What does "murder" make you think?

AngleWyrm

Feb 2, 2009
Jedoro said:
Person A kills Person B, but B didn't deserve it.
Are you saying that if they deserved it then it's not murder?

What if your girlfriend/wife breaks your balls every day for three years, steals from you, cheats on you, gets you fired, calls you a ***** in front of everyone you know, and kicks your dog?

Is it ok to kill her?

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
The permanent solution? Because murder is, to many many problems. But it is generally frowned upon and discouraged, so people tend to deny this fact. Although, in this day and age murdering someone generally brings down upon you much more trouble than you originally solved with it, so it's more of a sloppy, inefficient solution.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
AngleWyrm said:
Jedoro said:
Person A kills Person B, but B didn't deserve it.
Are you saying that if they deserved it then it's not murder?

What if your girlfriend/wife breaks your balls every day for three years, steals from you, cheats on you, gets you fired, calls you a ***** in front of everyone you know, and kicks your dog?

Is it ok to kill her?
No, but she's insane if she thinks I won't retaliate at all. Nobody kicks my dog.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Very first thing that pops into my mind when hearing murder is a silhouette contrasted against a black background, standing over a pool of blood. Maybe I have repressed memories? :p

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Well, 'This person makes me want to think of murder as in killing' but besides that it was a murder of crows.

Because I've just finished a bout of painkiller.
I'm going to leave it to you to decide what's more wrong with that sentence.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
itsausernamewhatofit said:
MammothBlade said:
MammothBlade said:
It makes me angry. And I reach to write the criminals' names in my Death Note the moment I catch a glimpse of their faces... unfortunately, I don't have one.
This may have been intentional on your part but isn't using a death note murder?
No. Seeing as murder is wrongful killing. And I believe killing murderers (people who kill wrongfully) is right but killing itself can be good or bad depending on the person.
But who decides what is right or wrong? This was the central theme of Death Note. Do you believe that you are strong enough to decide what is right and to judge the human race?
Individuals decide what is good and bad in this moral vacuum we live in. Of course, no two people will agree on an absolute definition of right and wrong, less likely a hundred, let alone six billion. Maybe that's what the world is asking for, a strong individual to triumph and assert their code of morality over others.

Sep 30, 2010
MammothBlade said:
MammothBlade said:
MammothBlade said:
It makes me angry. And I reach to write the criminals' names in my Death Note the moment I catch a glimpse of their faces... unfortunately, I don't have one.
This may have been intentional on your part but isn't using a death note murder?
No. Seeing as murder is wrongful killing. And I believe killing murderers (people who kill wrongfully) is right but killing itself can be good or bad depending on the person.
But who decides what is right or wrong? This was the central theme of Death Note. Do you believe that you are strong enough to decide what is right and to judge the human race?
Individuals decide what is good and bad in this moral vacuum we live in. Of course, no two people will agree on an absolute definition of right and wrong, less likely a hundred, let alone six billion. Maybe that's what the world is asking for, a strong individual to triumph and assert their code of morality over others.
But do you realty think you could be that person if someone offered you a Death Note? Would you attempt to define murder for the world?

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
chuckman1 said:
So in the news you constantly hear about murders but what comes to your mind when you hear murder?
And where do you live.

I live in Phoenix Arizona and I first think "shooting" and 2nd think "husband murders wife"

So how about you?
"Someone got even" ... is my usual response.

Shadeovblack

Jul 4, 2009
Blood pooling on the cobbles. A not so fair, not so young lady in the midst of it. An officer of the law searching the mists for the culprit. An investigator, keen of eye and wit, in deep contemplation the day after, and then the sudden light of inspiration in his eyes.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
MammothBlade said:
MammothBlade said:
MammothBlade said:
But do you realty think you could be that person if someone offered you a Death Note? Would you attempt to define murder for the world?
Sure. I would become that person.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I immediately thought "manslaughter"... but that's just because of a recent, local case that was quite obviously murder in the second degree that wound up prosecuted as manslaughter in the first.

Of course, directly thereafter I pictured this shirt:

Shadrouge

Sep 25, 2005
MammothBlade said:
MammothBlade said:
MammothBlade said:
MammothBlade said:
Sure. I would become that person.
Eh, it's still murder as defined by law. Just whether the murder is morally justified or not is up to everybody individually.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I live in a small town in Finland.
The word "murder"
For me unecessary death, like someone walking home a normal evening and a random guy walking past who pulls the knife / gun and makes a kill.
Makes me feel angry when thinking about shit like that.