What are You Playing Now / Last Game You Beat

JaKandDaxter

War does change
Jan 10, 2009
Playing Guns, Gore, and Cannoli. It's not a bad game, and it has redeeming qualities. But the screenshots and trailer make it seem slightly better than it is. I was expecting something along the lines of Metal Slug, which is an excellent sidescroller. But GG&C is lacking in gameplay elements, and its no wonder why it didn't get much press. But for 5 bucks, I'm am getting my money's worth as I'm playing it.

I wish there was a gameplay mechanic that lets you shoot at a 45 degree angle, so you can hit enemies walking down the stairs. Instead of having to wait for them to come down, and risk getting sandwiched by ambushing enemies behind you. Getting sandwiched between hordes is common, and hard to escape from. I would also like a weapon wheel instead of having to button mash triangle to get the gun I want. Which causes me to lose health in tight quarters or die.

The main character has a nice mafia like personality as an enforcer. And the artstyle is not bad at all. Nice 1920-30's setting with a gangster and zombie theme. And although there's a nice variety of enemies. I would have been fine not fighting zombies.

dr_what

Oct 6, 2012
Currently playing Dragon Ball Xenoverse on the ps3 and loving it. It's a nice game just to play and relax with as it's not overly complicated.
Also been replaying MGS3 HD edition because I love me some Big Boss

last Game I finished was MGS V; great gameplay, so much fun hunting for music tapes, but the story and copy-pasted missions really let it down as an experience

Darthpathfinder

Apr 27, 2007
dr_what said:
Currently playing Dragon Ball Xenoverse on the ps3 and loving it. It's a nice game just to play and relax with as it's not overly complicated.
Also been replaying MGS3 HD edition because I love me some Big Boss

last Game I finished was MGS V; great gameplay, so much fun hunting for music tapes, but the story and copy-pasted missions really let it down as an experience
I had been meaning to get DBX for the 360......Is it any good?

Jute88

Sep 17, 2015
Crusader Kings II. But since I seem to be having problems saving the game, I'm probably going back to playing Mount & Blade Warband: The Last Days of Middle Earth.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Currently playing Batman: Arkham City on PC. I had already finished it on PS3, but then I got it for free after the whole Arkham Knight debacle, so, I figured, why not?

Also, Shadow Hearts on a PS2 emulator, that game still has that odd vibe that I haven't experienced before or since (relax, I've got an original copy and two working PS2s, it's just that my monitor doesn't have a scart input and I don't want to shell out ?100 for a converter).

Guffe said:
With a quick skim through the answers I am the first one mentioning Xenoblade Chronicles X.
currently 110 hours into the game and I am on chapter 11, I think there are 14 or 15?

Basically I am doing sidemissions, affinity missions and trying to explore the last parts of the world. Trying to fill up the collectopedia and so on. Maybe in 2 or 3 hours I must take the next step of the storymode to acquire more of the sidemissions. Then I am getting to a levele and affinity between characters to start doing the harder affinity missions (you can become better friends with different characters and heighten the affinty between you by doig missions together, and by doing that one acquires more sidemissions and you get to know the NPC characters and their history).

I am really enjoying the game, hell I wouldn't have put 100+ hours into it if I didn't.
I just wish I'd get real people to play with, and try doing online missions in a group with real players and not just NPCs.
Fun fact, I actually have Xenoblade Chronicles X, limited edition, bought it on the first day.

Not playing it though.

Because I'm not paying 285 big ones for a console that only has one game worth buying, especially when I can buy a PS4 with superior hardware for the same price. I'm waiting till it drops to at least 200. I did the same thing with the original Wii, though at least then, I had more than one reason to buy the console (three in fact: Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower).

dr_what

Oct 6, 2012
Darthpathfinder said:
As a big dragon ball z fan I can say it really compliments the universe and respects the source material well, but there is the occasional slowdown on ps3 when there's six or seven fighters on screen. Not unplayable due to a patch but can upset the flow a little, I imagine it may be similar on the 360
Still, its fun creating your own character and working to get the skills you want for them. Theirs also local and online multiplayer for one on one fighting, and quests have online co-op too. Worth checking out if your a fan of fighting games with RPG elements or of dragon ball z in general.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Currently playing Metal Gear Solid. Guys...I hate this Sniper Wolf fight...what the fuck is up with the aiming system in this game? Why is Snake swaying the scope like he drank a bottle of Jack?! O_O...

