What bug broke skyrim for you?

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
It's crashed a couple times, and I did once have one issue:

I started exploring some ruins, and got started on a quest to find the three pieces of blahblahblah's amulet. I got to the end, assassinated the health-sapping Draugr king (likeaboss.jpg), but couldn't loot his body. The quest marker pointed to him and everything.

My last save was a while back, too, so I just turned off the quest and went on my merry way, never knowing the mysterious powers of that arcane artifact.

Dabrainbox

Nov 3, 2011
Playing on PC and not a single glitch that was anything less than funny. I once shot an iron arrow at a dragon (the second one you kill as part of the story) only to have it embed itself in Delphine's back, that's about as bad as it got.

Akisa said:
I say the UI problem. So a bandit tries to shake you down by saying there is a tax on the road and you highlight "screw you lets fight option" only for the game to decide "Here is 300 gold".
The UI is annoying, but I wouldn't class that as a glitch. Someone needs to mod in a better interface.

Fredrikorex

Sep 25, 2009
The only problem I have is that the game takes 20 minutes to start and it crashes 8 times a day, so I'm waiting for my new PC before I start to play Skyrim.

James Nixon

Nov 8, 2010
Only problem I had was I cleared out a cave and stashed all my stuff in to as I didn't have a house yet. Get a quest to clear the same cave of vampires and all my stuff was gone :(

arbitterm

Mar 31, 2010
There's a bug in Markarth after you complete a quest where the guards are permanently hostile to you. You have no option to pay your bounty or go to jail. That bug broke my save and I lost about two hours of play because of it.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
If you're on PC you can console command out of it. Not sure what the specific command is, beyond starting with "setstage", but it's something to look into. The final command will likely look like "setstage mg01 2" or something along those lines. I'm not sure on the actual ending number there, but the rest of it should be correct.
Yeah, I don't have the PC version, I have 360.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
For a while I couldn't join the companions but when I was running around Whiterun knifing people in the back (for the giggles) I killed some guy and then this quest started saying I had to go and speak to Farkas to get my first job, so it broke the game for about 20 hours. Aside from that it's just crashing to the desktop every so often when my computer doesn't feel up to it.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
The game wasn't broken for me, i just can never go peacefully into markarth anymore,

they always attack me on sight and if i yield, they say they are taking me to the mine prison, and then i accept and it just starts the conversation option over again.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
I have had only one bug that lessened the awesomeness of the game.

It was a quest that had broken, and the dungeon in which the goal of the quest resided was completely broken. You entered the cave, and there was an entirely broken scene. You could see through the walls, there was an unending army of cave bears, and you couldn't get out, because if you left you fell through the geometry for a while and ended up back where you started.

It's the quest in which you help some Orcish hermits regain their Orc shrine from a giant. All takes place in the rift.

stutheninja

Oct 27, 2009
King of the Sandbox said:
stutheninja said:
the only one i got so far is the invincible Alduin bug, other than that i've been good for 60 hours so far
I don't think that's a bug. He's invincible anytime you see him that's not when you're supposed to fight him, and invincible when you are, unless you use your Dragonrend shout on him first.
it happens when i fight him on the Throat with Dragonrend, he lands but he doesnt take any damage, i tried reloading it like 4 times and nothing

ks1234

Mar 12, 2011
The game breaking bug in skyrim for me was last night when I was finishing the very last quest for the thieves guild and I got one of those ice spears permanently glitched into my character... So I opened up the console command "showracemenu" to reset my chars appearance and it wound up resetting all stats. Fml.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
walrusaurus said:
I play Skyrim on my 360, and I've encountered only a single glitch in all my playtime. A bear got stuck in the wall once. So i see no problem here.
I wish I had those little glitches. I keep running into one that only happens with the forsworn. Where the briar hearts will one shot me, at level 50, wearing legendary armor, and with oak skin activated. Changed it to Novice and they send me into deep space. I almost busted a controller up over that.

goodman528

Jul 30, 2008
Headdrivehardscrew said:
I never let my companions die, though.
Cool. Lydia AI drove me crazy, and I just felt like killing her, but decided to just let her go instead. I guess it's not a bug to complain about though, just bad programming. Didn't understand the whole concept of companions anyway, if I wanted that, I could just play an MMO.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
well my copy keeps randomly closing on me while playing

i have also seen some funny glitches too once a frost spider i killed fell through the map
not to mention other various dead bodys sliding along or ragdolling in silly ways (once i found a dead fox stuck in a boat in solitude harbor XD)

i also managed to fall though a ladder once also my companions like to disapper only to suddenly pop up next to me

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
Dabrainbox said:
Playing on PC and not a single glitch that was anything less than funny. I once shot an iron arrow at a dragon (the second one you kill as part of the story) only to have it embed itself in Delphine's back, that's about as bad as it got.

Akisa said:
I say the UI problem. So a bandit tries to shake you down by saying there is a tax on the road and you highlight "screw you lets fight option" only for the game to decide "Here is 300 gold".
The UI is annoying, but I wouldn't class that as a glitch. Someone needs to mod in a better interface.
I still say it's a glitch, just because it can be fixed by the community, doesn't make it a non glitch.