What does "murder" make you think?

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
I think "a premeditated ending of someone's life with no legitimate reasoning".

What I don't think are things like execution's or abortions, I don't think self defence or sudden anger.. I certainly don't think accidents.

The word Murder is like Racism, and Homophobia, and Terrorist, and any number of buzzwords that are vastly overused in modern society, so overused they are starting to lose meaning.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Yureina said:
I think of murder as killing something that was innocent or otherwise did not deserve to be keeled. Murder makes me sad. :(
You could technically murder someone who deserves it . Depends on your point of view . If you think a person can judge another , and determine if they should live or not. Or if of a person can not judge his fellow man nor has the right the decide id he should live or die.

I do wonder if anyone could be truly "innocent". Does innocent mean , never having wronged anyone? Or never Having wronged the person accused of murder .

Anyways i am rambling, when i hear the word murder , i think organised mafia . I live in montreal , quebec . Very few murders here ( compared to other large cities), most of them are connected to the mafia . A couple are connected to gangsters , and a few to policemen . But mostly the mafia . The gangsters here arw a bunch of panzies and aren't really a threat to anyone but themselves .

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
I tend to think along the lines of:

"Meh, probably some junkie scumbag"

Considering I usually hear about murders on the news that are the result of drugs or some gang shit, I'm usually right.

Dec 14, 2009
WeAreStevo said:
Well...after watching How I Met Your Mother, I can't stop thinking about this:

The internets.

You have earned all of them.

OT: I was going to post the dictionary defintion of murder, but now I'm part of the murder train.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
My first thought is a person bleeding out on the ground after being shot or stabbed. My second thought is "You're Gonna Go Far Kid" by the Offspring, but that's always my second thought.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
The Wykydtron said:
Just the thread title made me think of Persona 4. The happiest game about murder ever made!

But yeah murder r bayd i suppose... Unless there's an overcomplicated murder mystery scheme behind it all then it's fucking awesome!

[sub]Hopefully i haven't blinded anyone with the yellowness.[/sub]
ow.but who cares? as long as we can talk about murde[color= indigo]r[/color]s everything will be just fine!f̴̘͍͕̯̳ͮͤͧ̀i̦̺̅̄̈́̚n̦̮̐ͦ̆ͮ͆ę̧̹̩ͨ̈́!̖̝͓̬͓̗̈́̄͗̿̀ͮͅ!͓̦̹͒̅̔̈̊̊͛ͅͅ!͚͊͊̓̍ͭ͗ͮ!̭͇̖ͭ̎ͮ͢!̥͚̫̫̰̩͖͗̔̆̓ ̎ͫ͒̑͢͜҉̟̜̫!̷̻͙͖̣̼͕̱͇͂ͥ̒ͤ̊̏͂̈́̾͜͠ ̴̡͎͈̞͇̻͎̟͖͛̃̊ ̧̖̝̩͉̟͚͕̖̳ͫͫͩͣ̄!̷̼̞̿̀̈́̈̏̚!̳̟͔̼̹̳̭̅̕͡#͓̫̬͓͔ͨ̎ͦ͊͞͠ ̵̭̥̑̌͞!̪̜͔͉̯̭̳͗̉͠ ̣͍͈́́̍͂̀̿͟Ṵ̷̧͚̽̈̐̓͊͑̐͌̒N̷̥͇̫͚̓̀ͫ̈̃̉̽ͬ̃͟H̡͖̦̼̱̋͐H̷ͣ̀ͩͩ̀͗̚͏̬̘̙͙ͅ ̡̭̦͖̞͓̣ͧ̑̇͑̔̂͐͟ ̢̼̓̓ͬ͆ͦ̂̾̕Ĩ̪̻̝͖͙̝̩̙͒͞T̻̟̮̰̗̙̭͌̒̍ͪ̎̍ͯͥ̈̀͟ ̗̲̮̖͎̲͔ͣ̿̎̋ͫ̊̀̚͢͞ͅͅḨ̩̳̍̃̈́ͤ̆́̚͠U͍͇̙͎̻̱̯͙̅͞R̢̘̦̜͌T̮́̍ͮ͊ͦ̑͡͡S̪̪͔̱̜̘̜̜̑̏̚͡ ̪͈͓͍̽́͝S̬̝̙̦̲̮͉̬͋ͣͨ ̘̺ͦ͊ͣ̈́̅͗ͫ̽̇͢Ŝ̡̳̤͔̰͚̗͚̃̉͆̆ͧS͇̋ͮ͑ͤ!͗͛͋̋͑͋͒̌͒҉̨̧̻͕͚!̖̻̜͍̳͈̥̝̙͌͒͂̍̔̔ͩ̇͢͝!̮͕͇̻̉͠!̷ͤͭͭͫ͑ͯ͆͏̼̘̀See? just like I said!

