What are you currently playing?

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I'm replaying Far Cry 5. Killing cultists is always satisfying, and the Seeds are such arrogant asses you don't feel bad setting their people on fire and having a bear maul them before beating their skulls in with a crowbar.
Good, wholesome fun.
I don't give a crap what anyone says, Far Cry 5 is fantastic. It's messages, or lack thereof, sucked. The game itself though was absurdly satisfying and most of the villains are insanely compelling.
Something I've been having fun doing this year is using a Twitter thread to track all the games I've completed.
I'm very bad about not completing games that I start, so it's served as a fun little tracker for myself.
I did that in an excel sheet once.... lasted about a month before it got tossed. I think Baldur's Gate did me in.

I've been playing so much Stellaris and Pirate Warriors 4. The former just got all my mods updated for the new expansion and the latter just game out and is amazing.

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Decided to play through Ghost Recon: Wildlands. It's actually quite fun. Lots of stuff to do and to unlock. I didn't mind all the unlocking when I was younger and had more time. Now I don't mind it again, stuck at home with almost nothing else to do. What this shows me is that games like Wildlands tend to be made for people who aren't that busy. So, as much as I like the game, I still think it's badly designed. There are games that are a whole lot more fun than Wildlands regardless of how much time you have to devote to them, and that don't require a massive amount of time to get all the stuff that they have to offer.
I just started up Breakpoint following the new Immersion update and while it's a bit more fun to play now, the world is just so bland and empty with a complete lack of any variety in missions. Disappointed, but hopefully they learn and come back with another one that's a lot better down the line.

Denmark

Apr 3, 2020
It's mostly old games on my phone, but I'm almost finished with Mega Man Zero, the first in a series that got an anniversary collection not long ago. It's kinda hard, so it's been taking up a lot of my game time.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I've been going between Fallout 76, Crossout, World of Tanks, and Overlord 2. Mostly between 76 and Crossout.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
The games I have played most recently are Resident Evil 6 and Deep Rock Galactic, both in coop.

Resident Evil 6 is a terrible game that manages to be fun in coop despite (or because of?) what a complete mess it is.

Deep Rock Galactic is legit great, it's a take on Left 4 Dead, or even more closely Vermintide, that emphasizes exploration, navigation and creative movement over pure combat...though there's plenty of combat to be had as well. I can really recommend it if anyone is looking for a good coop shooter to play with friends in these isolating times.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
At the moment I'm playing River City Girls, Risk of Rain 2, Mechs V Kaiju and I'll probably be starting a doom mod called Rekkr.

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Just finished Draugen today. Pretty good story, but the ending was rushed and the mystery just fizzled out. It was originally a psychological horror game, so you could tell it was rushed out by the end.

Now starting up Journey to the Savage Planet.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Playing through RE3 Remake again and trying not to hate it.. It's a weird sensation.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Dumping time into beatsaber and a couple other VR games to make sure I'm getting my exercise (in spite of "spring" having apparently come its still snowing where I am), and playing through all the Halo games from the master chief collection. Halo 1 has not aged well. I know it was a big deal at the time, but holy sweet jesus I hate the warthog controls and the combat is not impressive by any stretch.

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Animal Crossing New Horizons

trying to play Final Fantasy 7 remake too but i have too many chores i need to do in AC NH

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Halo 1 has not aged well. I know it was a big deal at the time, but holy sweet jesus I hate the warthog controls and the combat is not impressive by any stretch.
Yeah, that's what's kept me from buying it myself. When I take off the nostalgia glasses, I remember that the combat was really pretty naff.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I've heard nothing but good things, save its length
Nemesis is wasted and awkwardly implemented, the game rushes you through environments making the experience feel smaller than it already is, and there's one Boss fight that fucking sucks. There's also the annoyance of Jill's death sequence by zombie sometimes taking 10 seconds to finally end and allow you to reload. Initially this isn't too much of an issue, but you will die a lot in this game, certainly on Hardcore. And when you're trying to practice your Perfect Dodge skills and have to sit through a 10-second long death animation AND a load screen everytime you mess up, it becomes quite aggravating. This game begs for a faster respawn.

