What bug broke skyrim for you?

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
Today was the first time that the game bugged for me. Texture for the ground didn't load and it looked like water from high above... I jumped.

Faladorian

May 3, 2010
LordRoyal said:
Marriage

The companion bug for marriage where if one of your companions dies, his corpse appears at the ceremony and fails the marriage instantly

Made me go "WTF?" and reload a quicksave from a few ingame days earlier. Waiting for Bethesda to patch it before I try marriage out again.
Wait, so please explain this to me (I haven't attempted marriage yet).

Are your companions supposed to show up at your wedding? And if one of them has died, his or her corpse will be a spectator? Honestly I wouldn't be mad about that. That's hysterical xD

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
Had a bad quest-breaking glitch but didn't kill Skyrim for me.

I went to Dawnstar and started the quest "Waking Nightmare" and without getting too spoiler-y I went into a dungeon and the guy who was supposed to come with me magically warped ahead, and therefor I can't open a particular door without his help.

I then made the mistake of trying to leave and come back in to fix it (which it didn't), and that made my previous auto-saves useless. So until this gets patched, this quest is not completable for me.

Doom-Slayer

Ooooh...I has custom title.
Jul 18, 2009
And not a single bug was seen that day. I find it strange that the same thign happend for Fallout New Vegas for me. People were complaining aobut gamebreaking bugs and I managed to finish the game and sink ahuge amount of time before the epic patch and didnt see a single bug. Same thing with Skyrim, have not found a single bug, so all of you people are basically mad :p

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
this isnt my name said:
Cant talk to Maul to start "no stone rned" quest. He jsut tells me to pss off.
That's not a bug. He only talks to Thieves Guild members.

OT: Nothing. I very occasionally have framerate issues (PS3, played for 50 hours), but it's never during important moments - mostly in towns, so I don't really mind.

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
King of the Sandbox said:
AyreonMaiden said:
The whole "one dungeon for every mission thing." Killed my wanderlust stone cold dead.

Oh wait, that's a feature?
What? I don't even... are you saying you think that there's one dungeon overall, or are you actually upset about each dungeon being handcrafted and not cookie cutter?
Neither, actually. Pardon the lack of clarity, I was kinda being facetious but at the same time I feel strongly enough about it that I kinda wanted to leave it as an angry complaint. What I meant was that it feels like every single dungeon is attached to a mission, and that killed my desire to explore as a scholar/fortune hunter. Exploring for myself attached me to Vvardenfell so much and I'm not feeling it with Skyrim quite the same. I mean, why bother exploring when eventually if I do missions I'll just end up clearing the dungeons anyway?

If I explore on my own then I gimp the missions when they inevitably send me into said dungeons. If I solely do missions like a ***** boy, I gimp my wanderlust.

At least that's how it feels right now. I'll play more and see what happens.

tologna

Aug 6, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
The only game breaking one I've found so far, one that forced me to restart my game, was a side quest in the Mage's guild (something to do with cleansing the focal points or something).

Anyway, after that, I had unlimited magicka, and I'm not one for playing with a game breaking benefit like that.

Thankfully, my mage joined the guild pretty early, so I only lost a couple hours of progress.
That's actually supposed to happen. If you'd have checked your magic effects, you'd have seen a "Fortify Magicka 100pts" effect. That is actually "Infinite Magicka." It lasts 3 in-game hours.

electric_warrior

Oct 5, 2008
Not a bug, but the ease with which you can kill and lose followers. I spent so long looking for my Lydia and ended up having to load an earlier save. I went to everywhee we went between that save and when I lost her, but she was nowhere. By looking, I mean for her body because she never showed up at my house or Dragonreach.

They need to make it so that followers can't die, or are at least not so easy to kill that you don't notice.

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
I say the UI problem. So a bandit tries to shake you down by saying there is a tax on the road and you highlight "screw you lets fight option" only for the game to decide "Here is 300 gold".

tologna

Aug 6, 2009
believer258 said:
None. 30 hours in and I have experienced no game breaking bugs, and relatively few bugs at all.

My brother, on the other hand, has come across some sort of lens focusing puzzle in the Mages' guild quest that wouldn't work for him at all, and I believe it's the same one that

Daystar Clarion said:
The only game breaking one I've found so far, one that forced me to restart my game, was a side quest in the Mage's guild (something to do with cleansing the focal points or something).

Anyway, after that, I had unlimited magicka, and I'm not one for playing with a game breaking benefit like that.

Thankfully, my mage joined the guild pretty early, so I only lost a couple hours of progress.
this fellow had.

Anyway, 30 hours. I have no idea how long it's been since I spent thirty hours with the same game, with the same character, in such a short amount of time. Bugs or not, this game is amazing.

