What are some of the worst things?

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Constipation, fuck finding a cure for cancer and aids. Constipation... q.q Although, I guess Justin Bieber is a close second.

Sep 13, 2009
bliebblob said:
A cooky for this post, and another for whomever can tell me what they are actually called. I've been having way too many of them as of late so I wanna learn what's causing them, and how I kill 'em. I can't do either without a proper term to google.
In other words...
I'm pretty sure you're not referring to the hangnail, and I've never heard of the term "quick" but the more official term you'll find for it is "cuticle". I've known people who get bugged so much by these

robbbbb05

Sep 11, 2015
The internet can easily be the worst thing ever. Sitting in an online game while watching the server lag meter increase by 1000 miliseconds per second, watching it increase until it goes over a million, at which point the game boots me out and says, "Yeah, it was only now that I decided you were experiencing too much lag. Not any time before this."

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
dohnut king said:
Try stepping on a four sided die, useable in a variety of rpg's or as caltrops.

Arthritis. You'll understand when you get older.
Also useable as caltrops inside a tabletop rpg game. It has come up. It was moreso one of those games where 'You are playing you, and your only weapons are those nearest to you' type of affairs. Given it was games night, big box of assorted dice. Saved a person from getting tackled by a crazed mass murderer.

Sable Gear

Mar 26, 2009
Lufia Erim said:
Lavender sented ANYTHING. Real lavender smell amazing . Anything with the added sent of lavender smells terrible. Air freshners, dish soap , laundry detergent. Absolutely horrid
Any artificial scent. Having worked in a bath and body place where we only use natural fragrances, it's especially painful. Especially when people walk in and say "Oh I never usually walk in to these places, they always give me a headache" and then I have to futilely try to explain why our stuff is different. Nobody understands lab scents are what cause headaches and reactions...

OT: medication whose side-effects are worse than what you're taking them for. Like getting your guts wrecked by antibiotics and crapping yourself inside-out for a day when all you were suffering before was a mild ear infection or the like.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Going to take a leak while at work and finding that there's some red in with the yellow. That was a little less than fun.

(Thankfully my subsequent hospital visit found nothing obviously wrong and it hasn't happened since. Stupid body.)

[small]Also I'd like to nominate Barbas's post on the first page as one of the worst things. Ewwww.[/small]

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Arean said:
Any and all diet soda. Holy shit those are disgusting.
Coke Zero eh? I'll give it a OH GOD, WHAT IS THIS!?
Coke Life eh? Well it can't be nearly as HOLY FREAKING HELL!!!

---

Various food things...If the pizza I'm eatting is greasy enough to be juiced (ie; current Pizza Hut) than I just can't eat the stuff. If the grease content is balanced but the joker who made the order had them put green peppers on the pizza than that's another thing I can't stand for. Green Peppers have no business anywhere near a pizza and even onions are on my "don't want but won't complain" list of pizza toppers.

Also Bananas in general. I want to like them but they have a horrible texture, a terrible flavor and when I eat them people look at me funny. I am not your personal redtube people! Oddly enough I don't mind bananas if they're in the form of a smoothy and mixed in with fruits that have a stronger flavor. A hint of banana is fine, I just can't take on the real thing.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
People who, despite being entirely capable and being provided with readily accessible means to do so, fail to use their turn signals.

People who, despite being entirely capable and being provided with readily accessible means to do so, fail to reach the posted speed limit on stretches of road with those fucking solid white lines.

People who unironically use "irregardless."

People who can't sing, yet persist regardless. Loudly. In a restaurant.

...Basically just people, I guess?

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
Arean said:
Any and all diet soda. Holy shit those are disgusting.
This. Coke Zero is, by far, the worst offender of my taste buds.

Also when your pants pockets have a loose thread and your car keys snag on it. Just thinking about it makes me angry.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
Sable Gear said:
Lufia Erim said:
Lavender sented ANYTHING. Real lavender smell amazing . Anything with the added sent of lavender smells terrible. Air freshners, dish soap , laundry detergent. Absolutely horrid
Any artificial scent. Having worked in a bath and body place where we only use natural fragrances, it's especially painful. Especially when people walk in and say "Oh I never usually walk in to these places, they always give me a headache" and then I have to futilely try to explain why our stuff is different. Nobody understands lab scents are what cause headaches and reactions...

OT: medication whose side-effects are worse than what you're taking them for. Like getting your guts wrecked by antibiotics and crapping yourself inside-out for a day when all you were suffering before was a mild ear infection or the like.
You know what's funny. I am one of those people who avoid places like that. They do give me headaches. I won't pretend to know ehy, but i avoid them like the plague

FreeRunner

Aug 27, 2015
Candied Corn, Butterfingers, religious people banging on your door early on weekends to talk about religion...

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
I've got another one.

Public toilet paper, and the toilet roll holders that it's on.
The toilet paper has the same texture as sandpaper, and the holders are often designed to not rotate or turn, forcing you to thread the paper around and around the holder just to get a decent amount.

Shraggler

Jan 6, 2009
Traffic's pretty terrible. I hate driving. Never saw a car as a symbol of freedom and independence, but rather a perpetual stress machine and money sink. Roads and highways around here are designed by overpaid idiots, and they're constantly "being worked on". Gas is expensive just because it can be. All it takes is one moron to fuck things up because we're all traveling on a relatively strict two-dimensional plane, which is also a complex conundrum some people just can't seem to figure out. Just thinking about it increases my heart rate.

Fox12 said:
Mmmm. Someone passed a kidney stone.

Me. That person would be me. Last week specifically. Do you want to see a grown man cry?
AccursedTheory said:
Ouch.

I read somewhere recently that they polled women who have both given birth, and had kidney stones, and it was a land slide - Kidney Stone were worse by a mile. So, congrats I guess - You've experienced the most painful thing a human being can go through without losing a limb or liquidating your guts.
Spoiler: It gets worse.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Shraggler said:
Traffic's pretty terrible. I hate driving. Never saw a car as a symbol of freedom and independence, but rather a perpetual stress machine and money sink. Roads and highways around here are designed by overpaid idiots, and they're constantly "being worked on". Gas is expensive just because it can be. All it takes is one moron to fuck things up because we're all traveling on a relatively strict two-dimensional plane, which is also a complex conundrum some people just can't seem to figure out. Just thinking about it increases my heart rate.

Fox12 said:
Mmmm. Someone passed a kidney stone.

Me. That person would be me. Last week specifically. Do you want to see a grown man cry?
AccursedTheory said:
Ouch.

I read somewhere recently that they polled women who have both given birth, and had kidney stones, and it was a land slide - Kidney Stone were worse by a mile. So, congrats I guess - You've experienced the most painful thing a human being can go through without losing a limb or liquidating your guts.
Spoiler: It gets worse.

*Goes and cries in a corner*