What are You Playing Now / Last Game You Beat

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
ZombieProof said:
Playing through the fallout 4 survival beta and oh man, what a sublime experience. While it's not as back breaking as something like Stalker/Misery, it provides a fair amount of challenge and definitely a whole lot of fun. What I like most about it is how it puts so much more gravity on the second to second decisions you make as well as planning well before engaging combat. Gameplay elements I totally overlooked and took for granted before are now at the forefront of every decision I make and the sleep/save only element paints the entire experience with a nice layer of tension. I'm really digging it.
come on my friend. Fallout is not even a shadow of Stalker. there is huge difference between both. I always consider fallout 3 a poor mans Stalker when it was released year after Stalker.

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
B-Cell said:
ZombieProof said:
Playing through the fallout 4 survival beta and oh man, what a sublime experience. While it's not as back breaking as something like Stalker/Misery, it provides a fair amount of challenge and definitely a whole lot of fun. What I like most about it is how it puts so much more gravity on the second to second decisions you make as well as planning well before engaging combat. Gameplay elements I totally overlooked and took for granted before are now at the forefront of every decision I make and the sleep/save only element paints the entire experience with a nice layer of tension. I'm really digging it.
come on my friend. Fallout is not even a shadow of Stalker. there is huge difference between both. I always consider fallout 3 a poor mans Stalker when it was released year after Stalker.
I think you may be confused.

Fallout 3 is pretty different from fallout 4 and the fallout 4 base game is pretty different from the survival beta that was released yesterday. The survival beta is what I'm talking about and I only kinda compared that to The Misery mod. I don't think we're talking about the same thing.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
playing fallout 4 again with a new character and enjoying the new dlc.. im currently playing as the silver shroud with her new companion the mistress of mystery ie a minigun/gatling laser/clusterbomb launcher battle robot.

also playing it for a book im writing as well :)

JaKandDaxter

War does change
Jan 10, 2009
Played a round of this baby

My dad asked me to work on my brothers old Windows XP Dell laptop. And I couldn't resist using some of my free time for this game. Its my favorite pinball game of all time. All the lights, bells, and whistles with numerous opportunities for bonuses. And it has an objective other than just hitting the ball. Which is upgrading the ship in the center as many may recall.

After playing a few pinball games in the arcade recently. They don't compare to this one. I'm also didn't have much rust, scoring a little over a million in my first and only playthrough today.

Feb 26, 2014
I just beat Mad Max. It was fun right up until the end when a bunch of terrible things happened. I don't think I've ever hated the ending of a game as much as I've hated Mad Max's.

Right now I'm playing Destiny, a game that's boring the crap out of me, and Samurai Warriors 4 Empires, a game that's annoying the crap out of me.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Dark Souls to both questions. Nearly twice.

I think I'm getting to the point where I could conceivably speedrun it if I just tried a bit harder.

Wish I could have imported Dark Souls 3. But I already paid off most of my physical NA preorder. :(

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
The last game I beat was Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. I absolutely loved the world, characters, tone, and story. Most of it came together fantastically, and it felt like the proper dark RPG with complex choices The Witcher 2 tried to be but failed miserably at (to me at least). Unfortunately, what little didn't fall under that "most" was enough to ruin the experience,

I chose to go independent of any faction, and I planned to follow Beckett's advice to not open the Sarcophagus. Of course, for some unexplained reason, the game removes this option right at the end and you're forced to either open the Sarcophagus (something I would never do) or give the key to LaCroix (something I would definitely never do given the potential outcome). I've heard LaCroix Dominates the player, but that's either pure theory or something my character managed to avoid.

In the end, I figured opening the Sarcophagus was more within my character's character than giving the key to LaCroix. Of course, she died from a decision she would have never made. I don't think I've yelled "Fuck this game!" louder in my life. I certainly have never uninstalled a game faster in my life. The only delay was from sheer unbelief that they ruined it all in the last thirty seconds of the game.

So yeah, some may not see it as a huge issue, but I definitely did. Sure, I've seen endings with worse presentation, but I've never seen one that so thoroughly ruined the entire experience and made sure I couldn't possibly enjoy the game again. It's also the last time I make a thread about a game before finishing it.

As for the game I'm playing now, I'm replaying Dragon Age: Origins. Thankfully, it has mostly taken my mind off of Bloodlines.

