What did you want to grow up to be as a child?

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Architect or Graphic Designer. I was talked out of it by a teacher during a job fair when i was 14. Wish, now, i told him to fuck off and just continued in my dream. Guess their is a lesson their, if you want to do a certain job, then go for it. An fuck everyone else. Its not till your older that you realise that the job guy was a loser who failed in his life and dream job.

Son of a Mitch

Aug 7, 2011
I always wanted to be a game designer. Luckily for me, I still want to work in the game industry, but either as a 3D modeler or animator.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
At first, a ninja. My dad explained to me, no doubt with my mother's disapproval, that there are no good ninjas, and that they are murderers, but that if I wanted to, I could be a ninja and then reform myself.

By the time I was 12, I wanted to be James Cameron. At 16, I wanted to be the drummer in the greatest band the world had ever seen, or a game designer. By 21, I had decided that all the world would one day accept my voice and that I'd emerge as a best-selling author, creating works not unlike Dave Sedaris and Dave Eggers and Chuck Poliniak.

Starting my job/career in the first pragmatic of my dreams, surgical technologist, on the 29th. I'll drum and write short stories and screenplays in my free time :)

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Still a student, but I've wanted to be a game designer since I was 4. Still want to. Still plan on it.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Videogame-developer. But then I realized I got zero drawing-skills and wasn't very interested in computers or math.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Lizardon said:
Well since I'm not sure what you classify as child...
3-5 years old - A train (I liked Thomas the Tank Engine okay)
5-7 years old - Palaeontologist (Dinosaurs!!)
7-9 years old - Astronaut
9-13 years old - An author
13-15 years old - A doctor
And right now I'm studying Nanotechnology at university
How long before we hear the ominous CLOAK ENGAGED?

I always wanted to be an aerospace engineer. Seriously, designing spaceships? Who wouldn't?
Then it turned out I'm not much good at maths, yet love physics. Still sorting it all out now.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
I wanted to be a game designer, then a game reviewer.

I'm now doing a degree in archaeology. Go figure.

Taekro

Nov 8, 2010
Jornalist, fighter pilot, rocket scientist, then engineer. By that order.

Could've been the 2nd, and am on my way to becoming the last...

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Related:

Anyway, I always had aspired to be an astronaut of some sort. In fact, my room still has a bunch of cool space-themed stuff from when I had that dream. However, I kind of fell out of love for it, and right now I have no clue what I want to be.

Dasrufken

Dec 1, 2010
Wanted to become a doctor since i was 4 years old...

And now i'm about 2 years away from starting medschool.

KimberlyGoreHound

Mar 17, 2010
A paramedic. Now with 11 months in psych wards under my belt, that's impossible, so now I'm looking at being an author (2 books finished) or a pathologist.

Ochidi

Feb 5, 2009
I wanted to be an astronaut for a pretty long time. Then I wanted to be an animator. After that, I wanted to design games, and now I want to be a software engineer, but I'm still interested in making games.

johnboy424

Apr 25, 2011
I'm still technically a child, but when I was younger I never really had something that I wanted to be when I grew up. However, when I entered high school I did have to start thinking about the future, and I've decided that I want to do something in the field of chemistry or chemical engineering. There was a time when I wanted to become a music teacher or musician of some sort, until I realized that I don't like teaching and that chances are pretty slim of becoming a musician as a career.