What does "murder" make you think?

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
So in the news you constantly hear about murders but what comes to your mind when you hear murder?
And where do you live.

I live in Phoenix Arizona and I first think "shooting" and 2nd think "husband murders wife"

So how about you?

Jinxzy

Jul 2, 2008
The killing of the innocent.
If it's a shooting, my mind doesn't jump to murder. It's always something to do with gangs, rage, and/or random act of violence.
Murder is like plaining to kill someone you know you can kill.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Taking someones life with a just cause. Something along the lines of "I want what you have and since I'm a total wanker I will kill you to show you I am a better person". Pretty sure I just stole the dictionaries definition without looking. Go me.

Brightzide

Nov 22, 2009
Manchester (inner city) England.

Death, Despair, Outrage, feeling powerless, out of control, or as if there is no other option...Shortly followed by sorrow and remorse. Whether it is by gun or knife-point, or maybe even by hand. It's the same event, and its been done a million different ways by our own kind. And we're constantly getting better at it.

I've had family members murdered. I've had friends from school gunned down on the street just out the back of my house. My Dad's even had to hose brain matter off the wall of our garden. Unfortunately, its just a part of living, ironically. ( I dont really know how to use irony, 'cause im thick and what not )

Taking someone's life is a terrible, terrible crime. An unforgivable one at that. My cousin had just become a dad not too long ago, looking to be a good one at that. And he was stabbed 3 times for the £20 in his wallet. I would like to hear the reasoning of the culprit, but I would still hate him for eternity.

Murder is usually a killing in the moment. In very few circumstances is it premeditated, and those cases are by far the worst. Self defence is understandable to a degree, but its not a complete excuse by any means.

I think of many things when people mention murder. And all those things come to mind...*sigh*...I bloody abhor this god forsaken city.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
It makes me angry. And I reach to write the criminals' names in my Death Note the moment I catch a glimpse of their faces... unfortunately, I don't have one.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
I think of murder as killing something that was innocent or otherwise did not deserve to be keeled. Murder makes me sad. :(

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
"By the Nine! There's been a murder!"
Silly Oblivion guards, of course there's been a murder! An assassin with a maxed-out sneak skill just stabbed that guy in plain sight! And you didn't see him. Because Oblivion logic.

That's what I immediately think of.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
I immediately think of how it wasn't me doing the killing or the dying, and then stop caring.
I live in Victoria BC... in Canada, murders aren't exactly something that happens daily here, but they do happen, we aren't some little peaceful villiage, we have gang violence, drugs up the ass(fortunately mostly pot, though we do have meth and cocaine, and heroine, and all the rest), not to mention crazy people, and angry rednecks. We got all kinds, so we get all kinds of good and bad stuff, comes with the territory.

I don't know anyone who would benefit from killing, or attempting to kill me, I'm broke, I don't have a lot of value, I don't have many enemies, got fair number of rivals, but who doesn't, life is a competition.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Just the thread title made me think of Persona 4. The happiest game about murder ever made!

But yeah murder r bayd i suppose... Unless there's an overcomplicated murder mystery scheme behind it all then it's fucking awesome!

[sub]Hopefully i haven't blinded anyone with the yellowness.[/sub]

Genericjim101

Jan 7, 2011
For some reason I think "squishy". Then I think that Batman doesn't approve of murder yet can still be seen as a badass without needing to threaten death.