What are you currently playing?

Bartholen

At age 6 I was born without a face
Legacy
Jul 1, 2020
Country
Finland
That does sound pretty cool, Fallout Games always have those memorable bits.
Having to choose between Mr.House and the Brotherhood of Steel when he orders you to destroy them
was the hardest and most memorable decision I've ever had to make in gaming. I even left the game for a year or so because I couldn't make up my mind.

I probably would pick it up again to play to the end of the DLC if the save wasn't many years deleted and I just couldn't bear trying to install all the mods again.
Well in case you ever do, I highly recommend getting the autoloot mod. It makes the game so much more immersive when you're not constantly switching between gameplay and scrounging menus. I'm sure it's been a vital part of why I've gotten so immersed in the game this time.

Reactions: Zykon TheLich

Bartholen

At age 6 I was born without a face
Legacy
Jul 1, 2020
Country
Finland
I'm going through Old World Blues currently. It's alright. So far the new area feels way less distinct from the main game than either Honest Hearts or Dead Money. The color palette is essentially entirely the same, and there's way less new assets. The pacing and story are kinda hard to parse. The DLC starts essentially with like a 10-minute dialogue section that was really trying my patience. It felt like one of those conversations with your boss that you just want to get done, but they keep bringing up new stuff. And even after that I'm having a pretty hard time trying to figure out what I'm doing and why. In that regard it certainly doesn't help that the main villain likes to send robo-scorpions to ambush you at certain points, but also shit talks you over the radio during the combat, but also also the robots keep playing his voice lines. So between the radio chatter, bangs and clangs of combat, and the voicelines of the enemies it's devolved into an incomprehensible cacophony multiple times. I just don't understand why they did it that way.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and double up on RAM. It gets dramatically choppy in RDR2 if I’m not using Power mode in Windows. I don’t know why I waited this long anyways. It’s not like trying to find an RTX GPU without an extra zero on the price.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
I decided to replay Death Stranding to see how the passive multiplayer fares now that we are a couple years past the release hype. Surprisingly, there are more players than I expected...

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
FInished Ikana Castle and Stone Tower in Majoras Mask. Both of them have a very dark and creepy vibe and the whole area feels like something closer to a FROM game(without some of the puzzle gimmicks, such as the tower flipping) then Zelda, though having to use the Emptiness song 3x times over and over to even get to the Tower Entrance did start to wear on my patience a bit after a while. The tower itself is interesting in that it's essentially 2 dungeons in one, rightside up and upside down, which presents it's own challenges and makes it a lot trickier to navigate around.

The twinmold fight was definitely unique, especially the part with the Giants mask though it did feel a bit clunky at times which made it less enjoyable. Anyway, that's the last one and once I do a check to see if I've got everything I need I'm gonna run through the last loop and then fight the final boss tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:

Chupathingy

CONTROL Agent
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Finished playing Tony Hawk's Underground for the first time. I played THUG 2 on PSP back when it released and loved it but never got around tot he first until now.

It's so nice to just play a fun, relaxing and incredibly solid game. While the on foot and vehicle sections aren't great, the skateboarding just feels perfect and responsive, and the great map design means I'd often forget about the main story and spend ages just skating around trying to find gaps while punk, rock and hip hop blast into my ears. Guess I can now revisit THUG 2 to see how they compare.

Last edited:

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Killed the warlock chosen in Xcom 2, my first try went really bad, second I had powered armor and my sword master ranger was up, sliced and diced him.

I also grabbed Powerslave Exhumed. Its pretty fun so far, not sure how I missed it.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I've been getting further into CP2077, and now I'm actually playing through the main story missions rather trying to play it as Fallout CP2020 edition, something which it is definitely not, I'm actually beginning to enjoy it quite a bit.

The world at large just doesn't have enough in it to hold you, I got the same sort of feeling as with the Far Cry game I played, or Saints Row, GTA it's entertaining for a bit but ultimately it's just content markers on a map, they don't feel patricularly unique or interesting, there's not much to discover.

But the story, yeah, consider me interested now. Will finish.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I've been binging through a lot of games lately.

In recent weeks I've played and beaten
God of War 2 (On Titan Mode)
God of War Ghost of Sparta
God of War Ascension
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 5 (First time I've ever played and beaten it)
Final Fantasy 6
Now on Ratchet and Clank having beaten OG 1
Currently on Going Commando (And wishing to finish it quickly to get to Up Your Arsenal)
Holy moly! I've got some of those on Vita and SNES Classic and barely scratched the surface.

I bought Heal for $1 on Humble Bundle and got stuck on the very 1st puzzle. Got it now with the help of this video.

I was #1 in my 1st race on Garfield Kart - Furious Racing without cheating! Also from Humble Bundle. So I got that going for me.

Hope to get some more Rise of Tomb Raider this weekend.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I've been getting further into CP2077, and now I'm actually playing through the main story missions rather trying to play it as Fallout CP2020 edition, something which it is definitely not, I'm actually beginning to enjoy it quite a bit.

