What are you currently playing?

Breakdown

Oxy Moron
Sep 5, 2014
down a well
Country
Northumbria
I'm trying to work through all the games I've bought on sale then forgotten about. The current game is Don't Starve.

Martintox

Mister Disorder
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Oh, in addition to Nioh, I've played a bit of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. The law system is more an unnecessary restriction than a meaningful difficulty element, but I'm definitely more interested in this type of RPG gameplay than I am with FF's turn-based system.

Resident Evil 6 is a terrible game that manages to be fun in coop despite (or because of?) what a complete mess it is.
RE6 is the kind of game you just can't play solo. The asymmetrical gameplay aside, it's simply too much lunacy for one player to handle.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
So I got bored and redownloaded Skyrim for my new gaming PC. Taking suggestions on the new play-through? Vanilla + DLC, I've had bad luck with mods

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
So I got bored and redownloaded Skyrim for my new gaming PC. Taking suggestions on the new play-through? Vanilla + DLC, I've had bad luck with mods
I had fun with an enchanter/illusionist build. You do have to pair it with stealth but its kind of fun to watch enemies kill each other while all you have to do is find the best vantage point to watch from. I tried it by beelining for the college of winterhold early on but I've always wondered if heading toward Riften to start the thieves guild first might have worked better.

Chupathingy

CONTROL Agent
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Just started playing Rule of Rose, the game most famous for being banned in a bunch of countries because some politician thought it would encourage child abuse.

I'm only a few hours but it is quite surreal and intriguing so far, despite being a little rough around the edges.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
At the moment i am mostly playing Stellaris with the new Federations expansion as well as Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlords

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Mount and Blade Bannerlords. People are treating me very badly in it, but after I find the One Ring the arrow will be in the other butt cheek.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Playing RE3 on Hardcore and I might finish up DMC3 Switch on Dante Must Die.

Smithnikov

Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders, the game that despite being 2 generations old still puts any Dynasty Warriors game to shame, just recently appeared on GOG so I'm naturally giving myself over to it's charms for awhile.

I finally got Terrordrome: Rise of the Boogeymen working on my rig too, so that's been my casual one and done game of choice. I am severely out of practice on it and need to relearn my combos.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I made a list of all the games that I need to play and I'm slowly tackling it because of reasons.

At the moment it's God of War and I'm enjoying it a lot and I can see why it won so many awards. I had to get used to the new control scheme for combat since I'm so used to the previous one from the other games. Still giggling like an idiot when I get to use new combos when I unlock them since they're stupid fun.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I made a list of all the games that I need to play and I'm slowly tackling it because of reasons.

At the moment it's God of War and I'm enjoying it a lot and I can see why it won so many awards. I had to get used to the new control scheme for combat since I'm so used to the previous one from the other games. Still giggling like an idiot when I get to use new combos when I unlock them since they're stupid fun.
To make the adjustment easier, switch to the classic control style. That way you don't have to play it like Dark Souls. Made combat a whole lot easier for me.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
To make the adjustment easier, switch to the classic control style. That way you don't have to play it like Dark Souls. Made combat a whole lot easier for me.
Welp, I feel like a dumb dumb now because I didn't know that was an option. XD

Honestly, I've gotten used to it at this point and I'm far enough in the game that it's a point of stubbornness on my part. I'll have to do that when I replay the game next time since I have a feeling I won't become a pancake again after the first fight in the game.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Welp, I feel like a dumb dumb now because I didn't know that was an option. XD

Honestly, I've gotten used to it at this point and I'm far enough in the game that it's a point of stubbornness on my part. I'll have to do that when I replay the game next time since I have a feeling I won't become a pancake again after the first fight in the game.
I discovered a similar situation when I was 2 hours in to the game. As soon as I looked at the control options, I immeately went to classic controls. Took me an hour to get used to it. Enjoy and have fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiz_The_Toaster

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I'm currently running through Nioh 2 while occasionally dipping into Modern Warfare 2 Remastered. And I plan on starting Doom 3 and Doom (2016) fairly soon.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I am currently bouncing back and forth between Persona 5 Royal and Animal Crossing.

I've never played an Animal Crossing game before and I'm slowly starting to understand why people can put hundreds of hours into it... send help.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Currently playing Persona 5 Royale with some Bannerlord thrown in. Starting tomorrow, FF7R will also be joining that list as I inevitably neglect Bannerlord for P5R and FF7R. >_>

Chupathingy

CONTROL Agent
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Finished playing Rule of Rose.

I went in with expectations of a game with horrible gameplay and good everything else and I got a game with serviceable gameplay and very good everything, so I'm happy.
The story was dark and twisted, the atmosphere was well done (the part that takes place in the 'Gingerbread House' was particularly poignant), and the pacing was pretty good for the most part.

In regards to the gameplay there were two things in particular that stood out positively to me. First of all, you can 'drop' any items you find at any point and they are automatically transferred to the item box, which was very convenient. The other useful feature is your dog companion, Brown, can sniff items you posses and then seek out other copies or similar items. This includes story items, which when sniffed will cause him to lead you to the next story point, which eliminates a lot of unnecessary backtracking and exploring.

morsomk

The Shape of Water was the worst movie of 2017.
Legacy
Apr 8, 2020
Hell
Country
Cold
I'll just list all the games I've been messing around in the last month or so.

Doom Eternal, Animal Crossing: New Horizon, Northgard, Final Fantasy 14, Deep Rock Galactic, Ni No Kuni 2, Diablo 3, Hades, Stoneshard and the list goes on.

Haven't found anything to stick on for too long, there's always something that kinda annoys me or I just never get back to it.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Except that kinda screws up the camera control. The reason default combat is on the shoulder and trigger button is so your right thumb is free to move the camera around during combat. I don't know how you made that work with combat on the face buttons.

OT: Playing through RE3 Remake on Nightmare difficulty, and despite some shenanigans I'm enjoying it way more than on the lower Hardcore. There are moments where I'm like 'Please game, no! God no, why would you do this to me!?' Like I'm actually feeling a sense of despair, almost like I'm playing a character surrounded by horrific monsters. The game doesn't have any real puzzles like RE2 Remake, but on Nightmare a lot of the enemy encounters become the puzzles.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Except that kinda screws up the camera control. The reason default combat is on the shoulder and trigger button is so your right thumb is free to move the camera around during combat. I don't know how you made that work with combat on the face buttons.

OT: Playing through RE3 Remake on Nightmare difficulty, and despite some shenanigans I'm enjoying it way more than on the lower Hardcore. There are moments where I'm like 'Please game, no! God no, why would you do this to me!?' Like I'm actually feeling a sense of despair, almost like I'm playing a character surrounded by horrific monsters. The game doesn't have any real puzzles like RE2 Remake, but on Nightmare a lot of the enemy encounters become the puzzles.
Camera control was more or less fine for me. I can't speak for you, but I did not experience any worse camera problems with classic control scheme, I prefer my aiming button to be L2 & The Son button to be R2. The classic controls give me faster reaction time on the face buttons, than the trigger buttons.