What are the three best game storylines you know?

Nosphorus

Feb 16, 2010
More Fun To Compute said:
Nosphorus said:
A story that's worth mentioning, is Vampire The Masquerade: Redemption, although the gameplay wasn't unique, or innovative, the story drew me in.
Have you played VtM:Bloodlines? It's just I would be a bit surprised if you had played both and preferred redemption.
Gameplay wise I preferred Bloodlines although albeit buggy, it had decent combat, NPC interactions and diverse character enhancement.

Redemption had a great story line, I think that Christof's story was even woven into the universe as part of the White Wolf Canon before (I believe) it was rebooted.

loooooowwww

Dec 10, 2009
1. final fantasy vii a double twist so good it made the game my favourite of all time.

2. mass effect 1 the story is so fuckin epic!

3. metal gear 1 (the one on ps1) really enjoyed the story in that game and all the back story on the bosses! the gray fox rules!!

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Final Fantasy IX
(not the most controversial in the series, but it's the most beautiful fantasy/fairytale of all)

Shadow Hearts/Shadow Hearts: Covenant
(it's not necessary, but playing both really adds to the story, since Covenant is a direct sequel. There's a magnificent balance between tragedy and comedy. The atmosphere of an altered WW I period is complete genious. And personally, I found the characters unforgetable.)

Rez
(yeah, that's right, Rez. The entire virtual quest, leading up to Area 5 and Eden... Not really a conventional way of story telling, but... damn, it got me.)

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Riven
Syberia
Uru

Go ahead. Laugh at my pointing and clicking.

TempestZ said:
Adventure games generally.
Syberia and The Longest Journey.
!!! I thought I was the only one !!!

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
UnityRiot said:
Half Life Series
Super Paper Mario
Indigo Prophecy
Honestly? Fahrenheit? Really? The first half fo the story was intriguing and great, the second half went batshit insane and tried to be dragon ball z meets the matrix. I'd hardly call that a good story.

UnityRiot

Mar 11, 2010
Daedalus1942 said:
UnityRiot said:
Half Life Series
Super Paper Mario
Indigo Prophecy
Honestly? Fahrenheit? Really? The first half fo the story was intriguing and great, the second half went batshit insane and tried to be dragon ball z meets the matrix. I'd hardly call that a good story.
Sorry for having an opinion, dude :|
Nah, I liked it. I think it flowed pretty well, but that's probably just me.

Legion IV

Mar 30, 2010
Castelvania rondo of blood and SOTN.
Final fantasy 2 (the real 2)
Final fantasy 13. i know i'll get flack but its true.
Starcraft broodwar.
Diablo 2.
Amored Core 4 and for answers.
Devil may cry 1,2,3,4

in no particular order mind you.

EDIT: Oh crap forgot one of the most important. The entire resident evil series