There's plenty about the game that I like; Action's good, game looks fenomenal, characters are likeable and well acted, main antagonist is deliciously evil, and it even managed to mix in a lot of the original soundtrack into the score. But the rest of it that sucks makes the whole experience just kind of frustrating.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Dumping time into beatsaber and a couple other VR games to make sure I'm getting my exercise (in spite of "spring" having apparently come its still snowing where I am), and playing through all the Halo games from the master chief collection. Halo 1 has not aged well. I know it was a big deal at the time, but holy sweet jesus I hate the warthog controls and the combat is not impressive by any stretch.
It’s not impressive, and friendly AI is still deeply stupid but it works. It’s not broken, or buggy (so far) but it’s not going to compare to say, DOOM!16 or DOOM Eternal.

The warthog is naff though, hate that thing.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I finally got my copy of Persona 5R in the mail yesterday so I'm 8 hours into that (first dungeon done). It was a 66-hour game last time around so with the additional content I'm thinking it'll be 75-80. So I'm ~10% through.
You must've blitzed it then, cause it took me about 100 hours on my first run, and I didn't side quest all that much, let alone gave the Mementos requests much attention... Looking to be around that this time around again, even with the extra content. Knowing what I'm doing helps a lot.

OT: Same, P5R. Tons of fun

Chupathingy

CONTROL Agent
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Halo 1 has not aged well. I know it was a big deal at the time, but holy sweet jesus I hate the warthog controls and the combat is not impressive by any stretch.
As someone who just did his first proper playthrough of Halo (never owned an Xbox and had a shit PC) I had a ton of fun (except the Library, that level sucks) playing through it on heroic. I'm also having a blast playing multiplayer with friends.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Given my current predicaments I can only play mobile games, and those sparringly. That being said:

Arknights is a gacha tower defense game. As far as gacha games go, it's pretty fair with it's monetisation. And I mean that in the sense that you can do just about everything without spending money, you even get it's premium currency when you first complete stages and when you do their challenge runs. With proper strategy you don't require higher rarity characters to progress, and as a matter of fact it might be detrimental to use too many of them, as they cost more to deploy.

Mobile Legends is a LoL ripoff. It's even worse than LoL. That is all you need know.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - mainly because I never played the Disappearance of da Vinci DLC.

Going to get around to playing some more Total War: Warhammer 2 at some point, too.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Played a good bit of Dishonored 2 lately. Wanna play Bannerlord some, but can't really play games rn

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
I'll bring this over from the old forums as my first post here. Like the new surroundings.

I'm finally taking a break from BL 3 after finishing Guns, Love, and Tentacles. All in all, a fun little DLC. Good enough jokes throughout, not long enough to wear out its welcome, and plenty of fun things to shoot. And I'm potentially done until the next DLC because you can easily hit the level cap playing through normal mode. BL 3 has a TVHM... and no real reason to play it, so I'm kind of done with it when I only thought I was halfway through. Disappointing, seriously disappointing. And the lack of being able to chose what game you are joining in multiplayer, means friends only or lan are the only good online options. So this weekend I installed a bunch of games I got for free from Epic.

Totally Reliable Delivery Service: Purposefully frustrating gameplay and physics engines can make for a fun game. And this one does, but wears out its welcome pretty fast.

The Stanley Parable: A thoroughly enjoyable hour.

Hello Neighbor: An interesting roguelike, it would be nice if trips to a wiki weren't necessary to get anywhere.

Farming Simulator 19: Finally Farming Simulator got a good enough driving engine to get sort of fun. Problem is if (like me) you grew up on a farm then the only satisfying way to play is to go through the tutorials to figure out how things work... then go immediately to the hardest mode. Because even that isn't as hard as actual farming.