What are you currently playing?

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I mean, both games were pandering, really, but that didn't stop them from being fun.

Even if Freedom Cry was like 5 hours long, it's basically Django Unchained as a video game....with pirating. And let's face it, Slavers are right behind Nazis on the scale of "People I don't feel at all bad about killing". I always found it amusing raiding some of the plantations to set the slaves free that you could take down the overseers in full view of the slaves and they'd just "Huh, did that asshole with the whip just mysteriously get murdered and dragged into the bushes? Nah, must be the wind"
Hehe, yeah the reactions to killing in front of them, I mostly justified as them seeing it, and being like *glances over shoulder* "Oh no! I dropped a contact lens! Totally NOT one of these asshole slave owner guards being murdered in front of me!!" *whistle innocently then look at the protagonist* "There's 3 more inside the house, fuck em up!" xD

Reactions: Dalisclock

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'm trying to finish up Breath of the Wild and I made it past the first chunk of the Master Sword trails, and it kinda sucked. The next chunk - where you're gliding on the wind and shit - is apparently harder, but it at least seems more fun.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I too have reached the end credits on Hades. The homing bow is still my favorite weapon. It's just really good with criticals or hangover, and especially with the hammer upgrade that gives you 4 more shots just piles on damage while leaving you free to dodge wherever you like. I don't see how the +15 damage or whatever from chain lightning on gloves could do more dps than the bow. I've gotten up to a 3 win streak with it so far. There's still a lot to do (haven't won with spear or gun yet) and it doesn't really feel like this is The End so I'm going to keep playing for a while.

Also I just can't seem to make use of companions. I always say I'm going to use them against the boss, but I always, always forget.

Last edited:
Reactions: EvilRoy

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I mean, both games were pandering, really, but that didn't stop them from being fun.

Even if Freedom Cry was like 5 hours long, it's basically Django Unchained as a video game....with pirating. And let's face it, Slavers are right behind Nazis on the scale of "People I don't feel at all bad about killing". I always found it amusing raiding some of the plantations to set the slaves free that you could take down the overseers in full view of the slaves and they'd just "Huh, did that asshole with the whip just mysteriously get murdered and dragged into the bushes? Nah, must be the wind"

Reminds me of the time I snuck up on the congregation of maybe a dozen KKK folk before they burn the cross in RDR2, threw a stick of dynamite right in the middle of their party and killed all of them. Just beautiful, moonlit silence followed.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I too have reached the end credits on Hades. The homing bow is still my favorite weapon. It's just really good with criticals or hangover, and especially with the hammer upgrade that gives you 4 more shots just piles on damage while leaving you free to dodge wherever you like. I don't see how the +15 damage or whatever from chain lightning on gloves could do more dps than the bow. I've gotten up to a 3 win streak with it so far. There's still a lot to do (haven't won with spear or gun yet) and it doesn't really feel like this is The End so I'm going to keep playing for a while.

Also I just can't seem to make use of companions. I always say I'm going to use them against the boss, but I always, always forget.
The bow biggest problem is actually it's low DPS, it's very safe but at higher heat it gets hard to keep up with the timer (one of the version can output decent DPS though but its finicky to use). With the homing version you need to switch to regular attack which really sap the overall DPS. The glove just does more DPS but at higher heat it's just way too risky since you die incredibly quickly so getting close to enemy is really risky.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011

There is more stuff to find after the end credits, and if you're motivated to get it the best advice I can give is to not get frustrated if you don't find it in the same or less time than it took to hit the credits. Even if there was no random chance involved, you still have to do a lot of stuff to get there. The prophesies and some conversations in the first few runs after the credits will point you in the right direction.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Reminds me of the time I snuck up on the congregation of maybe a dozen KKK folk before they burn the cross in RDR2, threw a stick of dynamite right in the middle of their party and killed all of them. Just beautiful, moonlit silence followed.
There's also the Racist Eugenics supporter in St. Denis. If you played it, you know who I'm talking about. He's apparently the only NPC in the game that does not trigger any kind of repercussions if you do, well, anything to him. There's literally a police officer standing across the street from where he is and you can beat him(the racist, not the cop) to death(or shoot him, or kidnap him, etc) and no bounty will be issued nor will anyone attempt to hinder you. It's telling since he's in St. Denis, where the cops descend upon you like a hive of angry murder hornets if you so much as look at anyone the wrong way in that town.

Arthur:*Coughs*
Random NPC: I"M A WITNESS!
*BOUNTY ISSUED*
Every Cop: You have chosen Death!

Last edited:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010

Well I'm rocking a 12 win streak, around heat 10 or so, with several of the combat related effects, and the gloves are still pummeling everything they come into contact with. I'm currently trying to build my heat high enough to enact the extra perks in combat for Hades himself, because so far, none of the zone bosses have been a real threat, even with their upgraded status.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
There's also the Racist Eugenics supporter in St. Denis. If you played it, you know who I'm talking about. He's apparently the only NPC in the game that does not trigger any kind of repercussions if you do, well, anything to him. There's literally a police officer standing across the street from where he is and you can beat him(the racist, not the cop) to death(or shoot him, or kidnap him, etc) and no bounty will be issued nor will anyone attempt to hinder you. It's telling since he's in St. Denis, where the cops descend upon you like a hive of angry murder hornets if you so much as look at anyone the wrong way in that town.