Oh and the last game I beat was Hitman Absolution two years ago I think. I haven't had a lot of time for gaming.

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
Metro: Last Light Redux.

I just completed The Tower special mission with the arena scenarios on hardcore difficulty. Thing is as hard as balls. I don't think I've ever played another shooter that's expected so much of me.

Since I've already completed Hail Reich, the rest of these missions are going to be cake by comparison for sure. Most so far are. Pavel and Spider's Lair didn't kill me once.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
After a week-long binge of WWII documentaries, I decided to replay the entirety of my World War II vidya. I'm currently killing Nazis off of Point Du Hoc, Normandy (CoD2).

I went a bit out of order and beat World at War yesterday. It was quite a bit shorter than I remember, but more-or-less made up for length with sheer brutality. Watching nips and krauts burn alive is pretty brutal shit.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Arqus_Zed said:
Currently playing Batman: Arkham City on PC.

Guffe said:
With a quick skim through the answers I am the first one mentioning Xenoblade Chronicles X.
currently 110 hours into the game and I am on chapter 11, I think there are 14 or 15?
Fun fact, I actually have Xenoblade Chronicles X, limited edition, bought it on the first day.

Not playing it though.
three in fact: Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower).
Aah, Operation Rainfall :)
I liked Xenoblade and Last Story out of those 3, Pandora just got really repetative and boring for me, except for the bossfights.

I can totally see why you're not getting the WiiU for just one game, but I can tell you there are a lot of other good games for the console :D
Games which you can only find for the WiiU. Then for someone like me, who didn't have a PS3 or Xbox360 there were even more games since they converted a few games from those platforms for the WiiU when it launched.

Hope there will show up a few more games for the console you are interested in, at least so you'll get to play Xenoblade, great game :)

Dragonzeanse

Mar 17, 2015
After I finally learned how to play Europa Universalis 4, I finished XCOM 2 (got it at launch) and Xenonauts. Now, I'm playing Fire Emblem: Conquest.

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
Right now I guess I'm replaying Fallout 4, a second character to do the brotherhood of steel line, but I'm eternally playing and replaying fate stay night and hollow ataraxia

the last game I actually finished and didn't get distracted half way through because I bought another game was probably Rise of the Tomb Raider
though that's probably because the entire game lasted about 40 seconds

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
MHR said:
Metro: Last Light Redux.

I just completed The Tower special mission with the arena scenarios on hardcore difficulty. Thing is as hard as balls. I don't think I've ever played another shooter that's expected so much of me.

Since I've already completed Hail Reich, the rest of these missions are going to be cake by comparison for sure. Most so far are. Pavel and Spider's Lair didn't kill me once.
There is a ridiculous spread of difficulty in Last Light Redux's DLC missions: Pavel and Spider's Lair are easy stealth jaunts, but Hail Reich basically comes down to luck in the tank battle and I've yet to reach even halfway point in the Tower. It doesn't help that even on Spartan difficulty, enemies have perfect accuracy and radioactively enhanced reflexes.

OT

After finishing XCOM 2 the other week, I purchased Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin for the PS4 and have been grinding through that. Barring the DLC areas, I have found it to be surprisingly easy - I like to think this is because of my hard-won experience in Bloodborne, but it's probably based more on a game-breaking armour and tower shield build.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012

Last Game I Beat: SUPERHOT.

Pros:
- The unique gameplay aspect of it: The times moves only if YOU move.
- VERY addictive.
- Beatiful to look at it, especially if you see slowly the fragments of an enemy fly away from you.
- Many different kind of situations you need to overcome which make you more think more strategically
before you act.
- Fast reload funtion which make you feel more agressive and excited to continue playing a level without
feeling you wasted time.
- Tons of Extra Missions which can play differently the game [for example in some missions you use only a
Katana, in other you play the game with a specific time limit, etc] and an Endless mode to play
FOREVER!!!
- Cool little aesthetic stuffs you can see/watch/play which help to built the unique atmosphere of the
game.
- It have some VERY interesting secrets. Cool.
- Many updates in the future as told by the Developers. SUPER!!!! HOT!!!!

