What do you want to happen to your corpse?

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Harvest me for organs then bury me, burn me, process me into Soylent Green, whatever.

ThePurpleStuff

Apr 30, 2010
I'd choose the route that would make it so my still living family wouldn't have to spend out the ass to deal with me, cut all my organs out, use whatever you can or give me to science. Anything that's not too expensive.

AM City Watch

Nov 10, 2010
While not practical/necessary where I live, I kinda like the idea of a sky burial: hauled up some mountain, maybe cut open, and left out for the vultures until only the bones remain. Then even those are ground into dust and scattered. Until nothing remains but a stain on the rocks...

That said, I'll go with whatever my family wants done with me. My burial is for their benefit, not mine.

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
deckai said:
Viral_Lola said:
Encased in some sort of metal and propped up with my arms outstretched. I want a tradition where people have to give me a hug.
You mean something like this?

OT: When I die, people are allowed to use my organs to save lives, the rest should be cremated and the ashes scattered in a forest (or used as fertilizer for a oak sapling), furthermore should a few grams be infused in a acrylic block, as a relic/memento for further generations!
I was thinking more like Hans Solo frozen in carbonite but that could work too.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Take out everything that has the potential to help people (Kidneys etc) and then burn it!

I'l not need it!

Aizsaule

Oct 10, 2010
Whatever brings the most happiness to others, doesn't really matter if the other harvest my organs, bury me or have sex with my corpse, the only thing that is relevant is that my corpse brings the most happiness (or the least misery) to others.

in fact, it really doesn't matter at all, ill be way to dead to care.

The Gnome King

Mar 27, 2011
MetalMagpie said:
And do you even care?

It occurred to me that we have more choices than ever before about what precisely happens to our body after we cease to need it.

You can be buried in a fresh grave, in a family grave, inside a church or outside in a graveyard. You can be cremated and then buried, or scattered, or even turned into a diamond for your loved ones to keep. You can donate some/all of your organs to people who need them, or donate your entire body to medical science. You can even let artists have your body, to cover with plastic as they wish.

Personally, the only real priority I have is that any healthy organs I have left go to people who can use them. Beyond that, give me to medical students or burn me, I don't really care which. Hell, if someone wants to make a piece of modern art out of my remains (and my family aren't going to be upset by this) then go wild!

What do other people think? And does anyone have any other exciting methods of body-disposal to add?
I want to be cryogenically frozen, and am actually signed up to be so. As is my wife.

www.alcor.org

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Zombified, duh, who WOULDN'T want that, either that or to become a god, that would be nice... Ok, if neither, then to be donated to science so I might become a cyborg.

Anthony Abney

Mar 16, 2011
I don't really know what I want to happen to it, but I know what I DON'T want

I DO NOT want my corpse to be:
used as furniture/clothing
used for target practice (guns or otherwise)
eaten (except for survival purposes)
raped
put on display
used in a mad scientist's experiment
used as a scarecrow
posted on the internet
smoked by idiots looking to get high

and the list goes on

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I dont really care either, though I dont want it out right defiled for vile reasons. (People who hate me peeing on it, e.t.c.)
Really though, the dead waste enough space as it is. Imagine what we could do if we abolished graveyards?

Safaia

Sep 24, 2010
Donate absolutely everything that can be donated, cremate the rest and let my loved ones take care of the ashes. I'm dead so why do I care where they go?

DoubleTime

Apr 23, 2010
Buried in a private above ground crypt in a family graveyard in one of two stone sarcophagi, one for myself, one for my husband. I also would like the walls of the crypt to have small receptacles for the ashes of all of our pets.

I really want to be buried with all of my organs and not cremated due to my love of/belief in necromancy. The thought of it not being all in one place bugs me....

That said, if I had to not be buried whole, I'd probably choose the Tibetan Sky Burial, or jhator, where your body is chopped up and fed to vultures (FYI: if you Google that be prepared for dead bodies and slightly meaty skeletons), or some form of burial at sea, either a sunken stone sarcophagus at the deepest point possible or the shark equivalent of jhator.

thecoreyhlltt

Jul 12, 2010
As terrified as i am of death, i'm suprisingly ok with discussing my funeral arrangments.
i would like to be placed in a boat with any special keep-sakes i might have and my dogs dead body(she's not dead yet) then pushed out onto the water and instead of being shot with a flaming arrow, id like it to be a giant flaming pumpkin launched by trebuchet (cause i love pumpkin pie). and then, you know, i burn up and what not.