EDIT: I guess it should be noted that I am on the 360 version and my brother is on the PS3 version. The PS3 version is having far worse problems than anyone else at this point, especially considering the horrible framerate.
Has he cast both spells on the focusing crystal?(Flames, then Frostbite)

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
The only really bad bug I've seen so far was during the first encounter with Alduin. I got a bug that made him completely resistant to damage; his health bar, however, would show a tiny sliver of damage throughout, so initially I just believed he had a stupid amount of health.

Took 6 reloads before the bug corrected itself too.

There's also a bug involving two of the best items for a mage in the game, the Arch-Mages robes and the Mask of Morokei, which, when worn together, make your character's face disappear. I'm guessing that's a "funny" bug that went intentionally unpatched.

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
I play Skyrim on my 360, and I've encountered only a single glitch in all my playtime. A bear got stuck in the wall once. So i see no problem here.

Link Kadeshi

Oct 17, 2008
Usually I see more bugs, but not this time. Fairly good play so far. One quest in Markarth wouldn't trigger in the Talos shrine, and had to console command it forward.
Though I keep losing my horse. Not because she dies in combat, once I fast traveled, and she was gone for good. Another time, I left her down a hill away from a bunch of Frost Trolls, only to fight and kill a Dragon, checked on my Horse, no issues, entered a cave and left fairly soon after, only to find all the enemies I killed out of place on the ground, and my horse dead up the hill. I'm pretty sure they all fell from a great height, as I had walked by where I found her before. Not game breaking, but I've bought 3 horses, and it's getting annoying. Sadly, my auto-saves got messed up by me entering and leaving before I knew of the deaths.

EDIT:
Akisa said:
I say the UI problem. So a bandit tries to shake you down by saying there is a tax on the road and you highlight "screw you lets fight option" only for the game to decide "Here is 300 gold".
Also so VERY this!

LordRoyal

May 13, 2011
Faladorian said:
LordRoyal said:
Marriage

The companion bug for marriage where if one of your companions dies, his corpse appears at the ceremony and fails the marriage instantly

Made me go "WTF?" and reload a quicksave from a few ingame days earlier. Waiting for Bethesda to patch it before I try marriage out again.

Are your companions supposed to show up at your wedding? And if one of them has died, his or her corpse will be a spectator? Honestly I wouldn't be mad about that. That's hysterical xD
Specifically when the player initiates Marriage in the Temple of Mara, your companions you've recruited over the course of the game, various people that you've done quests for and just people who have a favorable disposition toward you appear and specifically spawn at the entrance to the temple, along with your spouse. But people who have died over the course of the game, like say companions also spawn there, and the characters react unfavorably to the corpse there and then leave. In your quest log it states that the marriage quest has failed.

In my case I couldn't talk to my spouse at all anymore, and it pissed me right the fuck off. I really hope Bethesda fixes this soon.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I've had almost no problems with Skyrim. Only crashes to desktop now and then. I thought I got stuck early on when you first meet the greybeards, when you learn the Fus Ro Dah shout. The leader guy (starts with an A) wouldn't do anything after the dialog and the arrow pointed to him, but the quest progressed after waiting for an in-game hour.

To be honest, every Bethesda game I've played has never really been too bad. Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout NV never bugged out too bad. F3 and NV both were a bit slow, due to laptop specs, and crashed a few times and Oblivion was perfect.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
The only "bug" I've run into would be twice I've killed random dragons without absorbing their souls. Their skin doesn't disintegrate, it's just a dragon corpse.

Mestraal

Jan 18, 2010
Smeggs said:
The only "bug" I've run into would be twice I've killed random dragons without absorbing their souls. Their skin doesn't disintegrate, it's just a dragon corpse.
Had that a couple of times too.

Had a postquest glitch. Guy came to kill me because I screwed him over slightly relating to a certain horse. He chose to appear during a city siege. There are now two of him, standing next to each other and talking, completely nonhostile to me. I just...let them be.

Not game breaking, but certainly odd.

Faladorian

May 3, 2010
LordRoyal said:
Faladorian said:
LordRoyal said:
Marriage

Specifically when the player initiates Marriage in the Temple of Mara, your companions you've recruited over the course of the game, various people that you've done quests for and just people who have a favorable disposition toward you appear and specifically spawn at the entrance to the temple, along with your spouse. But people who have died over the course of the game, like say companions also spawn there, and the characters react unfavorably to the corpse there and then leave. In your quest log it states that the marriage quest has failed.

In my case I couldn't talk to my spouse at all anymore, and it pissed me right the fuck off. I really hope Bethesda fixes this soon.
That's a pretty pathetic mistake. Couldn't they just put a qualifier on the spawning of NPCs such as, well, i dont know... if(alive)? xD

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
Got stuck in the last room of a puzzle in the mage college quests. Nothing a quick command console couldn't fix.