Arthur:*Coughs*
Random NPC: I"M A WITNESS!
*BOUNTY ISSUED*
Every Cop: You have chosen Death!
That’s done on purpose too considering civilization is meant to feel suffocating and highly irritating to the gang thematically, and Saint Denis is like the civilization mecca.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Ok, still mucking around in Skyrim, off to Falkreath to visit the Stormcloak camp and...what? The Falkreath camp isn't near Falkreath, it's on the other side of Helgen? I walked past there on my way here...grumble.

Right, looking for some Doom2 mods...a gender flipped Doom, with new graphics? Um...oh, an alternative universe where women were considered as warriors, so the marines are female, but by extension the demons are as well...that makes sense. Oh...the readme explains that the creator is an incel and made this because he hates women.

Fine, I'll walk back to Helgen then.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Right, looking for some Doom2 mods...a gender flipped Doom, with new graphics? Um...oh, an alternative universe where women were considered as warriors, so the marines are female, but by extension the demons are as well...that makes sense. Oh...the readme explains that the creator is an incel and made this because he hates women.
Just dl Hdoom and have fun. Or do Unloved, that mod is amazing but play it on a lower difficulty, on higher ones hordes become stupid and they ruin the atmosphere.

Still working on Darksiders Genesis, but also got Bomber Crew for free off of humble bundle and its fun, but annoying. Its too easy to succeed in a mission but end up with your whole crew being killed and your plane being destroyed.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I just finished Age of Calamity earlier tonight. You can see my thoughts here:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Finally started on God of War. Really hard to get a hang of the controls, and only right before I stopped playing did I think to change the control scheme. Attacking with the triggers feels really off to me, and thanks to Witcher 3 I keep pressing circle. Thankfully both issues are seemingly fixed by the new control scheme, altho I expect axe throwing to be more difficult.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I also wanted to get Horizon Zero Dawn since its on sale, but Jesus H Christ the Playstation store sucks ASS. I don't live in the US but that's where my account is from, and so I've been trying to top it up using Paypal.

And yet despite having dollars in my Paypal account, they keep asking me for a credit/debit card? Why the fuck is that??? Why is it so fucking hard for me to give me your money?????? Ugh. This is why I want to move to PC.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Finally started on God of War. Really hard to get a hang of the controls, and only right before I stopped playing did I think to change the control scheme. Attacking with the triggers feels really off to me, and thanks to Witcher 3 I keep pressing circle. Thankfully both issues are seemingly fixed by the new control scheme, altho I expect axe throwing to be more difficult.
I also predict camera trouble, because having light and heavy attack on R1 and R2 allows you to keep your thumb on the right stick during combat. By switching it to square and triangle that thumb needs to go to the face buttons instead.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Just dl Hdoom and have fun.
Half (but not all) monsters are replaced by cute monster girls and all the weapons are sex toys? But the levels are the same?

Nothing against a total cute monster girl sex game, but halfway between that and normal doom just comes across as creepy. And a bit pointless.

Or do Unloved, that mod is amazing but play it on a lower difficulty, on higher ones hordes become stupid and they ruin the atmosphere.
Oh, so that's creepy but not in a sexualised violence way? I'll give that a look.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
After a couple days of a break, my friend and I managed to get back onto Resident Evil 6 and do the first chapter of Jake's story. I have to say, I actually think Jake has the strongest start of any campaign so far. The expanded melee combat options on both Jake and Sherry are neat, they have a better dynamic than either of the other pairs, and Ustanak is genuinely a little bit freaky and tense to deal with. I don't know if it'll keep this energy, but if it does it could shape up to be the best campaign.

Certainly, if they didn't do the split-campaigns thing and just focused on one group, I would've been pretty happy for it to be these two.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Still working on Darksiders Genesis, but also got Bomber Crew for free off of humble bundle and its fun, but annoying. Its too easy to succeed in a mission but end up with your whole crew being killed and your plane being destroyed.
That's pretty normal. There's a reason why the memorial wall in the main menu is enormous.

Later on, as you unlock better equipment the risk associated with missions generally goes down, but it's very much a battle of attrition.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Half (but not all) monsters are replaced by cute monster girls and all the weapons are sex toys? But the levels are the same?

Nothing against a total cute monster girl sex game, but halfway between that and normal doom just comes across as creepy. And a bit pointless.

Oh, so that's creepy but not in a sexualised violence way? I'll give that a look.
I thought at this point the maker would have finished the roster for making all the demons into anime girls, guess they haven't.

Nope, really I wouldn't say hdoom is sexualized violence either, but to each their own. Unloved is very silent hill. Dead Air is another really good doom mod, but it also has huge hordes by the end which can be annoying.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
That's pretty normal. There's a reason why the memorial wall in the main menu is enormous.

Later on, as you unlock better equipment the risk associated with missions generally goes down, but it's very much a battle of attrition.
Super, I have a feeling I'll get tired of that before I run out of game.