What are you reading? What books have you got lined up?

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
Just finished reading The Ultramarines Omnibus and have moved onto The Romance of the Three Kingdoms Volume 2.

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Padwolf said:
I'm currently reading A Feast for Crows, from the A Song of Fire and Ice series by George R.R. Martin. Once I have finished this series I'm going to read It by Stephen King.
Just read this comment and I'm kinda freaked out. I'm reading Feast for Crows, but the last book I read before that was It by Stephen King...

Nietz

Dec 1, 2009
Just finished reading Dune by Frank Herbert. My fiancée got a hold of one of the few translated versions of the book. While I liked the book, now I want to read it in English, I'm thinking it might be better.
I started reading Elven Blade by Nick Perumov. When I picked that one up, I also got my hands on Night Watch by Sergej Lukjanenko and Hard to be a God by the Strugatsky brothers. I seem to have a thing for east European sci-fi.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Just started 1984, Been meaning to read it for a while but I found it on my dads book shelf.
I'm a sucker for dystopian futu- uh, pasts.

Danzavare

Oct 17, 2010
Vanity Fair for my university class. It's so long, it feels like it'll never end! When I get through all my university books I hope to finish The Count of Monte Cristo, find a copy of The Prince and read my Fables series.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
MetalDooley said:
Rereading my Raymond E.Feist collection at the moment.Currently on "Rise of a Merchant Prince"
I'm doing the exact same thing xD
I'm also reading the ciaphas cain books which are quite awesome. Kind of like the blackadder of the 40k universe
And i'm reading through the reports of long range desert group patrol commanders from ww2. There's some absolutely fascinating stuff in there.
Nice.The Ciaphas Cain series is probably my favourite of all the WH40K novels

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Got a few books to read for one of my uni courses; already blazed through The Tempest (William Shakespeare), Robinson Crusoe (Daniel Defoe) and Mama Day (Gloria Naylor), and the next one I've got lined up is The Chosen Place, The Timeless People (Paule Mitchell).
These aren't bad, mind you, but they're not what I'd choose to read if it were up to me; the next book I'm really looking forward to is Void Stalker (Aaron Dembski-Bowden), the concluding novel in the Black Library's current Night Lords trilogy.

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
Just started Clash of Kings. After that I plan on reading Inheritance as I have meant to read it for some time. I just got finished reading War of the Worlds.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
MetalDooley said:
Have you read Eisenhorn? If you ask me that is easily the best of all the 40k novels

The Big Boss

Apr 4, 2011
Im on the final Dark Tower book. It's been almost two years since i started reading them but it's almost at an end :(

standokan

May 28, 2009
I'm currently reading the Game of Thrones series (finished nr.2 yesterday) and have a lot of books on my list of which I have seen the movies (One Flew Over Cuckoo's Nest and Fightclub on number 1 and 2).

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
right know im reading women of wonder a collection of short story by a group of difrent female authors and about women. it is sci fi and is really really good. after that ive got the last wish by Andrzej Sapkowski an then dragonsong by Anne Mcaffery, it is my mission to read all the draon riders of pern books. some day.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
MetalDooley said:
Have you read Eisenhorn? If you ask me that is easily the best of all the 40k novels
Yeah the Eisenhorn trilogy was pretty cool.Just recently picked up the Ravenor trilogy as well which is a spin-off from Eisenhorn.That's next on my "to read" list

I just think Ciaphas Cain was the best because it's the only 40k series I've read that has a bit of humour and lightness thrown in.Makes a nice change from the constant grimdark of all the others

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Ready Player One was the last book I really read. I spend a lot more time then is healthy reading fan fiction though.

WhiteandNeardy99

Jun 8, 2010
I recently finished Know No Fear, part of black library's Horus Heresy series, and I decided to reread the earlier ones. I'm up to Battle For The Abyss so far.

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
I'm currently reading Shadow's Edge, the second book of the night Angel trilogy. I love it. Next I'll probably read the last book in the trilogy. Maybe I'll start another of the Discworl novels or maybe even finish off American Gods.

Just remembered I still have to start The Innocent Mage by Karen Miller. Has anyone read it? Is it good?

Also, has anyone read the Republic Commando books? I loved the games and I'd like to see the story furthered.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
MetalDooley said:
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
MetalDooley said:
Yeah the Eisenhorn trilogy was pretty cool.Just recently picked up the Ravenor trilogy as well which is a spin-off from Eisenhorn.That's next on my "to read" list

I just think Ciaphas Cain was the best because it's the only 40k series I've read that has a bit of humour and lightness thrown in.Makes a nice change from the constant grimdark of all the others
i have to admit, it is rather refreshing to see some humor in the 40k universe. i've almost finished traitors hand, but so far caves of ice is my favourite.
I found raveor to be nothing that special though. its allright, but definitely not one of dan abnetts better works

Ti0k0

Jun 22, 2011
Currently reading J.M. Coetzee's Elizabeth Costello; picked it up at the secondhand bookstore. I'm also listening to Eragon series (Brisingr ATM)After I finished the series I'm thinking of starting the Dark Tower series.

I disliked Under the Dome by Stephen King, which I read earlier this year, bah

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Currently reading 'A Dance With Dragons' by George R.R. Martin, once I'm done with that I'll be moving on to 'City of Dragons' by Robin Hobb (Book three in The Rain Wild Chronicles) and after that I might check out 'The Hunger Games' or go back to reading the rest of the Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCafferey of which I'm about halfway through.

Oh yeah, and when the third Guild Wars book comes out I'm gonna drop everything to read that.

I'd say I'm pretty well set up for the immediate future.