AngleWyrm

Feb 2, 2009
The most commonly cited reason for homicide is argument (including arguments about money & property under the influence of alcohol or narcotics). One third of all homicides in 1997 were triggered by arguments. Felony (rape, theft, narcotics, etc. ) accounted for a fifth of homicides and gang killings accounted for one twentieth. About a third were of unknown motive and the other 10% were miscellaneous motives.

http://www.benbest.com/lifeext/murder.html#circumstance

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
MammothBlade said:
It makes me angry. And I reach to write the criminals' names in my Death Note the moment I catch a glimpse of their faces... unfortunately, I don't have one.
You can borrow mine just as long as Yuno doesn't kill you for it :)

OT: I live in Terry Mississippi, about 20 minutes from Jackson. Jackson isn't Chicago in terms of killing, but there are a lot of crimes involving black people.

Besides that, I think that murder is bad in general and shouldn't happen. But due to human nature's drive for violence, it's un-avoidable.

Sep 30, 2010
MammothBlade said:
It makes me angry. And I reach to write the criminals' names in my Death Note the moment I catch a glimpse of their faces... unfortunately, I don't have one.
This may have been intentional on your part but isn't using a death note murder?

SkullKing84

Feb 10, 2011
Oddly he enough... steak and eggs. Something is definitely not right if that is my first thought.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
In all seriousness, when I hear "murder" I often think of "casual" uses of the word. The way our society (an many gamers, in particular) casually throw around the words "gay" and "retarded" (i.e. "That game is gay." or "That game is retarded" or "That game is retardedly gay.")

If I'm coming up to a boss fight that I know my character is fully prepared for, I'll think to myself that I'm going to absolutely frickin' MURDER this guy! Or if me and my friends utterly decimate a team of noobs in CoD or Battlefield, I might say "Good god, we're straight-up MURDERING these guys!"

Guess I'm saying that I just really don't think about it that much in normal, every-day life. I live in Kansas City and we've got plenty of "murders". But really the news doesn't even say "Someone got murdered last night." Rather it'll say "There was a shooting at 27th and Prospect that is being investigated as a triple homocide." All that means to me is one thug didn't like the way some other thugs were looking at him and so he shot'em. For the record, I use the term "thug" because KC has some pretty bad areas...pretty much everything north of 75th street is officially a "You could get robbed at gunpoint in broad daylight" zone...and that actually happened last week to a guy I work with.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
itsausernamewhatofit said:
MammothBlade said:
This may have been intentional on your part but isn't using a death note murder?
No. Seeing as murder is wrongful killing. And I believe killing murderers (people who kill wrongfully) is right but killing itself can be good or bad depending on the person.

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
... crows?

oh yeah, and when stuff get's killed. that's pretty much it.

OH YEAH! also i'm kind of confused as to why rape seems worse than murder.

Sep 30, 2010
MammothBlade said:
itsausernamewhatofit said:
MammothBlade said:
No. Seeing as murder is wrongful killing. And I believe killing murderers (people who kill wrongfully) is right but killing itself can be good or bad depending on the person.
But who decides what is right or wrong? This was the central theme of Death Note. Do you believe that you are strong enough to decide what is right and to judge the human race?