What are questions you are sick of people asking?

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
When I'm working:

Are you open? (I'm standing in front of the lane, and my lights on. So... no?)
Do you work here? (I'm wearing a nametag with the store name on it, and am in full uniform.)

Any other time:

Why don't you get contacts?

*takes off glasses*

God, you look weird without them.

I've worn glasses since 2nd grade, and am now 23... My close friends don't recognize me when I take them off most of the time.

Barziboy

Apr 14, 2009
My Personnal Favourites are ones that keep on Questioning peoples taste in films...especially ones like: What was the Saddest Film you've seen? (or some crappy variation of) and then creating some Stupid follow-up thread Detailing on What the Saddest part of the film that ranked highest on the previous thread was...

...I mean, what kind of sad, lonesome, depressive douche does this??

Oh, and what really gets to me is when people excessivly quote or reference Fight Club and have Unneccessary Capitalised Letters on Adjectives and Nouns. (Not so much a question but still ticks me off)

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
I work with district heating insulation, which means I work with a liquid petroleum gas heater, and I often get asked if I'm having a barbecue, if I'm a pyromaniac, if it isn't hot enough already (in the summer obviously) or "well, at least you don't need to freeze LOLOLOLROFL XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD" (guess when).
I swear to batman, I will light the next person who pulls a lame joke like that, or asks a question like one of the above on fire, and then I will dance the damn rain dance around their burning bodies.

No, I'm sane.

ScoopMeister

Mar 12, 2011
baconsarnie said:
Why don't you shave?
Anything along that line.
I like having a beard, get over it.
So you're Saruman, yes? Just zap them.

EDIT: Damnit! Ninja'd right at the last second!

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
Lawnmooer said:
"Are you okay?"

On its own, it's a fairly normal question, but after I answer it don't expect me to suddenly change my mind 10 fucking seconds later... Yes people ask me this every 10-20 seconds just because I'm out of breath after running to get into class before getting locked out.

"Are you on drugs/What drugs are you on?"

... I'm not on anything... Its warm I'm sweating because it's warm and my pupils dilate because of hypertension... Quit asking me if I'm on drugs. I get asked this every single day. Multiple times.

"Why arn't you buying anything?"

This is asked every time I go to mcdonalds with my friends (Which is every day that I'm in college) the reason I don't buy anything from there is because it gives me intesinal cramps and causes me to vomit...
Yes that's a ***** (2nd). When I quit school due to anxiety problems half the school thought I was on drugs. I also have a kind of Jack Sparrow swagger, so people think I'm drunk all the time (unless I'm drunk).

Can't eat at mcdonalds either. Luckily no friends of mine go there, and certainly not with me. I'd just go into a rant untill half the restaurant loses it's appetite :)

razor343

Sep 29, 2010
How do you spell your name?

I'm not even joking. I'm Polish see, so my name is spelled quite differently, as you can imagine. However my name just so happens to translate to 'Mike' hence that's what most people call me. And yet so many idiots manage to ask me time after time, How do you spell your name? My Polish one that is, but if you know what it is in English, why bother?

XIII's Number XIV

Not in here, you idiot!
Sep 14, 2009
"What's wrong/are you okay?"

This is because I don't talk much IRL. I'm really only trying to be polite and not run my mouth, but apparently people get concerned over my silence.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
are you really indian?
i know i look white but i am also half indian
India indian not native american indian yet another thing i must clarify when the question is asked
if you want to be exact half indian the other half is German irish

nothing else comes to mind

Killermud

Oct 6, 2010
How tall are you?

At first I didn't mind but whenever I meet someone new this is the first thing they ask, my name comes after of course, my height is more important than my name it seems.
Gotten so bored of it I decided to have some fun with it, I no longer reply in feet and inches but in miles!

Before anyone asks im 1.18 x 10^-3 miles long...

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
"Why didn't I/we hear about that?" is a question my friends tend to ask when I bring up things that have happened to me.

I'm very tempted to say "Because you're terrible friends."

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
DarkArk said:
TheModWolf said:
I love having red hair, i reckon it's awesome, but my god am I sure sick of answering "are your pubes ginger too". Come on Einstein, what do you think? Saying why don't you check for yourself is usually a good way to get people to stop I've found. Although this one time...
Hey, another redhead who gets asked that question. Although mine is usually in relation to why I grew my hair out so long, since it goes down half my back.
gotten that one too it's like what do you think honestly.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
From my job at an amusement park: "How long's the line?" Ugh. I'd be okay with people asking if we didn't have a board listing how long the wait time was right next to me. It'd get to the point where I would answer in milliseconds, or fractions of a day, if I got really annoyed.

Also, from a non-work standpoint: "Do you have a boyfriend?" and the inevitable followup to it, "Why not?" Answer: 'Cause I'm not interested in anyone at the moment. Why else? -.-

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
Wow, your tall! (6'4") Do you play basketball!!?!?!?!

My response: Wow, your short. Do you play minigolf?

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
You? Run? don't you mean walk?
Okay, I'm 100kg and of average height, but it doesn't stop me running for several kms at a time.

Cydonian

Dec 24, 2010
I have a beagle...beagles are easy to spot...when i walk her..."Hey is that a beagle???" "No, its a bald eagle" ...morons