What are you currently playing?

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Persona 5 Royal: Palace #4 complete. Five more to go after this one, but first, a whole lot of story events.

Probably the best change from the original game to Royal is reclaiming evenings. Rather than locking you out of the evening time slot if you go into a dungeon or have a story event on a certain day, you're able to do stuff around the cafe to increase your social stats, and on a lot of story days you can even go outside and hang out with your night-time confidants. Exams and some events still prevent you from doing anything, but it gives you a lot more time to build everything up, which is pretty useful to have with all the extra stuff to do.

Related: DVD rentals no longer have deadlines or late fees.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Hades

The Olympians are a bunch of capricious assholes. As they should be. Except the eponymous Hades, who is also an asshole, mind you, but at least seems to take this shit moderately serious. As he should be.

Reactions: Trunkage

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Still chipping away at the gold medal requirements in RDR2. Got over 25% of them now for the trophy with a few missions left in chapter 2. My hope is to be able to get them all before the epilogues.

Also, doing Mileena’s first character tower in MK11. She’s not the easiest fighter to learn combo-wise but is fun to play as. Lots of mixups, good pressure and options. About her only real weakness seems to be limited range of normals; especially punches. Such a contrast from my last main, Skarlet.

Also on stage 23 of 30 for the gauntlet towers. So far not nearly as difficult as MK9’s challenge towers and thankfully only a tenth of the size. The konsumables really help put the odds in your favor for some of these fights, and I like being able to restart a fight if needed without losing the ones you selected.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'm playing through a bunch of stuff.

I'm a good 28 hours or so into Dragon Quest 11 on the Switch. It's very much old school JRPG comfort food, yet still not to the extent that Final Fantasy 10 is, unfortunately. It's still pretty fun though. I've missed this relaxed sensation of going on an adventure through a nice, likeable, and colorful world. The characters are alright, but a bit too anime to really be enjoyed. I love the enemy designs and animations though. It's really a fucking shame the musical score is done by a scumbag war crime denier.

I'm also playing Hades, which is pretty great, though I don't know how much rogue-likes are my thing. The artstyle really reminds me of Okami which is a good thing, and it's surprising how much I love looking at those character portraits. Nix is best girl so far.

I've also started the Ni No Kuni remaster on PS4, but I'm not far enough into it to really have an opinion on it yet, apart from the visuals which obviously look splendid. I was also able to pick it up for just 10 bucks, so I thought 'why the hell not'.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hades

The Olympians are a bunch of capricious assholes. As they should be. Except the eponymous Hades, who is also an asshole, mind you, but at least seems to take this shit moderately serious. As he should be.
So similar to God of War, mostly accurate to the Greek mythology.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So similar to God of War, mostly accurate to the Greek mythology.
Kind of, in the sense that the gods are sadists who enjoy toying with mortals, and Greek heroes tend to not be very nice, because honor in ancient times was more about how good you were at brutally disemboweling anyone who dared look at you funny, rather than, you know, not murdering them.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
DRM most likely.
I know, but it's just annoying regardless. SP is supposed to have the one advantage that it'll be playable for as long as you have a good working copy of the game and something to play it on. If I have a working NES and a working NES cartridge, I can still play Super Mario Bros from 35 years ago. Baring that, I can emulate super mario Bros on a computer easily. That's SP at it's most basic to me.

To some people, SP means "We can disable the game once the servers are down because FU, that's why. Also, the servers will only stay up until we feel like it's no longer worth maintaining it, rendering your game inert and useless without messing with the code(which is illegal)."

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
I know, but it's just annoying regardless. SP is supposed to have the one advantage that it'll be playable for as long as you have a good working copy of the game and something to play it on. If I have a working NES and a working NES cartridge, I can still play Super Mario Bros from 35 years ago. Baring that, I can emulate super mario Bros on a computer easily. That's SP at it's most basic to me.

To some people, SP means "We can disable the game once the servers are down because FU, that's why. Also, the servers will only stay up until we feel like it's no longer worth maintaining it, rendering your game inert and useless without messing with the code(which is illegal)."
I don't disagree with any of this, but remember, we are also not the Borg that make up most companies' executive boards.