The world at large just doesn't have enough in it to hold you, I got the same sort of feeling as with the Far Cry game I played, or Saints Row, GTA it's entertaining for a bit but ultimately it's just content markers on a map, they don't feel patricularly unique or interesting, there's not much to discover.

But the story, yeah, consider me interested now. Will finish.
The only world quest that can sometime be interesting are the one related to handler, otherwise most of the world quest are really generic.

Dunno if you care but the game hide a secret ending behind a specific choice in a dialogue in one of the quest, it doesn't lock you in that ending choice but if you want to have all option its worth looking into it.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
ECHO on PS4 (It's also on Steam)

It's a Sci-Fi action game but with stealth elements.
The main lead is voice by Rose Leslie (Ygritte on Game of Thrones, The wildling girl John Snow shags)
It's a sort of real esoteric Sci-Fi premise about machines that can grant eternal life and lost palaces with great power.

The key mechanic / selling point is the enemies learn from you and their actions and abilities evolve based on your own but if you change tactics they then forget your old tactics.

It's fun in that the to borrow Yahtzee's phrase "Cock up Cascade" suddenly becomes a whole lot worse because sure you can pull out basically a rail gun and gun dow the enemies chasing you but the next day the enemy now has the ability to use guns and will pull them on you. Get seen and run across the level vaulting over walls and setting up a nice line of enemies to kill? Well the enemy just learned how to run vault over objects and shoot you. Oh and enemies you kill respawn after a blackout happens so you can't easily just blast every enemy.

But it's also simple thing like if you open doors to often the enemies will learn to open and close doors or if you walk through water the enemy will learn it can walk through water and pursue you. You become your own worst enemy in essence and the game forces you to mix up your tactics as even playing stealthy will teach the enemy how to crouch and hide to ambush you.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Still playing Fallen Order. Does EA not understand that the Empire are fascists who would never employ other races in their uniforms or do they just not care?

In before someone mentions extended universe material that misunderstands it too.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Still playing Fallen Order. Does EA not understand that the Empire are fascists who would never employ other races in their uniforms or do they just not care?

In before someone mentions extended universe material that misunderstands it too.

That image pretty much visually sums up how ridiculous this game seems to be, by all impressions thus far.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Finished Majora's Mask last night. Did the final loop helping the Romani sisters and doing the Anju/Kafre sidequest so both of them can have a happy ending(I know they would anyway but I hate the idea of the poor girl sitting there after being abducted and the two lovers sitting waiting for the end). Also finished the trio of games at the dancing couples shop(Take that you wierdos).

The ending final area is interesting. those 4 mini-dungeons which in some cases are more annoying than they really need to be(that fucking Goron course). Getting the fierce deity mask makes the final battle into a curb stomp that ends in a few minutes, but then again, you're putting in a lot of work into get the mask, so it's basically a big pay off for a lot of extra effort and I'm fine with that. Besides, after god knows how many fucking loops, giving Majora's Mask a total beatdown felt good. Really good. So yeah, glad I put the time in and finished it. I've got a few other games to finish up before ER drops in less then 2 weeks.

After that, I don't know. I do want to play through Wind Waker and Twlight Princess this year but I'm ready for a break from Zelda for now.

Last edited:

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Got the second Sanctuary in Earthbound done, and have recruited Jeff. Next up is the absolute hell that is Threed Tunnel, where you are guaranteed to get possessed by a ghost, the single worst mechanic in the entire game.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
I feel like a Sith just forcing my way through that orange planet of Darth Mauls who don't want me there and murdering all of them.

That ogre above became a boss with a dual bladed lightsaber. I guess the game wanted me to use my own dual blades. I didn't. It looks cool on someone like Darth Maul but is kind of boring to use. Or maybe it's just the game.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So I'm up to the final boss in Gears Tactics. I spent two hours on the fucker, failed, and it turns out I can't load a checkpoint, and it sent be back to the beginning.

...fuck!

Anyway, may as well vent some more. Remember how glowing I was about Tactics before? Well, forget it. The negative points still stand (story is stretched extremely thin), and the positive points are wearing thin. The moment to moment gameplay is decent, but it's clear how much is being recycled in the missions. Even in the 'core' missions, the game really just boils down to a handful of mission types (e.g. hold X points for Y turns," or "sprint from A to B to avoid bombardment), and while they're fun in of themselves, when you're forced to repeat them over, and over, and over...yeah. I think side missions in of themselves are a good idea, but looking at the game as a whole, I'd have gladly had fewer, more varied missions as opposed to more, but samey missions.

Also, while I'm on the subject of the final boss, bad enough that it takes forever, but Ukkon just won't...stop...talking. Christ, it's not as if the Locust bosses in previous games were particuarly deep, but they at least had the decency to be quiet. I'll happily take RAAM's growls and occasional sentence to Ukkon's constant prattling. Yes Ukkon, you're evil, and you hate humans, and your Locust are superior, and your creations are awesome, and I JUST SHUT UP!

So, yeah. Less of a fan now. I'd happily for a Gears Tactics 2 to be made, provided it had a narrower focus. I'm actually kind of dreading going back to the boss now just because of how long the thing takes. Least this time I'll use save points.