What are the three best game storylines you know?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Second Sight

Silent Hill 2 (obviously)

FREAKING SECOND SIGHT!

Honestly, if you haven't played it, play it just for the story. It doesn't start out like very much, but it has the best plot twist I've ever seen in a game. And if you read Yahtzee's article and ruined it for yourself, shame on you.

Doctor What

Jul 29, 2008
lacktheknack said:
The first half was wonderful, but I nearly cried at how silly it got near the end.
1.Golden Sun(1 and 2)
2.Indigo Prophecy(first half)
3.Persona 4

you are absolutely correct, sir.

heavyarms

Feb 5, 2010
star ocean: second star story, ar tonelico 2, and it's a tie between ff6 and 7. this is just off the top of my head though

JDLY

Jun 21, 2008
How about the Assassin's Creed story line (for the series). It fucks with your mind, in a good way.

Tanto-chan

Nov 9, 2009
My top three in no perticular order are

1. God of War (the trilogy not just the first one)
2. Devil Survivor
3. Shadow of Destiny (even if the gameplay was a little 'what?')

magicman4443

Mar 25, 2010
Let's see.
1. Bioshock 1/2 - Yes, I liked both
2. Golden Sun 1/2 - Sooooo much fun
3. Tales games in general - The underlying story tends to be pretty similar.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
I would say Half Life 2, but I haven't finished playing it yet. (Though the fact I was able to play the game after being spoiled by FF13 graphics says something about it. Had to take a break from Ravenhold though, that shit is creepy.)

Games I have finished:

Mass Effect 1. I liked 2 better, but the first one had a better storyline, while the second had better, well, everything else.

Kotor 1 had an awesome story for its time, I think.

Bioshock 1, though I heard it's so much like system shock that it really can't count as an original storyline...

Surprisingly, Lunar Silver Star Harmony or whatever it's called.

The Halo series as a whole, though standalone Halo 1 had the best storyline.

And The Force Unleashed. They did a surprising job fitting the storyline together.

I think that's it, probably forgot some but there you go.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
mugetsu37 said:
EVERYTHING FALLOUT
Final Fantasy 6
EVERYTHING HALF-LIFE

In order: The Fallout universe is my favorite pretty much because I'm a Cold War history fan, and that mostly because of the Korean War. Coupled with post Chinese Communist vs U.S. nuclear war based off of Mad Max, there really is no downside to this storyline. There's just so much.

Final Fantasy 6 because the bad guy wins

Half-life for pretty much the same reasons as Fallout; it has such an rich lore and story for each one of the characters and places, most of which isn't directly told to you.
NOOOOOOOO! Damn it, I should stop clicking on the spoilers, now I have to wait for a month and forget it and THEN pick up FF6 and try it.

OpiateChicken

Jul 2, 2009
GunlockerGlock said:
KOTOR 1 is one of my favorite stories of all times.
Chrono Trigger is just Badass. (Do not question my nestoliga love!)
And the Mass Effect Story is pretty good as well.
this!!!!!!!

pwned2hard

Apr 1, 2010
#1, By far is Kane and Lynch. I haven't played a game yet that has come close in regard to story.
#2, Conker, Live and Reloaded
#3, Army of Two TFD

Anticitizen_Two

Jan 18, 2010
I'm just gonna say what needs to be said.

Half-Life 2's storyline sucks. Stop trying to label "save the world from evil aliens" as an original storyline. It was told very well, but a far as actual storyline goes it sucks.

There, I said it. Now I'll equip my flame-resistant armor and wait...