it. But.. monehs I hasn't has.

Synyster

Madman with a laptop
Jul 20, 2011
I play Chaos, Night Lords. AVE DOMINUS NOX!
As such I love to use Raptors, however I used to play with World Eaters so i have a soft spot in my heart for the Blood God and Khorne Bezerkers

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
I've played it but at the moment, with the lack of space and players I don't tend to play it often. Erm I'm just boring o'l Ultramarines or Orcs. Was thinking of going Tau though when I can get back into it. Honestly, I prefer painting them that actually using them though... I think they look cool.

Would be nice to get playing again, even with some guys on here if you lived in the Barnsley area and knew a place with a nice big desk for a battlefield.