Cons:
- The idea behind the story of the game is ok I guess, but I hoped for something more unique.
The story get a little more interesting if you find the secrets I told above.
- The Story mode of the game is very short. I believe you can literally finish it in one sit.
- For the people who looking a variety of things you can see and do in the game, will get disappointed.
You just kill the same red dudes the whole time with some exceptions.
- I was hoping for more complicate behavior for the enemies. A good idea would be the enemies could
throw the weapons at you as well, or even cut your bullets if they are holding a Katana. I hope for a
future update or mode like this.
- Only three type of guns: Pistol, Shotgun and Rifle.
- The Katana is cool, but is slide only horizontally [I hope I am wrong of course].
- The aesthetic stuffs are worth only to see them only once. They don't offer a lot sadly.
- The Extra Missions are the same levels you played in Story Mode.

Conclusion:
For the players who love FPS in general and want some unique to play, plus the fact is very addictive and fast like Hotline Miami and Devil Daggers, I highly recommend it.

9/10 - Awesome Game

Game I Play Now: Dead Space.

Yep, I recently started playing the game. After I fixed some VERY serious issues the game had [like crashed when you open the map and mouse function], the game is very enjoyable and sometimes even very scary. I hope it get better.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Chester Rabbit said:
Currently playing Metal Gear Solid. Guys...I hate this Sniper Wolf fight...what the fuck is up with the aiming system in this game? Why is Snake swaying the scope like he drank a bottle of Jack?! O_O...

Oh and the last game I beat was Hitman Absolution two years ago I think. I haven't had a lot of time for gaming.
If I remember right, you must take a special pill which make you more calm and you don't shake a lot anymore.
Also there is a strategy which make the game the most easiest fight in the whole game without the need to use a Sniper.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
B-Cell said:
Played evil within recently and didnot liked it. quite it and uninstalled it. controlling was so bad..
PC or for a Console? I have plans to buy it if it get VERY cheap.

Darthpathfinder

Apr 27, 2007
dr_what said:
Darthpathfinder said:
As a big dragon ball z fan I can say it really compliments the universe and respects the source material well, but there is the occasional slowdown on ps3 when there's six or seven fighters on screen. Not unplayable due to a patch but can upset the flow a little, I imagine it may be similar on the 360
Still, its fun creating your own character and working to get the skills you want for them. Theirs also local and online multiplayer for one on one fighting, and quests have online co-op too. Worth checking out if your a fan of fighting games with RPG elements or of dragon ball z in general.
Thanks for the info. I have been looking for a DB RPG to sink my teeth into.....

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Last game I finished? Don't know precisely. I think I finished Tomb Raider (the first new reboot thing one) and a campaign in Shogun 2 at about the same time. It was the first time I actually finished a Shogun 2 campaign; In Total War games I have the tendency to abandon games when I get to the point where I can steamroll everything.

As for what I'm playing now, oh dear, so many at the moment.

- The Witcher 3. I had a bit of a false start with this game (as I often have with new games) but I started a new playthrough and I'm having lots of fun. I can see where the people who praise it are coming from. Level 9 now, so (hopefully) a long way to go.

- Guild Wars 2. Always playing that. Just finished my 7th legendary and saving some money to craft Mjolnir now.

- Cities Skylines. My current city has about 70000 inhabitants and is doing splendidly. I solved most of the traffic problems around my downtown area and I'm rapidly expanding now. Got a villa park in the hills, big industrial area across the river and I just plopped down my airport.

- Tales of Zestiria. Again a false start. Started another playthrough, taking it slower and I'm at about the spot where I left off last time. But somehow I get the feeling I'll be restarting that one again...

- Dragon's Dogma. I finally bought it for PC after playing it to death on PS3. I'm faffing about the Everfall now, getting money and levels. Good fun again. I might pop into Bitterblack Isle soon.

- Metal Gear Solid 5. I don't know whether to consider it a playthrough in progress or a finished one. There's nothing more I really want from the story and the gameplay is starting to bore me a bit.

- Shadow of Mordor. I was having fun, but it's starting to get repetitive as well. The way it flaunts or subverts all manner of Tolkien lore is starting to grate a bit as well.

- Fallout 4. I'm actually surprised by how much I'm enjoying it, but the story is ehhhhh as usual. I'm thinking of picking up an earlier save to salvage it a bit and tune it some more to my liking, if possible.

Plus some recently started savegames in Sleeping Dogs, Skyrim, Torchlight 2, Far Cry 4, Metro 2033 and Divinity Original Sin. So much to do, so little time!