What do you want to happen to your corpse?

chronicfc

Jun 1, 2011
I don't really care, as an atheist I don't want to be buried in a church. I say lop of anything that is useful, and give what still works to medicine, other stuff to science and burn the rest.

ranyilliams

Dec 26, 2008
this is what i want to happen to me (this commercial is so sad btw) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6FdS3tcso4

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
I'd like to have my corpse sealed in a steel coffin, placed in a small boat and sent off the Massachusetts coast to reside until it sinks.

From whence I came, to where I return.

Thaa'ir

Feb 10, 2011
I want my body to be burned and for all of my ashes to be scattered in a forest in northern Michigan (my native state). I'd like a Buddhist funeral, but a non-religious or a Catholic one (my mom is religiously Catholic) would do.

I love forests. I love trees. I love hiking and camping and canoeing and mountains and...yeah, you get the picture. So having my ashes scattered in nature makes me feel...free. Unbound. Loosed from the world. I know it might sound silly, but that's why I want my body burned. I don't want to be buried in the earth.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I don't care...but I would prefer to be donated to a local university to help doctors in training. Failing that..cremation. The less of a spectacle made, the better.

SixWingedAsura

Sep 27, 2010
Right now?

I want to be cremated, then half of me turned into a diamond, (or cubic zirconium, or whatever diamond like crystal they can turn bodies into now) and the other half must be mixed in with some alcoholic drink and quaffed by anyone who wants part of the will.

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
Organ donation all the way, cremate what's left. The least amount spent on a coffin/receptacle.

For SCIENCE!

Dec 27, 2010
Honestly, I'd like my corpse to just be left in field to rot. Sounds a bit weird, but I honestly can't think of a more peaceful moment than just resting in long grass.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
I want it mummified and placed in that pyramid I'm secretly having built by Egyptian farmers.

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
Donated to medicine and science. If there's anything left (since priority would be medicine, sorry lads, no whole corpse means there's possibly some left which they wouldn't want) then burn it and scatter it into the sea (mostly to stop people keeping me around in a jar, no thanks).

I won't need it, I'll be dead and likely unable to care anymore. If I can then I like to think how much my body could give to people, rather than worms. I can't imagine letting people die simply because I find the idea a bit squeamish, it honestly boggles my mind. As it is, I don't find it weird (kinda cool, actually, but then I'm a scientist through and through) so no problems for me.

I wish donations were opt out...

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
ASan83 said:
I want my body mailed to somebody I don't like.
Pffft hahaha that's hilarious!

OP: I want my organs given to those who need it before being buried in a church graveyard.

ToxicOranges

Aug 7, 2010
Well, I somehow like the idea of my body being displayed, but at least cover up my junk, ok?

I'd happily donate all of my organs to medicine, assuming they were healthy. I mean come on - I'm not gonna need them!

And then, assuming my insides have been hollowed out for science?

Well, given that there probably arn't any non-religous graveyards around, I'd like to be cremated and have my ashes scattered from a mountain top. So I can float around forever, and give people a horrible cough when I'm inhaled. Ahhh, that'd be fun.