Reactions: Dalisclock

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Omgomgomgomg

Test weekend results;

Miles Morales Spiderman - Yes! Excellent.
Spiderman - Yes continued.
Days Gone - Good good!
Dying Light - Boo!
Anthem - Double boo!
Cyberpunk - Haha! Oh dear.
No Man's Sky - Yes! Lovely.
Horizon Zero Dawn. - Big booo! Seriously?
Ghost of a Tale - Yes!
Jedi Fallen Orders - Yep.
Crash Remastered - Super boo! Come on, you're a cartoon ffs!
Ghost of Tsushima - Very yes!
Assassin's Creed Valhalla - So much yes!
Watch Dogs Legion - Apparently a Boo!...?
Fallout and Skyrim - Chronic boos! Sort it out bethesda.
Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy - Double boo!
TLoU2 - Bonus Boo!
Bugsnax - Thankful yes!
Destiny 2 - Yup!

Tests will continue.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Meshakhad

Legacy
Sep 29, 2020
Country
Combined Syndicates of America
Surviving the Aftermath. Pretty good. I've survived three catastrophes so far, although I'm still struggling to keep up my labor force.

And, of course, more TNO.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Surviving the Aftermath. Pretty good. I've survived three catastrophes so far, although I'm still struggling to keep up my labor force.

And, of course, more TNO.
Yeah labor force is always a problem. I always tried to keep around 5 carriers if possible, otherwise the resource flow stagnates. I started shutting down certain industries when they weren't needed, and moving the staff to other things. Especially resources that I could scavenge in the world with explorers. So like tools and clothing, I'd rarely have anyone crafting them, because you could find lots of those while exploring.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I'm still working my way through Cyberpunk 2077 while also doing holiday stuff in warframe and kinda dipping my toes into Destiny 2 again... mainly the pvp since its so weird trying to figure out what to do with the pve content.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Decided to do a round of The Takeover on a whim. My favorite characters are Ethan and Jackson. The former is the Axel/Cody of the game with a Hadouken and the latter is like a combination of Adam and Skate. Jackson has the backwards baseball cap and gimmick move set/weapon. He's the only one to carry a melee weapons with him (baseball bat), and the sawed double barrel shotgun can cause knock back damage when whipped out. The one thing Pelikan13 did not take from the Streets of Rage games was the back attack move. I can tell it was a deliberate choice on his part, but I felt he should have added that move in. I get why, because the game already has enough exploits as it is, and the back attack would have ruined the design flow he already set in motion. Any change and he would have to rework the mechanics and combat all over again. Still a great tribute to 2D brawlers every where. @ObsidianJones if you need any advice, feel free to ask me.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
If the stars align and my professors stop being big butts, I might actually be able to play video games again next year. My girlfriend got me a PS4 game for Christmas, but since quarantine, we haven't seen each other and I have no idea what it is. I'm hoping its Spider-man, but I also wouldn't mind if its God of War. I also want to get Ghost of Tsushima or Fallen Order, but both games are still weirdly expensive secondhand even until now.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
If the stars align and my professors stop being big butts, I might actually be able to play video games again next year. My girlfriend got me a PS4 game for Christmas, but since quarantine, we haven't seen each other and I have no idea what it is. I'm hoping its Spider-man, but I also wouldn't mind if its God of War. I also want to get Ghost of Tsushima or Fallen Order, but both games are still weirdly expensive secondhand even until now.
What if it's Cyberpunk?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Thankfully, my girlfriend is more of a gamer than I (in that she gets to play more video games), so she's fully aware of the dumpster fire that is Cyberpunk.

That would be pretty fucking funny/depressing though.
If she got you that, it might be a "Dear John"(essentially a breakup notice) gift. I would hope it's not either way.

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
Tried Outward. I'm pretty much only going to play this to play co-op with a friend and tag along on his journey.

While I like what the game has tried to do... it's just too poorly done and incredibly janky for me to want to play this alone.