What are you a fanboy about?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Or if you really feel you aren't a fanboy of anything, then the closest thing you can think of.

Mine would be Batman, our Lord and Savior. I'm hardly the worst fanboy in the world, in fact I don't really consider myself a fanboy, but I can't help but feel a little irked when something bad happens to him in another series or when someone talks shit about Bats. Sometimes if it's on YouTube, I would start on a huge rebuttal comment to whatever the guy said, only to cool down later and feel ashamed because I know I was so immature.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
You know that whole monster girl thing that is sweeping Japan... yeah it's caught me as well. Regular reader of Monster Musume, enjoy reading the encyclopedia, and... ummmmm...write fan-fiction

Yeah, it's without a doubt the thing I fanboy over the hardest. I get a little too excited when the writer releases another one. Don't know why I like them, just do. That and I get to read what the Japanese fans comments. They're just beautiful.

"over so much have nipples pointy Nde Mommy?" daughter Gandharva "
"Anyway Shibaro will, and trying to bite the gag ball. All of story's it from. (Nuke"
"Also want to see the place where you do not have a musical instrument! Navel can not be licking been hiding"

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I'm a fanboy in the sense that I actively bathe myself in lore and that I will consume anything in its name. The things I'm a fan of get VIP clearance in my head. I remember the names, the dates, the trivia - everything. And I'm always ready for more.

Batman - Love the Burton/Nolan films, the Knightfall arc, novels like Arkham Asylum and Long Halloween, the Arkham games, etc.

Cowboy Bebop - Watched all 26 episodes + the movie, read the manga, played the PS2 videogame, downloaded every OST album.

David Lynch - Seen every movie, every short, every TV show and every webbie bullshit the man's put out.

Silent Hill - I've explained the plot of every game so much they're all starting to make sense to me.

Star Wars - The original movies. I can tell you the names of every single creature that is given a split-second close-up in Mos Eisley.

Tolkien - Read everything concerned with Middle-Earth, twice. The LOTR movies are great. The Hobbit movies... aren't.

I'm NOT a fanboy, and let me be perfectly clear about this, in the sense that I think it's the best thing ever, it's clearly better than this other similar thing, everybody should do a conga line around it and sing it praises, and so on.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
What am I a fanboy of?

Lockheed.

America [http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/imgs/lockheed-f117-nighthawk.jpg] fuck [http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/thisdayintech/2010/08/sr-71-blackbird-photo-from-lockheed-martin.jpg] yeah [http://www.manufacturing.net/sites/manufacturing.net/files/Lockheed-Martin-F-22-Raptor-03.jpg]!

Oh right, and 3M, makers of everything from scotch tape to security glass.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Berserk
Neon Genesis Evangelion
The Last of Us

I can talk about this shit endlessly... which I'm sure some people here are already aware of. Beyond that I just love contemplating about them, especially Berserk and TLoU. Just when I think I'm finally done fangasming, they'll pop back into my head and I get all giddy again.

PainInTheAssInternet

The Ship Magnificent
Dec 30, 2011
Titanic (historical event).
Alien franchise.
Elfgore said:
"over so much have nipples pointy Nde Mommy?" daughter Gandharva "
"Anyway Shibaro will, and trying to bite the gag ball. All of story's it from. (Nuke"
"Also want to see the place where you do not have a musical instrument! Navel can not be licking been hiding"
and mistranslations.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
A Song of Ice and Fire and Harry Potter are the big ones.

Batman is in third place, and Zelda is in forth, though I haven't played any of them earlier than ALttP. Criminal if I want to consider myself a fanboy, I know, but I'll get around to it.

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
Frezzato said:
What am I a fanboy of?

Lockheed.

America [http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/imgs/lockheed-f117-nighthawk.jpg] fuck [http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/thisdayintech/2010/08/sr-71-blackbird-photo-from-lockheed-martin.jpg] yeah [http://www.manufacturing.net/sites/manufacturing.net/files/Lockheed-Martin-F-22-Raptor-03.jpg]!

Oh right, and 3M, makers of everything from scotch tape to security glass.
This one has good taste.

For me, military planes and combat aviation in general.
I love it all, every plane is a wonder of engineering at work and a display of power and elegance.
Especially the F-22.

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
Fuck your Batman OP (not really I like Arkham City), I fanboy over something with God right in the name.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!

Ramus

Nov 21, 2014
Brandon Sanderson, he can start putting out 50 books a year and they can be ten pages each and i'll still shit myself over every word. My favorite author of this generation.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I enjoy a lot of things that many other people call me a fanboy over. MLP, Lord of the Rings, video games, etc. Basically nerdy stuff.

