What are your games you gush over, but you can't find anyone else that does?

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
Surgically reduced for your convenience
Yeah, Rockstar's soundtracks are consistently excellent. Love the bicycle theme, it sounds like mischief :D

Speaking of Rockstar, it's strange, I've found all their non-series (ie not GTA) titles to be some of my absolute favourite games, yet I find GTA nowhere near as enthralling. I 'unno, maybe it's the settings.

Also speaking of Rockstar, I never hear anyone talk about their game adaptation of the Warriors. I don't really gush over it (I save it for co-op with a rarely-seen friend, after completing it years ago), but it's a damn good game, if memory serves.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Guitarmasterx7 said:
But other than that, the two darkness games (especially the first one) were really fucking cool.
Now I adore both the Darkness games but by god, the first one is an invitation to become hopelessly lost if you put it down for more than a few days and the second is one of the shortest games I've ever played.

Brilliant fun to play either of them though.

OT: Um.. Resistance 3, why there no more love for Resistance 3? Seriously. It's easily the best shooter on any playstation system. No I do not care that Half Life 2 is on playstations, Resistance 3 was more fun for me.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
PieBrotherTB said:
Speaking of Rockstar, it's strange, I've found all their non-series (ie not GTA) titles to be some of my absolute favourite games, yet I find GTA nowhere near as enthralling. I 'unno, maybe it's the settings.
I think GTA4 was actually the first in the series that I enjoyed gameplay wise. Now, many people say the controls are terrible, but that's nothing compared to the previous games. It's amazing that GTA managed to get as popular as it did with the disastrously clunky controls it had. I remember trying to replay San Andreas a few years back after having been spoiled by the current generation's silky smooth controls. Jesus Christ... The horror.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
GeneralFungi said:
The Sly Cooper franchise. I can gush about how much I love the theme of that game, the visual style and everything associated with it, but I don't know many people who have tried those games. I'm convincing a good friends of mine to pick up a copy of the game to try. Hopefully I'll have someone to discuss the games with now.
Good lord the Sly series is one of the most underated of the PS2 era franchises. I can understand and agree that every game in the series is flawed, certainly they're not perfect and in areas do lack polsih, but they offered such a unique experience that I simply never cared.

I also adore the cheesy saturday morning cartoon appraoch it took. Can't wait for th 4th one at the end of march.....

Oh and inFamous. Sucker Punch has some talent.

LordDPS

Jun 4, 2010
For me? The TLJ series. The sense of adventure and the brilliant storyline in those games was just phenomenal. Now that Dreamfall Chapters is on Kickstarter it's all i can talk about.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
While most people are aware of the Myst franchise, and many have played the first two, I can't seem to find very many other "fans" of them, and absolutely no one else who has read the books. And outside of people on the actual servers, I can't find any "Myst Online" fans.

LordDPS

Jun 4, 2010
lacktheknack said:
While most people are aware of the Myst franchise, and many have played the first two, I can't seem to find very many other "fans" of them, and absolutely no one else who has read the books. And outside of people on the actual servers, I can't find any "Myst Online" fans.
I've read the books and played the games including Uru Online(which is now completely free to play with no micro transactions and includes all the expansion content). I think the reason a lot of people skip the games is because while the plot, mythos, and lore are very in depth and interesting you have to go find it in the games and it isn't shoved in your face. BTW When the fuck did captchas become advertisments. I do not want to watch Black Mirror on the 11th Febuary on Channel 4.

Woiminkle

Sep 8, 2012
The Broken Sword series, more so the first 2. I know nobody that loves these games as much as I do. I've bought them several times on different systems over the years and I play them about once every year. Not many point and click fans around anymore.
And more recently but in the same genre The Book of Forgotten Tales. Quite a little charmer that will probably end up being another annual play through for me.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
ShinyCharizard said:
Age of Mythology. Best RTS ever. Yet none of my friends ever played it.
This.

Whenever my friends look back fondly on an RTS, it's AoE2, but AoM was the greatest one I ever played. Beats AoE3 too.

Garrett

Jul 12, 2012
jigaboon said:
I tried to get four different people to play Way of the Samurai, and the longest one made it twenty minutes before getting bored.
How do you get bored with Way of the Samurai? It's amazing series.

Well, it's not particulary easy to find someone that plays video games regularly here and heard of 3/4 titles I own so I will name a game that's hard to find someone knowing about even on the internet, not to mention love it: Odin Sphere. I adore this game.

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
Just about every JRPG, PC indie game or Nintendo game I have ever played. My tastes in video games are highly different from my friends, but I guess that just means there are other reasons why we're friends.

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
Hearts of Iron III is that game for me. Only one other person I know plays it and he doesn't really like it all that much. That is really no surprise due to its insane complexity and complete lack of a decent tutorial. It is the kind of game that takes a few dozen HOURS before you even feel like you have a firm grasp of the basics.

That being said, if you are really into WWII and grand strategy-type gaming, HOI3 with its expansions (and the Historical Plausibility Project Mod) is the game for you. It has the depth of an ocean and infinite replay-ability once you get past the initial learning curve.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Well it may sound stupid but pretty much every game I play I have no one to talk about it in RL because my friends play very different games I can even remember the last time we bought the same game SC4 maybe?

The two I would love to gush over would be Valkyria Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles but almost no one has heard of them it seems or if they have they almost certainly havent played them.

Really though I dont gush its more mild praise I am not going to start gushing about something to someone that has no interest in what I am talking about that gets incredibly annoying, I dont want someone gushing to me about their new car or favourite sports team and they dont want me gushing to them about a computer game.

Sovereign _909

Jul 6, 2010
Star Trek: Bridge Commander

This is what a Star Trek game should be, commanding a ship from the bridge, issuing orders to officers and solving problem both tactical and diplomatic. I have never run across anyone else who knows of it, let alone has played it.

superstringz

Jul 6, 2010
I still spend a lot of time playing Neverwinter Nights (2002). Nothing else has really let me get in character quite so well.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Played TF war for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron and loved them both but sadly the two games for being great get next to no attention let alone much on here if at all.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Final Fantasy and Zelda, believe it or not. Well, I guess Zelda doesn't completely qualify, because I have one friend online who enjoys the series in general, though not as much as I do.
I have a friend who used to like Final Fantasy, but he's not much into gaming anymore.

Two of the most famous, best-selling IPs in gaming history, and I am the only one who likes them among my circle of acquaintances. Suck on that!.....oh, it wasn't a competition? =(

Zoyasha

Oct 27, 2011
For me the game would probably be Fate/Extra for PSP or the Neptunia series on PS3...

Please put the hands down, I'm not answering questions

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Secret of Mana

Purely nostalgic, but there isn't another game out there that quite feels like it.
Not even its successors (and I love Legend of Mana).

On the other hand, it's kind of a sad game to me because it feels very incomplete.

Sovereign _909 said:
Star Trek: Bridge Commander

This is what a Star Trek game should be, commanding a ship from the bridge, issuing orders to officers and solving problem both tactical and diplomatic. I have never run across anyone else who knows of it, let alone has played it.
*fires a quartet of phase torpedos at your engines*
*loses a tube in the process, curses*

StashAugustine

Jan 21, 2012
Sid Meier's Gettysburg. Old 1990's RTT about the battle of Gettysburg, it's Firaxis' first game. It's not available anywhere and I've never heard anyone outside my family mention it.
Wargame: European Escalation. Also a RTT game, but this one came out this year. It's really good, but it's under everyone's radar.