JaKandDaxter

War does change
Jan 10, 2009
Ezekiel said:
I finished The Phantom Pain. Didn't think I would, but the story started to pick up. I didn't hate the ending. It's easily the worst story of all five games, though. Still, I'm glad to have seen it through. I don't get why people say there's still stuff to tie up. Go any further and you'll be retelling Metal Gear 1 and 2. Hideo Kojima didn't have an interest in doing that and I understand why.
Yea I don't really see what was the big fuss over the timeline of events. And ultimately the Eli conclusion in the 2nd half is known, even if it wasn't included in the final product.

MGSV seems to be a good enough midquel to bridge the gap of events between Peace Walker and the Metal gear games. Even if the game still feels incomplete and lacking in areas that the other games did better. I suppose that was in part to Konami not willing to spend anymore than $80 million to develop MGSV. So KP had to scrap together whatever they had at that point by the looks of it.

Amigastar

Any Color you like
Jul 19, 2007
Just wanted to play GTA IV on PC. How stupid is this after so many years i have to confirm the gamedate, Login into RSC and deal with the absence of Windows Live and still getting error message.
Can't they just drop drm on such an old game?

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
Amigastar said:
Just wanted to play GTA IV on PC. How stupid is this after so many years i have to confirm the gamedate, Login into RSC and deal with the absence of Windows Live and still getting error message.
Ouch man. I assume you're playing from the disk version? It might be possible to activate the game on steam via the code, that way the game will get patched to the latest and least intrusive Rockstar Social Club.

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
I just finished Metro 2033 Redux for the first time (though I've played through the original Metro 2033 3 times or so). Last Light will follow soon, though I'll probably play through something else in between.

I'm a big fan of the STALKER and Metro games... much moreso than any other shooters made in recent years. Nice way to see what my new PC can do too. The shooting is so solid and so tense (at least on Ranger mode, which is all I've ever played) that I could see a great Ghost Recon type game using this engine. Clearing rooms with NVGs and laser sighted silenced weapons is a fantastic experience, even though it's not really the base game.

JaKandDaxter

War does change
Jan 10, 2009
Amigastar said:
An unfortunate aspect of excessive DRM. At this point, only GTA 4 making a GOG apperence will fix the DRM solution. Outside of a potential torrent version without Windows Live, which I wouldn't know about.

JaKandDaxter

War does change
Jan 10, 2009
ZombieProof said:
Ouch man. I assume you're playing from the disk version? It might be possible to activate the game on steam via the code, that way the game will get patched to the latest and least intrusive Rockstar Social Club.
Well it looks like we have a nice potential solution out there after all.

Based on the information avaliable, I had to assume the worse of another developer abandoning an older game and leaving a big problem behind.

LookingGlass said:
snip
That screenshot looks pretty sweet and immersive. Even from a 5inch smartphone.

Haven't got into the Metro games, but glad you enjoyed them. I plan on trying it again with the Redux version at some point.

Amigastar

Any Color you like
Jul 19, 2007
ZombieProof said:
Amigastar said:
yes, i have the Disk version which i had since release, gotta try the steam activation though, thx didn't know that it was possible.
Edit: didn't work unfortunately.

@-Jak-
tried that too :) cough*Repack*Cough with no success so far.

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
Amigastar said:
ZombieProof said:
Amigastar said:
yes, i have the Disk version which i had since release, gotta try the steam activation though, thx didn't know that it was possible.
Edit: didn't work unfortunately.

@-Jak-
tried that too :) cough*Repack*Cough with no success so far.
Dammit, sorry man. Guess that only works with the episodes :(

Amigastar

Any Color you like
Jul 19, 2007
Hey, it was worth a try :). GTA IV is 20 bucks right now on Steam. I guess i will have to wait for sale then, or maybe figure something other out.

JaKandDaxter

War does change
Jan 10, 2009
Ezekiel said:
I'm surprised by that figure. I knew MGSV had a budget that would make most publishers uncomfortable, but 80 million? He could have used the money more wisely. I didn't need Hollywood voice actors, licensed songs and fifteen assault rifles that do basically the same thing. I'll probably only ever use five percent of the tools the game has available. The old games weren't so wasteful. When I play through MGS3, I use almost every gun. They all have their unique uses. But MGS3 wasn't a resource-based collect-a-thon. I don't like this trend in the industry. Budgets are inflated by samey collectibles and filler quests. A memorable, highly replayable game like MGS3 now needs its fun stretched over seventy hours. I'll likely never play through these missions again. While the world was open, it mostly consisted of canyon routes, which would have worked just as well in a linear game.

