What do guys get nervous about?

Magic Cheese

Jun 19, 2010
I sometimes suffer delayed ejaculation, which of course is at the opposite end of the spectrum of premature ejaculation. And also not to be confused with "Hurr hurr I'm so manly I last long time derp". No, it can be a legitimate issue when the girl your dating thinks the guy is supposed to get off every time. I get self conscious about it, then she gets self conscious because she thinks I'm not attracted to her, and then everything gets awkward.

We've found that if we're both a little tipsy (me in particular) then we have a great time, though.

Magic Cheese

Jun 19, 2010
I actually dated
Dragonborne88 said:
People shouldn't really worry about being a gamer, to be honest. The last few girls I've dated all were cool with it, and in fact, took part themselves most of the time. I've seen a current girl a couple times now who keeps up with my stupid game lore knowledge. Don't ever think that because of your hobby, you aren't going to get a girl. A lot of them are breaking into the field now.

And for you guys who really want to meet somebody, but don't know where to meet them, have you ever tried online dating? It's hit or miss, obviously, but meeting somebody in a club/activity is the same. And my ratio of success has been much HIGHER since I've started doing it then before, for obvious reasons. A good FREE one is OkCupid. Lots of hipster/gamer mates on there.
I dated a girl who had an Ocarina app on her phone and was ALL ABOUT some Zelda. I informed I had only played through Ocarina of Time once... every year... for the last 12 years... We had a good run :)

Wish the girl I'm talking to now was more of a gamer dork, although we did play a little Streets of Rage on the Wii the other night and had a blast lol.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
With most girls I'd worry about things. I never feel awkward or anything with my current girlfriend, we trust each other a lot and we know what the other likes and what their limits are well enough that we don't need to worry about that. I sometimes worry I'm getting out of shape etc but thats a general worry atm while in the bedroom or otherwise.
I think most men probably worry about their bodies more than they let on. Other than that just worries about performance. Is it too fast/slow/rough/gentle/deep etc and ofc the danger of getting overexcited and things going too quickly but that fades with age and experience.

The post above me reminded me that people with hobbies like gaming might get nervous but I think that's more to do with forming relationships than in the bedroom. Unless you're really that addicted that you'll stop halfway through sex to get to a raid on wow.
It shouldn't really be a problem anyway. Most girls have at least dabbled in gaming and plenty of em game a lot. My girlfriend is hooked on Nazi Zombies and Red Dead Redemption atm xD

Strife17O7

May 24, 2009
Kumomaru said:
Women who have the guile and the patience to make you think they genuinely like you. Which is probably about 95%.
Agreed. And yes, I too possess a considerable amount of self-loathing.

Insecurities: Body hair...is -it- too small/too big...What is she thinking about that guy over there? Who is she thinking about apart from (me)?
Worries: Does she even care at all or is she just wasting my time? Does she have similar opinions/interests as me?

And since some have started it already at this point..No, I am not a virgin. Just not -heavily- experienced as it were.....Yet I'm not terribly worried about a girl becoming pregnant...My only concern there is whether or not I like her enough or not. Any who would dislike me for such a thing, I don't care much for anyway. Besides, I've always wanted kids...just not sure when/how. If she want's an abortion though...I guess fine...maybe it's necessary given the circumstances, idk...-_-