However, there is one that stands tall above the rest. One that I am not ashamed to admit liking to perhaps an insane level. One that I will defend and thrown down with anyone who dares to challenge me on it. And that is Star Wars. Oh man, I could talk for hours about Star Wars, but the problem is finding another person to talk with. The movies only hold so much to talk about, but the books...oh, the glorious books. I have nearly all the books that are set after Return of the Jedi (yes, it broke my heart to hear what they did to them) and I have been reading them since I was seven. I love talking about that stuff, and if you get me started--like really started--you better be prepared.

Dec 10, 2012
Way more things than I can count these days. I have become a man who spends most of his leisure time indulging himself in all manner of nerd properties.

The Lord of the Rings, and Tolkien in general.
Dune, and its sequels (but NOT the fanfiction prequels).
The Wheel of Time.
Asimov's Robot stories and Empire/Foundation novels.

The Matrix (and the sequels, yes I went there).
The MCU.
X-Men films (except Those Ones, of course).
Ghost in the Shell.
Cowboy Bebop.
Star Trek.
Star Wars.
House.
Sherlock.
Doctor Who.

Dragon Age.
Mass Effect.
Borderlands.
Bioshock.

Baseball.
Football.

Of all these and many more, I am an intense and unabashed fanboy.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Whenever I listen to a new artist or dive further into the catalogue of an artist and I really end up liking it quite a bit, I can and will end up fanboying over just about all of their work. I've done it with Kansas. Done it with Rush. Doing it with Faith No More/Mike Patton.

Yeah, I'm pretty late to the party with a lot of bands I end up liking. But that's no big issue, I suppose.

Game series? Castlevania, SMT/Persona, Pokemon. Gotta play almost every game.

Gurren Lagann for shows. The best anime.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Probably Halo, or at least everything before Halo 4. My knowledge of the universe has pretty much dropped considerably since 343i took the reins.
And Star Wars

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Casual Shinji said:
Berserk
Neon Genesis Evangelion
The Last of Us.
Dammit, foiled again. The only thing I love more then criticizing Neon Genesis is blabbering about how great Neon Genesis is.

As for Berserk I may

*twitch*

Have a problem. I'm not saying its the best thing ever. I'm just saying that its the crowned jewel of human achievement. I've read the lost chapters. I read the "pilot" issue. I read the stuff that inspired it, just because of association. I just bought Dragons Dogma solely because it lets you play as Guts, Caska, and Griffith. My point is, I'm not a fan boy of much, but I'm a fanboy of Berserk.

Though its since been eclipsed (pun not intended) by Berserk, I'm also a huge Tolkien fan. I've read his books and unfinished manuscripts, and I've also researched his art (he was a painter). His work is so much more massive then The Lord of the Rings, and there's a lot of important academic material connected to his books. The man was fascinating. People tend to forget just how monumental his contribution was, but he single handedly made fantasy respectable in the academic community (and that took decades of debate). He's not just the father of modern fantasy because he wrote a popular book. He was out there, putting his reputation on the line, arguing about the importance of the genre in the scholastic community. He also represents a unique blend of popular and academic culture. That's why Martin can never be the "American Tolkien." He doesn't even have the beginnings of the pedigree Tolkien has.

I still recognize the faults of all the stories above, of course, but I love them dearly.

Augustine

Jun 21, 2012
Let's see...

I'm going to go with 1900 era men's clothing and most of thinkers of the antiquity(even the bad ones are more entertaining and earnest than most of modernity).

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
cojo965 said:
Fuck your Batman OP (not really I like Arkham City), I fanboy over something with God right in the name.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!
Watching a better movie.

OT: I don't know if I'm a fanboy of much anything. My definition of it is reprehensible: someone who will and can not accept any criticism or negative argument towards their savior and grace. Not even my favorite movie, which I will adore to the ends of the earth, will I savagely and viciously defend.

I guess I would be closest to a Stannis Baratheon fanboy. He's my man, he's the only contestant for the throne who will accept both the power and responsibility, he knows his shit, he will lead by example, he's tough but fair, humble, and experienced in both politics and battle. House Baratheon to victory!

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
I love the Cthulhu Mythos.

Howard Phillips Lovecraft, Ramsey Campbell, T E D Klein, August Derleth, Algernon Blackwood, and Robert E Howard, as well as a slew of contributors and new disciples.

If they wrote it and it pertains to the Mythos, I either have read it, or desperately must.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
My Little Pony and Smite. Although I am wondering if hasbro should end the current friendship is magic and do a spin off with different characters.