What do you use for a computer background??

Nov 9, 2009
(whitty name here) said:
GIJames said:
-snip-
The second Flandre Scarlet one I edited from Bad Apple.
This is gonna sound kind of strange...but would you be willing to do something like that for me...but with Remilia?

snip
I could probably do something like that for Remilia; it's winter break so I have plenty of free time. Do you have any particular picture in mind? There are two shots in Bad Apple that I could use, but any picture with a well-defined border between character and background would work. Also, what's your resolution?

Buzz Killington_v1legacy

Likes Good Stories About Bridges
Aug 8, 2009
Mr Jack said:
The Globe in London. I saw King Lear there.

Shame about the Fire extinguisher, ruins the authenticity.
Yeah, but it's the whole fire code thing. They also had to cut the (estimated) seating capacity of the original by half in order to comply with the fire code.

Trivia: It's also the only thatched-roof building to be built in London since the Great Fire of 1666, and they had to fight the city tooth and nail to get the right to build it that way. There's an industrial-strength sprinkler system buried in the thatch, and (as I recall) they had to spray the thatch with flame retardant.

(whitty name here)

Apr 20, 2009
GIJames said:
(whitty name here) said:
GIJames said:
-snip-
The second Flandre Scarlet one I edited from Bad Apple.
This is gonna sound kind of strange...but would you be willing to do something like that for me...but with Remilia?

snip
I could probably do something like that for Remilia; it's winter break so I have plenty of free time. Do you have any particular picture in mind? There are two shots in Bad Apple that I could use, but any picture with a well-defined border between character and background would work. Also, what's your resolution?
Well, I would be perfectly happy with the bad apple one to be honest, but if you want, you could take a shot at one of these:

The second one has the most definitive border, but again, Bad Apple version is perfectly fine.
As for size, anything above 1024*768 is fine.

EDIT: you know what? stick with bad apple; I dont think i would use the same the picture if it was based off of one of these wallpapaers

Skuffyshootster

Jan 13, 2009
If anyone is looking for more wallpapers, I'd recommend Wallbase. [http://wallbase.net/]

Just hit random and go wild, or search for something in particular.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I pretty much use these two the most

The website won't let me view the proper size so it this image but in 1920 X 1200.

My monitor size is 1920 X 1080 which mean it hard to find good wallpapers in those size (espically good anime wallpaper).

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Mimssy said:
Jamous said:
Various photos I've taken.
Mimssy said:
SlyderEST said:
Buzz Killington said:
Here's mine:

Is that some sort of miniature chinese house thingie? If so, then that thing is awesome. Not sure if it's a good wallpaper though. I'll stick to my Christmas-themed ones.
It's the Globe Theatre...
I guessed it! I guessed it! Is there a prize? :D
It's not my picture, so I can't give you a prize. I can, however, give ya high-five for us both being awesome and guessing it.
A high five is sufficient! *HIGH FIVE!!!!! :D*

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
I have Windows 7, so I have like 30 or so pictures for my background, that rotate every 20 minutes.

But some of my favorites are:

aether-x3

Jul 15, 2010
My background alternates between

and

Every 30 minutes. My background indicates my current obsession

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Currently it's this:

but I think I'm about due for a change. I'll have to dig up something new.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
itsausernamewhatofit said:
Fraught said:
my wallpaper cycles every 10 seconds to keep me from being bored
What, do you stare at your desktop all the time?
no, but this way i don't feel like changing it every time i do see it.
Ah, see, that's where the art of picking the right background comes in.

Paragon Fury said:
I have Windows 7, so I have like 30 or so pictures for my background, that rotate every 20 minutes.

Because of all the half-naked chicks?

shemoanscazrex3

Mar 24, 2010
Bon_Clay said:
Had it for a while now, probably going to change it soon to a painting by Leonid Afremov. If you google his name you'll see the kind of style he does, very colourful brushstrokes.
Ahh I had that wallpaper pack before I upgraded to Windows 7 and then Snow Leopard. I'm too lazy for finding new ones so I'll stick to stock

shemoanscazrex3

Mar 24, 2010
Fraught said:
Fraught said:
my wallpaper cycles every 10 seconds to keep me from being bored
What, do you stare at your desktop all the time?
no, but this way i don't feel like changing it every time i do see it.
Ah, see, that's where the art of picking the right background comes in.

Paragon Fury said:

Because of all the half-naked chicks?
Don't forget the little girls, even though Su is pretty awesome. She was my Twitcon for a mighty long time

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
My desktop background is a picture of Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. It is the one where he is sitting in his bathroom holding a bloody saw.