I think the widespread frustration with the game being incomplete is overblown, though. The stitched together ending worked well enough for the story they wanted to tell.
Yea you pretty much only need like 10 or so guns. I stick with the first assault rifle and a silencer tranquilizer sniper rifle for most missions. And the first tranquilizer pistol, upgraded of course. The cheapest rocket launcher does the trick for most missions. Although the CGM is handy for more difficult targets. You of course need the high powered snipers and that's about it for guns. I think the huge amount of guns is largely for the PF ranking that scores you points towards certain rewards. And I do see how things like that can consume game budgets.

And yes, KP took it too far with making everything so expensive and time consuming to obtain. Whether it be R&D items, or base development. I feel Peace Walker was a much better designed game that took MGS to a near 50 hour experience without overdoing anything. While having more unique side ops like dates for instance. And looking at trophy data, not a whole lot of people got that far into MGSV before calling it quits. And that's a faliure on KP part.

Edit: I wonder why Big Boss's soldiers always wore masks in the cutscenes and on his own base if there are probably a hundred unique faces in the game.
Probably a cost saving measure to keep faces consistent with those you have on MB. Say a scene shows a female soldier, and you don't have any yet on MB.

Edit again: Some of those truly open areas can make for exciting action, though. I like taking out tank units in the open valleys. Sniping, disappearing, flanking, knifing, planting and detonating.
While some people apparently found that boring repetiveness. Stuff like that never got old for me.

Ultimately if your a soldier in the field, you will pretty much be doing the same thing. Although much slower, since you won't be a bullet sponge with the speed of Usain Bolt.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012

Last Game I Beat: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Pros:

- Very different drawing style from many other countless Visual Novel likes game, which make worth the time you invest just by looking at it.
- The main Story/Theme of the game is well-made and enjoyable. Is a mix of Battle Royale [great movie/manga] and all well-known Court movies we all know.
- Gameplay also very unique: While you argue with others for clues/events/identity of the murderer, you "hit with bullets" some statements which are fault and correct them. Also playing other kind of mini games you make also you statement. My favourite is the game which you complete with images a Comics which tell the event of a murder.
- F*ckign good music yo!!! Every single moment in the game and especially in the Court battles are awesome!!!
- Nearly all the characters are very likeable and you will enjoy any minute with them. Plus because of that you will feel sorry for them...
- Love the f*cking Monokuma. It is an evil bastard as it should be.
- Despair. If you are not ready to feel sad and hollow inside by live the events of the game, then please don't play the game. It is the Dark Souls of Visual Novels. There is only despair for our characters.
- FANSERVICE and surprisingly some very suggestive/hot dialogs between some specific characters.
- Btw, you can go on a date or just hang arounf with other characters in your free time. Worth the time and give you some skills to make the game easier.
Finally, a NEW GAME PLUS!!! Worth your time playing it. Very different gameplay from the main game without saying much.

Cons:

- Do you like Anime? Yes? Do you like Anime when they Jump the Shark at some point? No? Then after few hours into the story, you will question the nature of this game like I did...Too Anime in other words
- Even if I like most characters......most of them are BRAINDEAD! Yes, I know some of them are like that to make you play the game, but come on, sometimes is not worth the time to correct stupid assholes who make a hollow argument.
- Sometimes the game is confusing of what kind of agrument you must present to counter a statement of other character.
- The Final murder case of the game start with a Very VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY stupid "mystery" to be solved. I won't spoiled of course, but you will notice it yourselfs as well.
- Not necessary a Negative, but as I said, despair is the main Theme of the game and it doesn't want to hide it at all. SOme people I am very sure will not feel confortable with this. Me too I feel liked this myself.

Conclusion

I am very happy I used my time to play this game. However at some point the plot of the game become as I said, "Too Anime" for my taste, so I was a little disappointed. But other than that, the unique art style, the interesting Theme, the likeable characters and unique gameplay will win you over.

8/10 - Very Good

Brilliant Shadows - Part One of the Book of Gray Magic

Surprisingly this Visual Novel is VERY enjoyable for a game made by Indie Developers. Enjoyable fun characters and fully voice over is a giant plus. Also Hektor. I freaking LOVE Hektor! Not only as a personality, but the way the voice actor deliver his lines. So funny every time I hearing him.
Its Theme you can say is like Harry Potter's Lore, but replace the wizards with Necromancers and Paladins working together to bring balance to the world of magic. Cool. Plus of course the story is very interesting and I love the main Hero. I hope it get better.
Finally don't worry just because it say "Part 1". Just see it like "Book 1". I think it take 6 hours to finish the game which is very good for its price.
I highly recommended for the few hours I played.